View Full Version : Sunday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
05-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Did his part.

:walnuts

Well that sucked.

ondafarm
05-21-2006, 04:59 PM
I'll bet Cintron gets the start tomorrow.

Baby Fisk
05-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Yuck.

TBGR: Sunday Sloppy Sunday (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3139)

ondafarm
05-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Actually, after watching a couple of replays, I totally disagree with picking PK as the PTC. For the record, I had JC and I don't suggest him as an alternative.

On the double play grounder that wasn't Iguchi's feed was a little off but not bad, Uribe's throw was to the right field side of the bag and low but passable, but Konerko had his right foot anchored at the front of the bag, didn't even try to move and just waved at the ball as it sailed past.

The proper play for a first baseman involves not setting your feet until the throw is coming and you know which side of the bag. Then setting your feet and going to get the ball. Had Paulie done that, he catches the ball and the inning is over.

PK two homers, but two errors, one charged, that ultimately opened the door for the Cubs to score the winning runs.

Sorry, don't like it. Let's get Zito today.

Frater Perdurabo
05-22-2006, 12:26 PM
On the double play grounder that wasn't Iguchi's feed was a little off but not bad, Uribe's throw was to the right field side of the bag and low but passable, but Konerko had his right foot anchored at the front of the bag, didn't even try to move and just waved at the ball as it sailed past.

The proper play for a first baseman involves not setting your feet until the throw is coming and you know which side of the bag. Then setting your feet and going to get the ball. Had Paulie done that, he catches the ball and the inning is over.

PK two homers, but two errors, one charged, that ultimately opened the door for the Cubs to score the winning runs.

I'm going to avoid the PTC discussion like a third rail.

However, I do appreciate the insight from a former player on defensive positioning. I never played first base above the sand lot level (played third in high school PE softball and in elementary school kickball, and outfield in little league :redface: ), so all I had to go on was my own amateur armchair reviews of the replays yesterday. Although Juan clearly threw the ball wide, it seemed to me that Paulie just missed catching it, and that if he had positioned himself better, or even reached farther, he would have caught it to end the inning.
:mad: :(: