PDA

View Full Version : The Cheater Hits #714

RKMeibalane
05-20-2006, 03:33 PM
'Nuff said. I think I'm going to throw up.

BRDSR
05-20-2006, 03:34 PM
In the bottom right corner of ESPNews they are reporting that Bonds has tied Ruth with 714 home runs. Take that for what it is worth.

This is a sad day in baseball.

Jerry Seinfeld
:chunks

RKMeibalane
The worst part is that the FOBB are cheering for him, just moments after booing the hell out of him. Hypocrites.

Jjav829
05-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

714*

RKMeibalane
05-20-2006, 03:39 PM
How many times do you think ESPN shows the replay tonight?

LuvSox
05-20-2006, 03:43 PM
How many times do you think ESPN shows the replay tonight?

"There was a fight in Chicago?"

elrod
05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Glad it's done with, though. I was sick of hearing about it. I've always hated Barry Bonds. He had an amazing career up to 1999 - superb fielder, amazing speed, great power, great contact hitter. He was a surefire first-ballot Hall of Famer, and could have challenged Willie Mays for 3rd on the HR list. But then he got greedy after watching cheaters Sosa and McGwire. What a shame.

Before 2000, when he turned 35, he had 450 homers. Without steroids he probably would have hit 150 more over the rest of his career, if he stayed healthy. That would put him at 600 and one of the greatest ever.

RKMeibalane
05-20-2006, 03:48 PM
The Giants commentators are creaming themselves over it. Ugh.

White_Sock
05-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Ditto

I live in the SF bay area and this is getting rediculous. The restaraunt i bartend at stops everytime Bonds comes to bat. This is starting to remind me of Cubs fans watching the great SHAMBINO.

soxfan26
05-20-2006, 03:55 PM
**** You Barry, **** You Very Much.

Optipessimism
05-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Barry should auction off his bat and use it to buy a clue. Go home Barry, everybody hates you.

DickAllen72
05-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Let me just take this moment to say that Babe Ruth is still the greatest baseball player and the greatest slugger in history. Period. End of story.

MLB should celebrate what happened today by universally retiring the Babe's number 3.

Here's to "The Bambino"! :gulp:

IlliniSox4Life
05-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Cubs sucker punch Sox, Bonds sucker punches Ruth

MeteorsSox4367
05-20-2006, 04:19 PM
ESPN won't know what to lead SportsCenter with. Bonds hits 714, the Yankees and the Mets play. What to do? Did TO do anything today?

Even though Bonds played for my second-favorite MLB team in Pittsburgh, I still think he's an arrogant, self-centered, clueless piece of crap. I also don't like the fact that an ass like Bonds is featured on the "Talking Baseball" banner next to two of my favorite players as a kid in Clemente and Brett.

On ESPN's Sunday night game tomorrow, chief apologist Joe Morgan should have a lot to say in praise of Bonds.

In closing, BLEEP Barry Bonds.

LuvSox
05-20-2006, 04:25 PM
On ESPN's Sunday night game tomorrow, chief apologist Joe Morgan should have a lot to say in praise of Bonds.

His head is going to explode.

buehrle4cy05
05-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm happy for him.

StockdaleForVeep
05-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Barry should auction off his bat and use it to buy a clue. Go home Barry, everybody hates you.

I dont think he cares if you like him or not

Chips
05-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Let me just take this moment to say that Babe Ruth is still the greatest baseball player and the greatest slugger in history. Period. End of story.

MLB should celebrate what happened today by universally retiring the Babe's number 3.

Here's to "The Bambino"! :gulp:

Greatest slugger no doubt.

Greatest baseball player: Ty Cobb.

As for Barry, Can't say I really care. I don't like him, he's a cheat, but he is tied for number 2 for career jacks right now.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-20-2006, 07:24 PM
I have no idea how many dingers Barroids winds up with, but I guarantee how ever many he hits will have a giant asterisks next to it. MLB will not give him the homerun record -- or even the #2 position behind Aaron. That's the job ex-Senator John Mitchell was hired for... tearing baseball a new ******* and "cleaning up the game" by taking a giant **** on all the steroid cheaters. Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa are probably in for trouble, too. A*S*T*E*R*I*S*K*S.

