PDA

View Full Version : Was Raines the First Base Coach Today?

Brian26
05-21-2006, 05:36 PM
We noticed Raines running out to coach first around the 4th inning. Was Baines not there today? Was this mentioned at all on tv or radio?

dickallen15
05-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Raines definitely was coaching first. Maybe because Walker was at his daughter's law school graduation, Harold was the acting hitting coach. Its just a guess.

Chips
05-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I mentioned this to The Dude at the game and we were both clueless.

salty99
05-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Funny because I mentioned this to Brian26 :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-21-2006, 09:23 PM
I didn't mention or was not on the receiving end of a mentioning.

salty99
05-21-2006, 09:30 PM
I didn't mention or was not on the receiving end of a mentioning.

But you did mention that you were not a part of mentioning anything.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-21-2006, 09:33 PM
But you did mention that you were not a part of mentioning anything.

Thank you for the kudos. :cool:

whitesoxwilkes
05-21-2006, 09:34 PM
We noticed Raines running out to coach first around the 4th inning. Was Baines not there today? Was this mentioned at all on tv or radio?

I think he was out there for the whole game.

I'm wondering what Rock's future with the club/in baseball is. He's the only member of the coaching staff who didn't get re-upped last week.

Brian26
05-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Funny because I mentioned this to Brian26 :cool:

Next time I will give proper credit. :D:

TornLabrum
05-21-2006, 09:55 PM
I think he was out there for the whole game.

I'm wondering what Rock's future with the club/in baseball is. He's the only member of the coaching staff who didn't get re-upped last week.

I heard somewhere (these message boards?) that Raines has ambitions to manage. Could be he's looking for that sort of position either within or outside of the organization.

ilsox7
05-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I heard somewhere (these message boards?) that Raines has ambitions to manage. Could be he's looking for that sort of position either within or outside of the organization.

I heard the same somewhere (maybe here, too) and that at the end of the season, the Sox will address his desires. May he is in line for a minor league managerial job in the Sox system, if such an opening is available. Otherwise, the Sox may do what they can to help him find a similar job with another organization. I would guess Cora will eventually go that route, too. But Walker and Baines and Coop don't seem to have such aspirations.

soxfan43
05-21-2006, 10:17 PM
I believe Raines managed in low level minors before he joined ozzie's staff. If he does leave the big league club I hope he stays in the organization and that Robin Ventura replaces him on the coaching staff.