PDA

View Full Version : Question

RichH55
02-02-2002, 05:22 AM
Throwing out Rowand entirely and throwing out the 200 K difference in salaries or so(that will get that FA Catcher we've been wanting!) and hell throwing out Simmons and that you got Willie Harris for Singleton......if you had to choose a CF to play 162 games for you next year would you choose Kenny Lofton or Chris Singleton?

RichH55
02-02-2002, 05:23 AM
Just for the record I would choose Kenny, and that is assuming you dont get to keep Harris for dealing Chris

bc2k
02-03-2002, 12:28 AM
Lofton

CubKilla
02-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Kenny Lofton. Most of his hits leave the infield and he is still, if healthy, a threat to steal 30+ bases this year. He is a solid lead-off hitter who, if he gets on base with Valentin/Durham and Thomas following, should be crossing home plate quite often this year..... especially in the first inning. Most on this website, I think, will agree with me that Durham was never really comfortable with the lead-off roll and hit much better in 2001 in the 2 and 3 spots. Lofton is also a multi-time Gold Glove winner.

While I will credit Singleton's defensive ability, his spot in the batting order would have been 6 or 7. Having a player of similar defensive ability, I'll take the #1 guy over the #6 or #7 guy.