Game of Shadows has sealed Barroid's fate. MLB simply can't sweep his grand jury admission under the carpet anymore. The smartest move he could make is simply leave the game... for himself as well as the rest of the steroids cheats.

:nandrolone
"I was smart enough to get lost. Why can't Barry be smart like me?"

http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/MM_MaY_2.15.jpg
"Don't you dare ask me about the past!"

RadioheadRocks
05-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Glad it's done with, though. I was sick of hearing about it.

Oh but it's NOT over yet; they're still going to break in with every Bonds at-bat until he hits #715, however long that may take. :angry:

chisoxmike
05-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Cubs sucker punch Sox, Bonds sucker punches Ruth

Post of the Week!!!!

Foulke You
05-20-2006, 09:48 PM

714*
I second that! The coverage of the "historic" event is nauseating too. I can't believe people STILL defend this guy and think this is a great moment for the game. :mad:

oeo
05-20-2006, 09:55 PM

As for Barry, Can't say I really care. I don't like him, he's a cheat, but he is tied for number 2 for career jacks right now.
He's still tied with the best slugger of all time at #2, and at #1 by left-handed batters.

Please leave baseball and never show your face again (I don't want to look at that ugly thing anymore anyway)...

rocky biddle
05-20-2006, 09:57 PM
I just saw Bonds' press conference on BBTN and 'ol big head was actually quite gracious. He said something like, "The fans here were great. I'm just glad it's over. Now you guys can go watch Albert Pujols. That guy's gonna do some special things."

Anyway, in a perfect world all the managers throughout the league would get together and make a pact to intentionally walk him for the rest of his career. **** that greedy, pompous piece of ****. I hope Georrge Mitchell gets to the bottom of things and Barry goes away forever.

CLR01
05-20-2006, 10:01 PM
The coverage of the "historic" event is nauseating too. :mad:

ESPN "Tune in at the top of the every hour for a replay of today's magical homerun as well as a replay of the other 713. "

HotelWhiteSox
05-20-2006, 10:32 PM
I wonder how Bonds will be treated in hell (and it has nothing to do with steroids)

Glad it's done with, though. I was sick of hearing about it.
Not over at all, they'll cream themselves when he passes Ruth, and then they'll have a whole 'nother count for the all time record (which I hope he doesn't get close to)

oeo
05-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I wonder how Bonds will be treated in hell (and it has nothing to do with steroids)

Not over at all, they'll cream themselves when he passes Ruth, and then they'll have a whole 'nother count for the all time record (which I hope he doesn't get close to)

He won't. It really wouldn't surprise me if after he passes Ruth, he quits. He's already stated that was his goal. I hope the day comes when ESPN announces that Bonds has been permanently banned from baseball.

MRKARNO
05-20-2006, 10:41 PM
You could look it at that way.....

Or you could look at it this way:

Barry Bonds probably isnt good enough to get more than 770-780 HRs tops. A-Rod is 30 and has 438 HRs. Pujols is 26 and has 222 HRs. Both of them are going to have great shots at Bonds. This should just make you appreciate every Pujols and A-Rod HR even more and consider them part of their quest to pass Bonds on the list. Whatever record Bonds set is unlikely to last too long, given the rate at which HRs are hit in today's game. Be mad and then cheer for A-Rod and Pujols to get even.

Daver
05-20-2006, 10:47 PM

Get back to me when Ty Cobb pitches a game.

Till then he has nothing on Babe Ruth,

oeo
05-20-2006, 10:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Not only was Ruth the greatest slugger, but he was a great pitcher as well. I don't think there's any doubt that he's the best baseball player ever.

PushnThaEscalade
05-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Am i the only one who still likes Bonds? steroids or not, 714 is too impressive of a number to be ignored, and i always will be a Bonds fan. Anyone who does AT LEAST 500/500 in his career should be given his respect.

CLR01
05-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Anyone who does AT LEAST 500/500 in his career should be given his respect.

