PDA

View Full Version : Barrett says he grew up a Sox fan

TDog
05-22-2006, 03:27 AM
According to Downey in Monday's Tribune, he was a Sox fan because of his relationship with Scott Fletcher. I couldn't find this posted anywhere. The column doesn't seem to note that Fletcher was a first-round pick of the Cubs in 1979 and that he only played with the Sox in 6 of his 15 big league seasons.

I don't have a link because I don't have Internet access to the Tribune. But the column ends describing Barrett as a "Cubs man, Sox fan."

Dan Mega
05-22-2006, 07:55 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060521downey,1,2015590.column?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

The Tribune takes the opportunity to make sure everyone knows a "Sox fan" threw a punch during the Cubs/Sox series.

Once again, the Chicago Cubune maintains its integrity of covering both teams without bias.

itsnotrequired
05-22-2006, 07:57 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-060521downey,1,2015590.column?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

The Tribune takes the opportunity to make sure everyone knows a "Sox fan" threw a punch during the Cubs/Sox series.

Once again, the Chicago Cubune maintains its integrity of covering both teams without bias.

I saw that headline as well. What a joke...

peeonwrigley
05-22-2006, 09:36 AM
**** Barrett and **** the Tribune.

Palehose13
05-22-2006, 11:21 AM
C'mon now...forget about this. You guys missed the best part of the article:

"I wish we could play this series over and over and over," the Cubs' catcher said. "It doesn't get any better than this."

Actually Michael, it does get better than that. It gets a lot better. It is called October baseball. :cool:

Risk
05-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Actually Michael, it does get better than that. It gets a lot better. It is called October baseball. :cool:

ZING!!!

Risk

PatK
05-22-2006, 02:14 PM
It doesn't get better than this?

I hope he's not talking about a win after dropping two in a three game series.

Lip Man 1
05-22-2006, 05:11 PM
From Scott Fletcher's WSI Interview:

ML: You’re also involved with some other baseball interests aren’t you?

SF: “In a few ways. Michael Barrett, the Cubs catcher, is my wife’s cousin and he and I have started a new youth baseball association. It’s a lot like the NABF or the Little League. We’ve had teams come to Florida from places like Georgia, South Carolina, Missouri and Alabama for our national tournaments the past few years. We play our championship games in the Devil Rays Stadium. I remember how special it was for me, when I was seventeen, to play in the old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland and I wanted to try to give as many kids as possible the thrill of playing on a big league diamond. We’re looking for state directors so we can expand. I know we are close to getting into the Chicago area. If anyone is interested they can find out more on our web site www.bfbaseball.com (http://www.bfbaseball.com/)

Lip

santo=dorf
05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't believe it considering he made a comment about Sox fans running on the field possibly attacking him.

DickAllen72
05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Barrett says he grew up a Sox fan

Barrett grew up??? I don't think so.

getonbckthr
05-23-2006, 01:03 AM
C'mon now...forget about this. You guys missed the best part of the article:

Cut him some slack, October baseball doesn't exist at Wrigley or in Montreal.

mike squires
05-23-2006, 01:07 AM
I know we are focusing on Barrett here but Scotty was a good hardnosed player. I liked his style of play. He was always average with the Sox but he played with intensity and heart.

Dan H
05-23-2006, 09:02 AM
So Barrett says he grew up a Sox fan. I dispute that. I don't think he has grown up.

jenn2080
05-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Seriously I will be glad when this whole fight is over. ..Barrett is an *******....how are they trying to justify a guy who has got in a fight with more then one person.