PDA

View Full Version : Sox Employees

Weldzius
05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
White Sox Fans,

My name is Tim Weldzius and I am writing a feature story for a community paper, the “Gazette” (www.nearwestgazette.com (http://www.nearwestgazette.com/)), that you might be able to help me out with.

The story is about hard-working Sox employees, and their importance within the organization. I hope to focus in on the service workers, such as vendors, ticket clerks and parking personnel, but I might expand beyond this if I discover anything of interest. If you know anyone who works any sort of job for the Sox, please put them in contact with me, or give me their contact information. I want to ask what they like about their job, and what a typical workday is like.

Go Sox!
Tim Weldzius
(773) 206-1007
weldzius@suntimesmail.com

Blob
05-22-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm not speaking for the parking people, but I don't feel any of them like their jobs. They always seems very crabby.

eurotrash35
05-22-2006, 01:24 PM
That's an easy one...

-Corralling smokers on the concourse into exile on the ramps.
-Cutting off beer sales right before that last guy in line can get his, and watching his face drop as you tell him the news.
-Sending poor jokers 15 miles out of their way coming out of the lots.

BRDSR
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM
-Corralling smokers on the concourse into exile on the ramps.

LOL. I smoke and feel that it is slightly unfortunate that fans can only smoke on the ramps, BUT...I have no problem adhering to a rule that the White Sox(or anyone else for that matter) put in place about where I can smoke. I understand that not everyone enjoys having a smoker in their company.

I only say this because I haven't seen anyone corralling anyone and asking them to smoke on the ramp. People are smoking all over the concourse, in the bathrooms, even in the seating area, and it bugs the hell out of me. If I can refrain from smoking in non-designated areas, why can't they? Has anyone ever actually seen an employ ask a fan to put out his cigarette and/or go to a ramp.

Sorry for the hijack, Tim. I actually don't know any employees of the White Sox but if I did I would certainly put them in contact with you. Oh, and you might try heading down to the ballpark and passing out a card or two; many of the employees are quite friendly and would probably be very willing to give you a call.

Edward
05-22-2006, 04:09 PM
That's an easy one...
-Cutting off beer sales right before that last guy in line can get his, and watching his face drop as you tell him the news.

That happened to me on Friday. :angry:

Shakey Bonez
05-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I only say this because I haven't seen anyone corralling anyone and asking them to smoke on the ramp. People are smoking all over the concourse, in the bathrooms, even in the seating area, and it bugs the hell out of me. If I can refrain from smoking in non-designated areas, why can't they? Has anyone ever actually seen an employ ask a fan to put out his cigarette and/or go to a ramp.

My girlfriend is 100% against smoking, and will walk up to people she notices smoking and ask them to go the concourse throughout the game. She'll ask nicely, and then you should see the look on people's faces when she asks again and takes her ID out and radio's security if they don't.

Parking Lot employees = always seem annoyed at everything
Ticket Takers at the door = 50% seem annoyed

Weldzius
05-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Next time I go to a Sox game, I'll hand out some business cards to friendly beer vendors.

LOL. I smoke and feel that it is slightly unfortunate that fans can only smoke on the ramps, BUT...I have no problem adhering to a rule that the White Sox(or anyone else for that matter) put in place about where I can smoke. I understand that not everyone enjoys having a smoker in their company.

Sorry for the hijack, Tim. I actually don't know any employees of the White Sox but if I did I would certainly put them in contact with you. Oh, and you might try heading down to the ballpark and passing out a card or two; many of the employees are quite friendly and would probably be very willing to give you a call.