Sure but that wasn't good enough for him so he cheated. He gets what he deserves.

TheDarkGundam
05-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Am i the only one who still likes Bonds? steroids or not, 714 is too impressive of a number to be ignored, and i always will be a Bonds fan. Anyone who does AT LEAST 500/500 in his career should be given his respect.
Yes, I believe you are.

Anyway, I didn't see this posted, but they asked the guy who caught the ball if he was a Bonds fan:
"No, I don't really like him."
To which Bonds replied (at the press conference):
"If he doesn't like me tell him to give me the ball."

PushnThaEscalade
05-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Sure but that wasn't good enough for him so he cheated. He gets what he deserves.

A one-way ticket to Cooperstown.

RadioheadRocks
05-20-2006, 11:06 PM

AMEN!!! Bottom line, Bonds is and always will be an arrogant son of a bitch and a straight-out cheat; above all else he brought all of it on himself.

You do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts;
You do it to yourself, just you, you and no one else...

And to further quote the immortal one himself: "DID I ****ING STUTTER???!!!"

beckett21
05-20-2006, 11:28 PM

Hopefully not.

If there is any justice in the world, he will find himself in a self-induced purgatory a'la Pete Rose.

A lifetime ban isn't long enough for this piece of garbage.

Chips
05-20-2006, 11:37 PM

Ty Cobb pitched 5 innings of baseball over 3 games during his career. He has a 3.60 ERA.

That doesn't really count though, does it.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2006, 10:18 AM
I agree. Bonds can have a spot in Cooperstown right next to Pete Rose, standing across the street from the Hall of Fame selling memorabilia to the Totally Ignorant.

Line forms at the right, big guy. Bring your wallet, too.

chaerulez
05-21-2006, 10:23 AM

I believe that comment pretty much contradicts itself. The 714 came because of steroids. The only reason it's "impressive" is because he juiced himself up to get where he was. Anyone who CHEATS in his career should not be given any respect.

Chips
05-21-2006, 10:36 AM
I believe that comment pretty much contradicts itself. The 714 came because of steroids. The only reason it's "impressive" is because he juiced himself up to get where he was. Anyone who CHEATS in his career should not be given any respect.
But it wasn't cheating until 2003.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2006, 10:37 AM
But it wasn't cheating until 2003.

No, it was just against the law.

Next.

Jjav829
05-21-2006, 10:43 AM

Sadly, no. There are a lot of other brainless people out there.

voodoochile
05-21-2006, 10:54 AM

It's a damned shame. He actually was a HOF candidate before he decided to let his ego get in the way. But, Bonds is an idiot, a classless jerk, a classic big-headed wannabe. He didn't have to be that way. He chose to be that way. He chose to chase numbers by cheating instead of letting his natural ability (already evident and abundant) do the talking. He could have been Frank and Griffey Jr. Instead he chose to be ShamME*.

Rooting for Bonds is rooting for McGwire and Palmeiro and ShamME*. It's rooting for the game we love to be forever changed. It's rooting for making Aaron and Ruth irrelevent. It's rooting for 1000 HR as artificially pumped up players vie to see who can hit the ball farthest. It's rooting for robots to play the game. It's definitely not rooting for baseball...

RKMeibalane
05-21-2006, 12:16 PM
I have no idea how many dingers Barroids winds up with, but I guarantee how ever many he hits will have a giant asterisks next to it. MLB will not give him the homerun record -- or even the #2 position behind Aaron. That's the job ex-Senator John Mitchell was hired for... tearing baseball a new ******* and "cleaning up the game" by taking a giant **** on all the steroid cheaters. Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa are probably in for trouble, too. A*S*T*E*R*I*S*K*S.

Game of Shadows has sealed Barroid's fate. MLB simply can't sweep his grand jury admission under the carpet anymore. The smartest move he could make is simply leave the game... for himself as well as the rest of the steroids cheats.

:nandrolone
"I was smart enough to get lost. Why can't Barry be smart like me?"

http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/MM_MaY_2.15.jpg
"Don't you dare ask me about the past!"

