PDA

View Full Version : Predict The Suspensions/Fines From "The Brawl"!

WhiteSoxFan84
05-21-2006, 12:06 PM
A.J. Pierzynski and John Mabry = no fines, no suspensions.

Brian Anderson = 2-game suspension, $5,000 fine.

Michael Barrett = 7-game suspension, $15,000 fine.

soltrain21
05-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Barrett gets 10 games.

Anderson gets 3 games.

AJ and Mabry get nothing.

sullythered
05-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Barrett gets 10 games.

Anderson gets 3 games.

AJ and Mabry get nothing.
Agreed.

CPditka
05-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Agreed, man law.

Demafrost
05-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Barrett - 8 games $20,000 fine
Anderson - 2 games $5,000 fine
AJ - 0 games
Mabry - 0 games $5,000 for girly slap attack

He gone
05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Barrett 10 games $25,000
Anderson 5 games $10,000
AJ 2 games $5,000
Mabry 2 games $5,000
Pods 2 games $5,000

I don't think AJ, Pods or Mabry deserve fines or suspensions, but knowing how screwed up the commissioners office is, I think they will get something :angry:

WhiteSoxFan84
05-22-2006, 03:34 AM
Pods 2 games $5,000

Pods can't be suspended. You have to get ejected from a game to get suspended for misconduct.

Hangar18
05-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Barrett should get 30 Games. Thats how wrong he was. Its clearly on tape. He was STANDING in front of the plate.
AJ- nothing
Mabry-5 games
Anderson-3 games

DrCrawdad
05-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Barrett 10 games reduced to 8.
Anderson 5 games reduced to 3.

peeonwrigley
05-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Barrett should get 30 Games. Thats how wrong he was. Its clearly on tape. He was STANDING in front of the plate.
AJ- nothing
Mabry-5 games
Anderson-3 games

Given the volatile nature of these games in the stands, Barrett really should get hammered a lot more than the 10 games being reported in another thread. I can't believe how light this jackass is getting off in the media.

He launched a sucker punch with zero basis other than his bruised ego. It did ignite a bench clearing situation, but thankfully did not ignite tempers in the crowd. Things could have really gotten much uglier than they did.

CHISOXFAN13
05-22-2006, 01:47 PM
AJ- nothing
Mabry-5 games
Anderson-3 games

Just curious. Why in the world do you think Mabry should get more games than Anderson?

Chip Z'nuff
05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Barrett ten game suspension while he is serving the suspension he is to be put in a dunk tank on the concourse to raise money for white sox charities.

BNLSox
05-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Cubs - team should be dismantled.

Honestly Barrett is getting off really light in the court of public opinion because he punched AJ. The league needs to protect AJ though or there will be more of this behavior in the future and eventually both dugouts will just be warned every game that the Sox play in which means we won't even have the right to protect our own players.

I hope the league takes notice of this situation that endangered us during the Angels series and will continue to be an issue when we play the scrubs again. Minimum 15 games in mind to send that message.

Dan Mega
05-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Mabry should get nothing. He was playing peacemaker and BA went after him.

But knowing how much of a softie Uncle Bud is...

Barrett-7 games
BA-4 games
Pods- 1 game

D. TODD
05-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Barrett gets 10 games.

Anderson gets 3 games.

AJ and Mabry get nothing. I think Barett is right on with 10. Anderson I would put at 5 or 6. Nobody else should be suspended in my opinion. Before the game on Sunday the pre-game also said that D. Lee would be an automatic suspension for being on the field while on the D.L. though.

BRDSR
05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
AJ- nothing
Mabry-5 games
Anderson-3 games

Hangar, you're absolutely crazy if you think Mabry should get 5 and Anderson 3. One of the things that bugs me the most is when Cubs fans are so naive that they think the Cubs are always in the right and are God's gift to Major League Baseball.

What aggravates me even more is when a Sox fan does the same thing. Don't be like them, man. Brian Anderson, a 24 year old young man grabbed Mabry, a 36 year old aging gentleman, and proceeded to pummel him to the point that he needed x-rays on his ribs. Mabry was attempting to break up the fight while Anderson was attempting to start a second fight. Anderson deserves and should get 5-7 games. Mabry deserves none.

Yes, we're totally biased here. But don't be totally ignorant.

CLR01
05-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Hangar, you're absolutely crazy if you think Mabry should get 5 and Anderson 3. One of the things that bugs me the most is when Cubs fans are so naive that they think the Cubs are always in the right and are God's gift to Major League Baseball.

What aggravates me even more is when a Sox fan does the same thing. Don't be like them, man. Brian Anderson, a 24 year old young man grabbed Mabry, a 36 year old aging gentleman, and proceeded to pummel him to the point that he needed x-rays on his ribs. Mabry was attempting to break up the fight while Anderson was attempting to start a second fight. Anderson deserves and should get 5-7 games. Mabry deserves none.

Stupid Hangar Moment #9876

miker
05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
In the past, I'd say the Sox would get the short end of the deal.

This time I hope I'm wrong.

hawkjt
05-23-2006, 12:30 PM
The more Barrett talks the longer the suspension will be. He is hanging himself with his comments in todays papers.

He is clearly indicating that he has no remorse and would do it again if given the chance. how idiotic can you be?

itsnotrequired
05-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Stupid Hangar Moment #9876

:rolling:

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 12:38 PM

Whoah whoah. Mabry an aging "gentleman"? If your view was correct, Mabry was being a gentleman and trying to break up a fight, well you are then correct. Anderson and him should get the same.
As for the Stupid Hangar Moment comment

I wont even dignify that with a response

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 12:41 PM
I see a Stupid Selig/Watson Moment Coming.

Hangar18
05-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Just curious. Why in the world do you think Mabry should get more games than Anderson?

Everyone keeps saying they see Anderson swinging away, but I saw Mabry doing the same. Those two seemed to have come to a pile.