PDA

View Full Version : OMG Who just saw espn

WCCMIKE
05-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm not a Jeff Brantly fan at all but he said so himself that the play was clean and Barrett had no right to punch AJ.:o:

Chips
05-20-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm not a Jeff Brantly fan at all but he said so himself that the play was clean and Barrett had no right to punch AJ.:o:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

RadioheadRocks
05-20-2006, 06:38 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, that loud thud you just heard was me falling backwards out of my chair.

Lip Man 1
05-20-2006, 06:46 PM
That seems to be the consensus among the comments I have heard so far today on ESPN News, ESPN Radio and KSL (Channel 2) in Salt Lake City.

Lip

sullythered
05-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Wow, a guy's really gotta be a jerk for it to be a surprise when he actually gets something, even something obvious, right.
I still hate him.

LongLiveFisk
05-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Barrett himself sounded like he knew he screwed up, from the press conference I was watching. He has a tendency to fly off the handle though and have to keep explaining himself, which makes him look very bad.

Some Cub fans are embarrassed by this too, interestingly enough. Did anyone else see the guy on CLTV who threw his Cub jersey down and stomped on it and said he's finished with them?

OzzyTrain
05-20-2006, 07:06 PM
One of the cubs player said the same thing, no clue who it was but he said it was uncalled for. He said the ball was not even close, but what is AJ suppose to do, he can't see the ball, its a bang bang play and Barrett was blocking the plate.

MrRoboto83
05-20-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm sure Brantly read the teleprompt wrong again.

He gone
05-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Even Crusty Baker said Barrett was wrong :o:

I think Michael needs Anger Management :D:

hawkjt
05-20-2006, 09:43 PM
But on BB2nite he said altho AJ did nothing wrong if he was Zambrano in the seventh inning tomorrow with a big lead he would hit AJ!!!

I am stunned that they are all talking about retalitation from the cubs on the sox!!

Are they crazy or is it me?

I want Mags back
05-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Flight #24
05-20-2006, 09:53 PM
But on BB2nite he said altho AJ did nothing wrong if he was Zambrano in the seventh inning tomorrow with a big lead he would hit AJ!!!

Of course, at this point, that's akin to me saying that if I won a $100M and someone offered to give me $100, I might say "nope, thanks anyway". Point is: scenario ain't happening in real life. The Sox smell blood and have something to fight for right now.

Uncle_Patrick
05-20-2006, 10:26 PM

Pretty much everyone has said this except for Bruce LevineLine, who said AJ provoked the fight by "awkwardly elbowing" Barrett, and whoever hosts the Cubs postgame show on WGN who basically said that it was a clean play, but AJ had it coming because he's not popular with other players around the league.

TornLabrum
05-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Pretty much everyone has said this except for Bruce LevineLine, who said AJ provoked the fight by "awkwardly elbowing" Barrett, and whoever hosts the Cubs postgame show on WGN who basically said that it was a clean play, but AJ had it coming because he's not popular with other players around the league.

Whew! I'm glad somebody picked up on what I thought would happen: the elbowing accusation. I was beginning to think the media were actually coming to their senses.

Chips
05-20-2006, 10:33 PM

LeVineline is an assclown. Was he even watching the game?

DickAllen72
05-20-2006, 10:34 PM

LevineLine has been known to make things up in regards to trade rumors, but now he's making things up regarding events that happened on the field in front of 40,000 fans and millions more across the country watching on TV! Unbelieveable.

There was no elbow thrown. No shoulder thrown. It was an unprovoked sucker punch.

Barrett grabbed A.J.! He grabbed him, said "I didn't have the ball, bitch," and punched him. End of story.

Barrett should be suspended for twenty games. A.J. should receive an apology from MLB for being ejected from the game for doing nothing wrong.

markopat
05-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

...or a blind nut finds a squirrel...

jdm2662
05-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Bruce Levline is the biggest Cubs apologist and Cubbie loving tool out there. He's quite pathetic, and rather wrong. Anyone else can see AJ did nothing wrong. This is just another chapter of why the Cubs are losers.

areilly
05-21-2006, 11:32 AM

That he "had it coming" remarks have, so far, been the stupidest thing in a long line of stupid things to come out of the sports media's collective mouth. I can count on one hand the people who would be justified in hating AJP, and even those are all for lame reasons.

Josh Paul doesn't tag the batter out when no call is made on a third strike?

Kelvim Escobar forgets his glove is empty on a tag play at first?

Tomko and what's-his-name are crummy pitchers?

Barrett blocked the plate and threw an unprovoked sucker-punch?

These things are whose fault?

CHEESESOXER
05-21-2006, 11:44 AM
That 0 & 5 flubs clown, willie the walker said it was wrong because barrett didn't have the ball.
Does this guy not know the rules besides not knowing how to pitch?

digdagdug23
05-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Kelvim Escobar forgets his glove is empty on a tag play at first?
These things are whose fault?

Well, he does wear safety glasses, maybe they were fogged over.