McGwire looks like the cowardly lion from Wizard of Oz in that picture.

PushnThaEscalade
05-21-2006, 12:38 PM
It's a damned shame. He actually was a HOF candidate before he decided to let his ego get in the way. But, Bonds is an idiot, a classless jerk, a classic big-headed wannabe. He didn't have to be that way. He chose to be that way. He chose to chase numbers by cheating instead of letting his natural ability (already evident and abundant) do the talking. He could have been Frank and Griffey Jr. Instead he chose to be ShamME*.

Rooting for Bonds is rooting for McGwire and Palmeiro and ShamME*. It's rooting for the game we love to be forever changed. It's rooting for making Aaron and Ruth irrelevent. It's rooting for 1000 HR as artificially pumped up players vie to see who can hit the ball farthest. It's rooting for robots to play the game. It's definitely not rooting for baseball...

If Bonds did cheat, IMO he did it unknowingly. As for being an idiot and classless, i think in public, yes he is, but will we see the real Barry Bonds that his inner circle sees? I doubt it. Steroids i do believe do help, but not as much to add on roughly 200+ homers to your career. Certain attributes and skills are needed to hit a home run at any level, let alone 200+ on the highest level of play.

voodoochile
05-21-2006, 12:44 PM
If Bonds did cheat, IMO he did it unknowingly. As for being an idiot and classless, i think in public, yes he is, but will we see the real Barry Bonds that his inner circle sees? I doubt it. Steroids i do believe do help, but not as much to add on roughly 200+ homers to your career. Certain attributes and skills are needed to hit a home run at any level, let alone 200+ on the highest level of play.
You really believe that he believes that the cream and the clear were flaxseed oil?

Wow...

Hey, I happen to have this great piece of property. It's an amazing bridge. It spans this long body of water and it connects Manhattan to a borough known as Brooklyn. You can have it cheap because I got debts I have to pay immediately and cannot wait for the toll money to come my way. You should buy it, it will pay for itself in tolls inside of a few years. Then you are living large and sitting pretty. Let's say $10K and it's yours...

Edit: No none of us see the inner circle stuff including you. So you can take what you see in public and surmise that behind closed doors he is a great guy if you want to, but that seems poor logic to me. Most people are worse when the cameras and the lights aren't shining on them. Even if he is a great guy to his friends and loved ones (and the record seems to imply that is completely false) it matters little when he treats the little people who happen to be in his circle of the world so horribly.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-21-2006, 12:53 PM
You really believe that he believes that the cream and the clear were flaxseed oil?
It doesn't matter what Barry did or didn't know about the steroids. HE ADMITS HE TOOK STEROIDS. He told the grand jury he did.

He hit the dingers on steroids. The record was fueled by steroids. Barry doesn't dispute it. Barry's alibi means ****. There is juice in his veins. Barry admits it. How many times must we repeat it for the ignorant?

Now Barroids faces perjury charges for making up an alibi that only the most ignorant ever believed in the first place. He came clean about juicing only when dragged before a grand jury and threatened with jail time for lying. And this ******* STILL managed to **** up in front of the grand jury if only so the TRULY IGNORANT would believe his lie about flaxseed oil!

Boy, the level of denial by some fans perfectly matches Barroids'.

rookiewhitesox
05-21-2006, 12:54 PM
i dont care about bary bond

Chips
05-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Hey, I happen to have this great piece of property. It's an amazing bridge. It spans this long body of water and it connects Manhattan to a borough known as Brooklyn. You can have it cheap because I got debts I have to pay immediately and cannot wait for the toll money to come my way. You should buy it, it will pay for itself in tolls inside of a few years. Then you are living large and sitting pretty. Let's say $10K and it's yours...

And if you'll buy that, I got some oceanfront property in Arizona.

Trav
05-21-2006, 04:49 PM
[quote=PaleHoseGeorge]It doesn't matter what Barry did or didn't know about the steroids. HE ADMITS HE TOOK STEROIDS. He told the grand jury he did.
quote]

It is amazing how many people overlook this tiny fact. Even more amazing is how Gary Shefield was let off the hook by EVERYONE. Instead, they decide to talk about how much restraint he has for 'only' swinging once at a fan.

