PDA

View Full Version : If Zambrano does anything tomorrow...

HotelWhiteSox
05-20-2006, 11:19 PM
then Thornton needs to be brought in to knock someone out. Why a Cubs player would feel the need to do something is beyond me, but we are talking about Zambrano, aka an idiot.

Not Jenks though because I don't want him to get suspended.

Uncle_Patrick
05-20-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm bewildered by this thought amongst the media and Cubs fans that the Cubs need to retaliate for a fight they started.

oeo
05-20-2006, 11:36 PM
then Thornton needs to be brought in to knock someone out. Why a Cubs player would feel the need to do something is beyond me, but we are talking about Zambrano, aka an idiot.

Not Jenks though because I don't want him to get suspended.

Why Thornton? Bring in Politte, Thornton has been solid lately.

Chips
05-20-2006, 11:38 PM

Or Logan?

oeo
05-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Or Logan?
Yeah, I forgot about Logan...he's been in the doghouse. Mostly I was just defending Thornton because he really hasn't been bad for us as of late.

DickAllen72
If Zambrano does "anything" tomorrow, he should be immediately ejected from the game and suspended by MLB for a month.

Why would Zambrano be throwing at the Sox? To retaliate for A.J. taking a punch to the jaw???

QCIASOXFAN
Zamhomo is a serious head case so anything is possible.

oeo
05-20-2006, 11:41 PM
If Zambrano does "anything" tomorrow, he should be immediately ejected from the game and suspended by MLB for a month.

Why would Zambrano be throwing at the Sox? To retaliate for A.J. taking a punch to the jaw???

Who knows? This is Zambozo we're talking about here, this guy doesn't have a brain, he just does things.

CLR01
05-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Zamhomo is a serious head case so anything is possible.

After the fight he had a crazy look while sitting in the dugout. If the game is close he won't do a thing but if it is another blowout it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he threw at someone.

HotelWhiteSox
05-20-2006, 11:45 PM

Politte is a good call, he's been iffy this year, he'd be a good candidate. I don't know if Logan or Montero has the stones or ability to make the point

Fuller_Schettman
05-20-2006, 11:50 PM
After the fight he had a crazy look while sitting in the dugout. If the game is close he won't do a thing but if it is another blowout it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he threw at someone.

I'd count on the latter. :cool:

Logan won't be around tomorrow, my guess...

I'm bewildered by this thought amongst the media and Cubs fans that the Cubs need to retaliate for a fight they started.

It's about saving face. After we won the fight they started and then hit the Grand Salami and then shut them out, they need something to hang their hat on. Zambrano beaning Konerko or Iguchi or Pods would be their measure of vengeance.

I hope we beat them like 9-0 and take a 22-1 weekend sweep!

DickAllen72
05-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Who knows? This is Zambozo we're talking about here, this guy doesn't have a brain, he just does things.

I would hope Dusty would warn him not to do anything stupid.....but we are talking about Dusty, Zambrano and the Cubs, so as you say, who knows?

Tragg
05-21-2006, 12:39 AM
What do the Cubs have to complain about?

The question is do we do anything, and I hope we don't.

Tragg
05-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Politte is a good call, he's been iffy this year, he'd be a good candidate. I don't know if Logan or Montero has the stones or ability to make the point
He's been pitching a lot better recently and we need him badly to win this thing.

rocky biddle
05-21-2006, 12:48 AM
The Sox can't afford to lose a bunch of guys for a few games because the cubs feel the need to settle some imaginary score. I think the umps will warn both teams before tomorrow's game and hopefully that'll nip it in the bud.

Today Barrett threw the first punch and Tadahito delivered the fatal blow. If the cubs decide to throw at someone tomorrow, I hope the Sox retaliate by again dominating them on the scoreboard.

Kuzman
05-21-2006, 12:51 AM
I'd count on the latter. :cool:

I hope we beat them like 9-0 and take a 22-1 weekend sweep!

And not an EARNED run the entire series! I'd take that!

tehwhitesoxrulz
05-21-2006, 12:56 AM
I may get laughed at for this but if Thornton keeps up the good work does anyone see him being as good as Billy Wagner

beckett21
05-21-2006, 12:57 AM

I thought I saw Zambrano jawing at Pierzynski on the field at the tail end of one of the replays.

He's a loose cannon. Nothing would surprise me tomorrow.

MrX
05-21-2006, 12:59 AM
If you told Logan to throw at someone he'd probably throw a called strike.

jabrch
05-21-2006, 12:59 AM

I'd use Thornton. His fastball would leave a mark. And I wouldn't do it tomorrow. I'd wait until we go to Wrigley, and Zambrano has to hit...and I'd thump him one good on the wrist.

But that's just me.

tehwhitesoxrulz
05-21-2006, 01:00 AM
If you told Logan to throw at someone he'd probably throw a called strike.I almost spit my pop out after reading that reply.:D:

Anyway be easy on Logan he isn't as bad as Koch is he.

isilzha
05-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the umpires warned both teams before the game even starts.

