PDA

View Full Version : Potential Anderson suspension

Grzegorz
05-22-2006, 05:00 AM
How does the lineup change without Anderson being available? I know, he doesn't start in CF but who does?

Anderson, while struggling at the plate has been very good defensively in CF; we need his defense. Lets hope his suspension is short.

soxfanreggie
05-22-2006, 05:42 AM
I'm sure Rob will enjoy his starts out there. Maybe a game with Pablo too?

BRDSR
05-22-2006, 09:42 AM
How does the lineup change without Anderson being available? I know, he doesn't start in CF but who does?

Anderson, while struggling at the plate has been very good defensively in CF; we need his defense. Lets hope his suspension is short.

True. I think Anderson has a chance on that play to his left in the 8th off Barrett's bat. No sense playing the what if game, but it's worth considering. Defense wins(and loses) more games than most baseball fans think it does.

lakeviewsoxfan
05-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Pablo Ozuna is an infielder not an outfielder why Ozzie sticks him out there is beyond me. He looked foolish last week in left against Tampa.

digdagdug23
05-22-2006, 12:51 PM
posted this in another thread.

What are the odds, if he gets a suspension (pretty sure he'll get something) of it being lessened or thrown out?

peeonwrigley
05-22-2006, 12:54 PM
posted this in another thread.

What are the odds, if he gets a suspension (pretty sure he'll get something) of it being lessened or thrown out?
Thrown out... no, he deserves a suspension.

Lessened... yes, almost every MLB suspension is shortened on appeal.

IlliniSox4Life
05-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Rob will get most if not all the starts for Anderson's suspension. That's why he was brought in, insurance in case Anderson doesn't pan out. When Anderson's not playing, Mackowiak should be.

getonbckthr
05-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Pending the suspension 3 or less i say Mack, 4 or more I say Pods and have Gload and Mack split in LF.

BRDSR
05-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Pending the suspension 3 or less i say Mack, 4 or more I say Pods and have Gload and Mack split in LF.

(Cringes at the thought of Gload in left)

If you're going to move everyone around, why not put Dye in left where he's going to see a few more balls and keep Gload in right(where he is a little more comfortable) and keep Mack on the bench.

Of course thats all ridiculous. Mack will get the starts in center with Pablo probably getting one in the middle of the suspension. It's not a real impressive defensive outfield either way; Pods, Mack, Dye or Pods, Ozuna, Dye. Only Dye is an above-average defensive outfielder of that bunch.

JB98
05-22-2006, 04:28 PM

Pablo in CF? <shudder>

I'd say play Macko the entire time. If need be, Pods is the backup CF.

QCIASOXFAN
05-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Pending the suspension 3 or less i say Mack, 4 or more I say Pods and have Gload and Mack split in LF. I cant have Pods out of my fantasy lineup for 4 days, he carries me in steals every week. :angry: :angry:

Steelrod
05-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Anderson gets less. He participated in a fight that was ongoing, Barrett started the mess with an unexpected action!

chaerulez
05-23-2006, 12:26 PM

Why do people assume just because Pablo has been inserted as a corner outfielder rarely, he can play center as well? There's a reason we have yet to see him in center.

rdwj
05-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Why do people assume just because Pablo has been inserted as a corner outfielder rarely, he can play center as well? There's a reason we have yet to see him in center.

My god - He's bad enough hidden in left! I couldn't imagine a situation where we'd put him in center.

jongarlandlover
05-23-2006, 07:34 PM
My god - He's bad enough hidden in left! I couldn't imagine a situation where we'd put him in center.

::shudders::

StockdaleForVeep
05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Question on suspensions, if its a lengthy one, can it be treated like DL and someone be called up for him? Sorta applies to the steroid suspensions, if u got a key fielder out 50 games, u gotta be able to replace him

itsnotrequired
05-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Per Scott Reifert's blog, we should be hearing something from MLB this morning re: suspensions.