Fenway
05-22-2006, 10:39 AM
friend in Oakland took this with his Trio650

NY Post wins the headline award

http://www.nypost.com/img/front052106.gif (http://www.nypost.com/seven/05212006/news/news.htm)

SOXPHILE
05-22-2006, 11:38 AM

Every home run he has hit since 1999 is in question. What you see, (him hitting 714 )- is phony, false, contrived B.S. It shouldn't mean a damn thing. He cheated. He's attained these numbers by cheating. By your argument, Rosie Ruiz winning the Boston Marathon was still pretty impressive. I mean, yeah, she cheated and used subway/car for part of the race, but hey, she still finished with a pretty good time ! :rolleyes:

FarWestChicago
05-22-2006, 11:50 AM
By your argument, Rosie Ruiz winning the Boston Marathon was still pretty impressive. I mean, yeah, she cheated and used subway/car for part of the race, but hey, she still finished with a pretty good time ! :rolleyes::roflmao:

PushnThaEscalade
05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Every home run he has hit since 1999 is in question. What you see, (him hitting 714 )- is phony, false, contrived B.S. It shouldn't mean a damn thing. He cheated. He's attained these numbers by cheating. By your argument, Rosie Ruiz winning the Boston Marathon was still pretty impressive. I mean, yeah, she cheated and used subway/car for part of the race, but hey, she still finished with a pretty good time ! :rolleyes:

Judging by the grand jury testimony, he IIRC used steroids in 2002-03, i cant get the numbers off the top of my head, but if that takes away 80-100 HR's he's still at 600+. There's no telling which numbers are tainted, due to the lack of testing.

soxinem1
05-22-2006, 12:08 PM
friend in Oakland took this with his Trio650

NY Post wins the headline award

http://www.nypost.com/img/front052106.gif (http://www.nypost.com/seven/05212006/news/news.htm)

I wish BB was in NY to have a chance to break the record, it would have been the one time I could justify the New Yorkers' behavior of rudeness towards visitors. By all accounts, Babe's record was built on pancakes, women, ribs, women, booze, and women. Barry's is built on a prick being pricked by needles.

But my headline would be 'This Bond Should Be Revoked".

SOXPHILE
05-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Judging by the grand jury testimony, he IIRC used steroids in 2002-03, i cant get the numbers off the top of my head, but if that takes away 80-100 HR's he's still at 600+. There's no telling which numbers are tainted, due to the lack of testing.

You gotta take away ALOT more than 100 homeruns. He hit 73 in 2001 alone, when he was at his steroid bloated peak ! He was using the stuff before 2002. Grand jury testimony from witnesses states that he became jealous of the sham that McGuire & Sosa pulled in 1998, and after that season, began looking for ways, and using.."ahem"....certain chemicals to aid him in this venture. Bonds WAS a HOF calibur player before 1998. But, once he started cheating, sorry, everything he's done since then is garbage. It's as real as the tooth fairy. No HOF for him. Only banishment and prison. Somebody can be a great guy his whole life, give to charity, help out others. But, guess what ? He robs ONE little bank, or murders somebody, HE'S A BAD GUY ! HE GOES TO PRISON ! Bonds cheated. Say it again. Bonds cheated, and everything he's done these last 6 years or so is phony B.S. It's a charade. Remove the blinders.

longshot7
05-22-2006, 12:23 PM
No one agrees with me, so I'll make this short:

I don't care what Barry did or didn't do - in my opinion, he's still the best player of our generation, and I congratulate him for hitting 714. Hopefully he can stay healthy enough to hit 42 more.

voodoochile
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Okay, I see. He actually did know he was taking steroids, but he only took them for a couple of years. He hasn't touched them at any other time...

Denial... it's not just a river in Egypt.

You're freaking delusional...