Banix12
05-21-2006, 01:08 AM
The Sox can't afford to lose a bunch of guys for a few games because the cubs feel the need to settle some imaginary score. I think the umps will warn both teams before tomorrow's game and hopefully that'll nip it in the bud.

Today Barrett threw the first punch and Tadahito delivered the fatal blow. If the cubs decide to throw at someone tomorrow, I hope the Sox retaliate by again dominating them on the scoreboard.

I think you are right on your assessment here. The umpires will not let this escalate any further than it has.

I personally doubt the cubs will do anything tomorrow. For one, I don't see why they should feel they have to retaliate. In a way didn't Barrett already retaliate? And most of the cubs players and Dusty Baker have already stated that AJ's play was legit.

With the current state of that team they cannot afford to lose any more players, especially Zambrano. If I'm Baker I pull him aside before the game tomorrow and strictly warn him not to do anything.

thomas35forever
05-21-2006, 01:13 AM
I bet Zambrano's gonna go to bed tonight thinking about who he should pitch inside too. One hit batsman and he's gone.

MERPER
05-21-2006, 01:17 AM
I have ZERO doubts Zambrano will bean someone, probably AJ... He is a loose cannon... the Cubs season is basically over... he is frustrated because he's pitched well and is merely 2-2... it all adds up to him going crazy/psycho and beaning someone...

DaleJRFan
05-21-2006, 01:20 AM
I would hope Dusty would warn him not to do anything stupid.....but we are talking about Dusty, Zambrano and the Cubs, so as you say, who knows?

after listening to Dusty Baker's comments today about this whole ordeal, I find it very hard to believe he gives instructions to a pitcher to throw at anyone. Besides, there WILL be warnings issued before the first pitch tomorrow. Dusty may be a bad manager, but he's not stupid. Last thing his team needs is ANOTHER starter missing from suspension and even getting himself hosed for a few games.

Barrett admitted it was his fault. He's a jackass. AJ rolled him over, Gooch hit a slam, end of story. Cubs suck, Sox rule. Let's move on to the AL central rivalries that mean something.

DickAllen72
05-21-2006, 01:31 AM
after listening to Dusty Baker's comments today about this whole ordeal, I find it very hard to believe he gives instructions to a pitcher to throw at anyone.

I said I hope Dusty warns him not to do anything stupid. I'm pretty sure Dusty wouldn't give instructions to throw at anyone. I'm suggesting he may say nothing at all, and it's possible Zambrano may do something stupid on his own.

TheKittle
05-21-2006, 01:38 AM
After thinking it over, I'm more concerned about what happens the next time the Sox and cubs meet at the dump, Chewing Gum Field, even if the idiot is going tomorrow for the cubs.

Things are still hot after Sat and everybody will be on edge. In June/July when the Sox go slumming up north, things will settle down a little. That's when I look for AJ to get hit.

slavko
05-21-2006, 01:44 AM

He ALWAYS has a crazy look.

oeo
05-21-2006, 01:46 AM
After thinking it over, I'm more concerned about what happens the next time the Sox and cubs meet at the dump, Chewing Gum Field, even if the idiot is going tomorrow for the cubs.

Things are still hot after Sat and everybody will be on edge. In June/July when the Sox go slumming up north, things will settle down a little. That's when I look for AJ to get hit.

Probably.

I've got a good feeling that AJ is going to take a major blow to Zambozo tomorrow (as in a huge hit).

TornLabrum
05-21-2006, 07:46 AM
I have ZERO doubts Zambrano will bean someone, probably AJ... He is a loose cannon... the Cubs season is basically over... he is frustrated because he's pitched well and is merely 2-2... it all adds up to him going crazy/psycho and beaning someone...

Whaddaya mean their season's over! Wood is back! Prior is on the way! Lee gets his cast taken off this week!

vegyrex
05-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Zambrano is a hot head. If he doesn't plunk one of our guys in the first inning that would be a major feat for that guy.

Lets for the sweep!! :cool:

white sox bill
05-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Z is mean enough and crazy enough to bean someone. Not to mention stupid enought too

tick53
05-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Zambrano is a lunatic. This guy could snap at any time. If anyone thinks Baker can control him, think again. His may not even think about
yesterdays incident and blow a gasket anyway. That's my take on Carlos Zambrano.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Just win the ****ing game. These guys are punks. Barrett's actions and the words of Hill and Jones only prove it. We have no business scheduling these idiots anymore.

Iguana775
05-21-2006, 11:32 AM

lol. Not sure if Politte could actually hit his target. LOL

tehwhitesoxrulz
05-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Just win the ****ing game. These guys are punks. Barrett's actions and the words of Hill and Jones only prove it. We have no business scheduling these idiots anymore.I find it funny Jones was defending Barrett when not to long ago a cubs fan tried to hit him in the face with a ball.:?: