PDA

View Full Version : Carl Pavano out for season?

hawkjt
05-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Evidently he will have to undergo surgery again for elbow problems and is likely out for the season.

AJ Burnett and Pavano, both marlin pitchers that Mckeon abused early in their careers appear to be the new Wood and Prior.

Again I thank our lucky stars that

1. manuel babied our youngsters early on -especially Garland
2. that burls and garland are not strictly power pitchers stressing their arms.
3. kenny has been either wise or lucky in grabbing durable tested guys like Jose,Freddy, and Javy.
4. That kenny did not trade Jose for burnett last july.

It is somewhat just luck of the draw on pitchers but I also have to credit kenny and staff for good scouting.

Meanwhile, the yanks can choke on pavano's 50 million contract.

. Go Sox.

samram
05-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Evidently he will have to undergo surgery again for elbow problems and is likely out for the season.

AJ Burnett and Pavano, both marlin pitchers that Mckeon abused early in their careers appear to be the new Wood and Prior.

Actually, Pavano started with Boston and then went to Montreal in the Pedro trade before ending up in Florida. He wasn't even in the playoff rotation in 2003 for the Marlins. I think he only started game 6 of the NLCS because Penny was hurt.

Anyway, this serves the Yankees right for increasingly reckless spending. I don't wish injury on anyone, but to hell with the Yanks.

Fenway
05-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Anyway, this serves the Yankees right for increasingly reckless spending. I don't wish injury on anyone, but to hell with the Yanks.

Yanks have a lot of problems right now. Randy Johnson was given a 4 run lead right off the bat last night and promptly lost it in the first inning. Riveria not lights out. This is a tough part of the schedule right now for them, 2 more at Shea and then 3 at Fenway. But never, never count them out.