PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened to Uribe's Leg Kick?

DickAllen72
05-21-2006, 09:47 PM
With Juan getting off to a very slow start at the plate this season, it makes me wonder why in the world he abandoned the leg kick timing device he used at the end of last season.

After implementing the leg kick Hriniak taught him, he really began hitting well and he ended the season strong.

Why would he tamper with success? And why don't the coaches suggest to him to go back to what worked so well for him before???

infohawk
05-21-2006, 11:51 PM
I've wondered about that leg kick too. He was tearing it up during the last few weeks of last season. I don't know why he abandoned it. He's gone back to spinning like a top when he swings. It makes him pull-off everything.

Soxfanspcu11
05-22-2006, 12:10 AM
I am confused about this as well.

There was a time in September last year after he started doing the leg kick where he was batting .500 for like a week or something.

He needs to start doing that again.

Someone email Brooks and tell him!

BarbG
05-22-2006, 02:33 AM
He needs to start doing that again.
I agree, I've been saying that for the past month. When they showed the "old" and "new" swing side-by-side last fall even I could tell the difference. And the results were pretty impressive. He looked like a counting horse with that leg-lift timing but he was hitting so much better. Why'd he stop? Maybe old habits are hard to break.

Bobbo35
05-22-2006, 07:05 AM
You would think that Walker would be all over this. It could be something as simple as that. He looks clueless at the plate.