Edit: I used to hear this crap from some of my flubbie buddies about ShamME*. No proof. No hamr. No foul. I doubt you would be defending ShamME* if he had managed to stay in the game, keep the roids flowing and break the record. From my perspective the two are the same.

palehozenychicty
05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
I wish BB was in NY to have a chance to break the record, it would have been the one time I could justify the New Yorkers' behavior of rudeness towards visitors. By all accounts, Babe's record was built on pancakes, women, ribs, women, booze, and women. Barry's is built on a prick being pricked by needles.

But my headline would be 'This Bond Should Be Revoked".

It could happen, as the Giants roll into Shea next weekend to meet Pedro and the metropolitans.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Kimberly Bell testified that Barroids started juicing in 1999 with steroids he obtained through Greg Anderson. Having gotten injured in 1999 (from the juice) Anderson switched Barroids to the Cream and the Clear. That was before the 2000 season. This is all in the grand jury record.

Note that neither Barroids or his lawyer have disputed any of these facts as documented and revealed in Game of Shadows.

Barroids is a cornered rat.

FarWestChicago
05-22-2006, 01:16 PM

I don't care what Barry did or didn't do - in my opinion, he's still the best player of our generation, and I congratulate him for hitting 714. Hopefully he can stay healthy enough to hit 42 more.Thank you for once again living up to the quote in your signature. :D:

longshot7
05-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Thank you for once again living up to the quote in your signature. :D:

Anytime.

:cool:

PennStater98r
05-22-2006, 05:49 PM

I don't think Todd McFarlane has written enough issues of Spawn nor release enough collectable baseball minis to afford the amount of money it would take Barry to buy that clue.

PennStater98r
05-22-2006, 05:53 PM

I don't care what Barry did or didn't do - in my opinion, he's still the best player of our generation, and I congratulate him for hitting 714. Hopefully he can stay healthy enough to hit 42 more.

First of all, I think that there are some WSIers that are part of the Hank Aaron generation - you might have heard of him.

I have to admit that Roger Clemens also pops into my mind - and I think a couple of guys named Pujols and A-Rod might have something to day about 715 or 756 for that matter.

longshot7
05-23-2006, 01:01 PM
First of all, I think that there are some WSIers that are part of the Hank Aaron generation - you might have heard of him.

I have to admit that Roger Clemens also pops into my mind - and I think a couple of guys named Pujols and A-Rod might have something to day about 715 or 756 for that matter.

I hear you, but I'd still take Barry over any of those guys.

RadioheadRocks
05-23-2006, 07:16 PM
I hear you, but I'd still take Barry over any of those guys.

I'd take BARRY MANILOW before taking BARRY BONDS.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I'd take BARRY MANILOW before taking BARRY BONDS.

Actually I think Manilow might be younger than Grandpa Barroids.

Who says the nation's youth doesn't have role models?

:roflmao:

sdman11890
05-24-2006, 04:26 PM

:bandance::bandance::bandance:The best quote ever.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

ode to veeck
05-25-2006, 12:26 AM

714*

more like this:

714*

TheKittle
05-25-2006, 12:35 AM

Funny you mention Clemens. Interesting how his body has changed since the mid 80's. Yeah I really believe his workout routine is the only reason why.

Trav
05-25-2006, 12:36 AM
more like this:

714*

Does anyone know the steps that MLB would have to take to have this done. Officially. I know that when Roger hit 61 someone wanted to * it because of the length of the season but I don't think it went through.

voodoochile
05-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know the steps that MLB would have to take to have this done. Officially. I know that when Roger hit 61 someone wanted to * it because of the length of the season but I don't think it went through.

No, it went through. It only got repealed a few years ago.

All they have to do is add it. I am sure Barry would sue and the owners would be able to use his own testimony against him.

This is probably why the owners won't star the feat. They'd bring more attention to the steroid scandal and they just want it to go away...

Trav
05-25-2006, 11:01 AM
No, it went through. It only got repealed a few years ago.

All they have to do is add it. I am sure Barry would sue and the owners would be able to use his own testimony against him.

This is probably why the owners won't star the feat. They'd bring more attention to the steroid scandal and they just want it to go away...

Thanks.

itsnotrequired
05-28-2006, 04:17 PM
...and there's 715.