I just voted the obvious--barrett way out of line

MrRoboto83
05-20-2006, 04:11 PM

agree

chisoxfanatic
05-20-2006, 04:12 PM

Yep! You've gotta love AJ Pierzynski tho!!!

jongarlandlover
05-20-2006, 04:12 PM

yep. WAY out of line.

LuvSox
05-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Barrett's actions were unacceptable. What a ****ing cry baby. Your team blows. Deal with it.

mike squires
05-20-2006, 04:33 PM
As with most things I can see both sides of the story. I like AJ's emotions but if I was a Cub or god forbid a Cub fan I could see where I would be upset and want to see AJ"s ass kicked. That being said, as I mentioned, I like AJ's emotoins and Barretts shot was out of line. It was nice to see Brian and Scotty stick up for him as well. That was a nice take down by Scotty Po. That had the potential of being a 2000 Tiger brawl. If we are on the other side and get knocked over like that, I wouldn't mind seeing AJ take a shot as well. It was definately blind sided though. It appeared he was hugging AJ at first as if to say no hard feeling and then whammo. I've been sucker punched before too. IT doesn't feel good. It was out of line.

chidonez
05-20-2006, 05:00 PM
If I were a Cub fan, I'd want a gamer like AJ behind the plate. I thank god I'm not a Cub fan.

southside rocks
05-20-2006, 05:05 PM
As with most things I can see both sides of the story. I like AJ's emotions but if I was a Cub or god forbid a Cub fan I could see where I would be upset and want to see AJ"s ass kicked. That being said, as I mentioned, I like AJ's emotoins and Barretts shot was out of line. It was nice to see Brian and Scotty stick up for him as well. That was a nice take down by Scotty Po. That had the potential of being a 2000 Tiger brawl. If we are on the other side and get knocked over like that, I wouldn't mind seeing AJ take a shot as well. It was definately blind sided though. It appeared he was hugging AJ at first as if to say no hard feeling and then whammo. I've been sucker punched before too. IT doesn't feel good. It was out of line.
Want to see AJ's ass kicked for what?? Barrett was bush -- AJ did nothing wrong, and for a change, he didn't even further this one by saying anything (he says).

Steve Stone just said that he sees Barrett getting a lengthy suspension -- 7 to 10 games -- and AJ getting neither a fine nor a suspension. Bet Stone's right.

And now the Cubs will be without their first-string catcher for a week or more. Real class move, Barrett. Way to help your team.

digdagdug23
05-20-2006, 05:05 PM
It goes without saying Barrett is a punk.

That being said, I liken this to the Ron Artest/Pacers/Pistons throwdown.

You are getting paid quite a good chunk of change to act like a proffessional. You blocked the plate, there is no way AJ could know if you had the ball in your glove or not. If you are so smart, and you know you didn't have the ball in your glove, then why didn't you move out of the way? Then wrap him up in a boxer's grasp and sucker punch? Whatever. You, as a paid rep for the Cubs, are speaking volumes to the MLB audience with your actions. Whether it is a view shared by your organization or not, it irrelevant.

SweetnesSox
05-20-2006, 05:41 PM
That being said, I liken this to the Ron Artest/Pacers/Pistons throwdown.

this is NOTHING like the NBA brawl.

DickAllen72
05-20-2006, 05:47 PM
If I were a Cub fan, I'd want a gamer like AJ behind the plate. I thank god I'm not a Cub fan.

I agree with you.

When A.J. was on the Twins, I always wished he were on the Sox. I felt the same way about Torii Hunter.

When A.J. became available, I was leading the chorus of voices who wanted KW to sign him. I still laugh and shake my head in amusement when I think back and remember those who thought the Sox would be better off with Burke and Davis rather than get "that s.o.b." Pierzynski.

jongarlandlover
05-20-2006, 06:25 PM

I agree. A.J. was on FOX and he was saying how he and Barrett were friends and he thought he was going to ask if he was okay and that he (AJ) was going to ask Barrett if he was okay. And then WHAM! A.J.'s punched in the face. It's insane.

digdagdug23
05-20-2006, 06:31 PM
this is NOTHING like the NBA brawl.

In the way that you are all a bunch of grown men, being compensated extremely well, and partake in this type of event, it is very similar.

tick53
05-20-2006, 06:48 PM
"WAY out of line".:mad:

nasox
05-20-2006, 06:58 PM
In the way that you are all a bunch of grown men, being compensated extremely well, and partake in this type of event, it is very similar.

Except no ****ing fan went into the ****ing stands and kicked some ****ing fans ass. And there is no psycho like Ron Artest involved in this one. And that this isn't the biggest story in all of sports today. Or that there isn't going to be a police investigation into this. And that there won't be a season long suspension without pay in this one.

Other than that, it's just the same.:rolleyes: