HotelWhiteSox
05-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Chips
05-21-2006, 11:12 PM
I love AJ. I owe him a jersey.

itsnotrequired
05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Nothing much said. Talked about how he is trying to "lay low" until some of the media hype blows over. Mentioned that Barrett hasn't apologized yet. Said he will fight any fine/suspension that gets handed down.

rocky biddle
05-21-2006, 11:15 PM
AJ sounded like he's really sick of having the bullseye on his back.

Chips
05-21-2006, 11:18 PM
AJ sounded like he's really sick of having the bullseye on his back.

And he cleared up what happened after he hit the jack off Zabrano, and Zambrano had a bogus reason for going nuts.

ChiSoxGirl
05-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Brief summary:

He's already tired of being caught in the middle of every controversy that ensues in games he plays in.
Wishes it'd all just go away. Ironically, this is the same thing Barrett said this morning on The Score.
When asked by Corey McPherrin if he'd be surprised if MLB suspends him for yesterday, AJ said he'd be "shocked and would definitely appeal."
AJ said to this moment, he still doesn't know why he was ejected from yesterday's game.
AJ thanked Frank Thomas for coming into town and removing the spotlight from him for a few days.
McPherrin asked him about his .344 and fourth-best average in the A.L., and he said he feels as comfortable at the plate as he ever has. AJ credited Walker for extra work on his swing in Spring Training, which has resulted in his feeling so comfortable at the plate. April & May have been horrible months for him offensively in the past, but because of his extra work in the spring, he's off to one of his best starts ever.AJ is awesome- I love his attitude! :thumbsup:

It's Time
05-21-2006, 11:19 PM
and Zambrano had a bogus reason for going nuts.

No way! Zambrano was in the right as A.J. was clearly wrong for going deep off him.

goon
05-21-2006, 11:27 PM
AJ spoke like a true gamer and a professional. i think if people actually listened to what the guy has had to say in the last two days, they would respect him a lot more than just hating him for his "questionable" behavior in the past. AJ is a good guy, he plays hard, he supports his teammates, calls a great game and oh yeah, is hitting .344.

kevingrt
05-22-2006, 12:22 AM
In his post game interview he talked about personal problems and it was kinda touchy and weird. He wouldnt go into them though, but he definitely seemed irked and not right.