PDA

View Full Version : News from SoxFest...

PaleHoseGeorge
02-02-2002, 12:52 AM
...is now posted on the main page!

Time to get some sleep and do it all over again tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there!

Most fans I talked to were pretty excited by the Lofton acquisition. Judging by the traffic around here, you guys are pretty excited, too.

:rowand
"Where's the love, people?"

CLR01
02-02-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

:rowand
"Where's the love, people?"

What love???

Daver
02-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

What love???

Being a bitter curmudgeon gets you no where Singletonism was a pipe dream at best,admit it.

RedPinStripes
02-02-2002, 01:49 AM
:graff
"Who the hell is going to pick me up off the floor at Jimbo's now that Singleton's gone?"

:crede
"I'll be there. I'm the new step child now that Sean Lowe is outa here. I went to AA instead of winter ball then they couldn't trade Royce so I hit the mad dog again."

RedPinStripes
02-02-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

What love???

Take your dolphins, wannie and the o's and go to hell. :)

Iwritecode
02-02-2002, 06:22 PM
After one day of action, the official WSI scoreboard reads: "Clayton 1, Valentin 1." It was hard to find anybody who wanted to arm wrestle on behalf of Royce Clayton. The score could easily have been 15-0 for Valentin had we awarded forfeits.

This will change tomorrow.

French Fry Boy has a stack of unused fast food restaurant napkins awaiting his signature for anxious Sox Fans. Can't imagine why they didn't go faster!

Make sure and save one for me!!!

I should be there tomorrow. I'll have my brother-in-law and possibly Mrs. IWC. That depends on us finding a babysitter.

I wonder what grandma (my mom) is doing tomorrow...?

FarWestChicago
02-02-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I wonder what grandma (my mom) is doing tomorrow...? Start begging. :smile:

Iwritecode
02-02-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Start begging. :smile:

OK, it worked. Three quick questions for anyone who can help. Should I get the tickets on-line and pay the 2.75 conveinence charge or get them at the door? Is it cash only at the door?

They do allow strollers there right?

Daver
02-02-2002, 10:29 PM

OK, it worked. Three quick questions for anyone who can help. Should I get the tickets on-line and pay the 2.75 conveinence charge or get them at the door? Is it cash only at the door?

They do allow strollers there right?

I beleive it is sold out,so if you can get tickets on-line I suggest you do so,and they have to allow strollers,they allow wheelchairs.I know more about ADA compliance than I ever wanted to.

Iwritecode
02-02-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by daver

I beleive it is sold out,so if you can get tickets on-line I suggest you do so,and they have to allow strollers,they allow wheelchairs.I know more about ADA compliance than I ever wanted to.

I thought they were sold out too, but I've been checking for the past 3 days and they have had tickets. Superbowl sunday may have something to do with it...

Iwritecode
02-02-2002, 11:07 PM
It's official, I have 3 tickets waiting for me at the will-call window. Mrs. IWC will be joining me.

Thanks Daver. Again. :smile:

Daver
02-02-2002, 11:12 PM
It's official, I have 3 tickets waiting for me at the will-call window. Mrs. IWC will be joining me.

Thanks Daver. Again. :smile:

Always happy to help.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-02-2002, 11:20 PM
There are plenty of strollers at SoxFest. I saw one family with a giant stroller, and the only thing in there was an autographed bat, LOL!

Depending how large your child is, you may consider a baby harness. It makes it easier to move through the crowd and still leaves your hands free. Dr. Crawdad was there carrying his daughter--a real cutie. Along with his wife, all three were decked out in Sox garb! It was a good look. If a family of Cubs fans did that, they would like a traveling circus tent. :smile: