PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's game for out-of-towners?

bigdommer
05-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Does anyone how to get today's game on TV if you live out of town? I live in Baltimore, and Fox is showing the Mets/Yankees game. It doesn't look like MLB extra innings is carrying the game. Any thoughts? I asked in another thread but it got buried. Thanks.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-20-2006, 09:40 AM
You're screwed. Listen on XM or watch on your computer. MLB sold the national TV rights to Fox and everyone is at the mercy of the choice bequeathed to them by their local Fox station manager.

bigdommer
05-20-2006, 09:48 AM
You're screwed. Listen on XM or watch on your computer. MLB sold the national TV rights to Fox and everyone is at the mercy of the choice bequeathed to them by their local Fox station manager.

Thanks. I am glad I found this out now rather than scramble around this afternoon. I hate Fox and regional coverage. One of the worst ideas ever.

lumpyspun
05-20-2006, 12:07 PM
I have already emailed Fox three times this year. I emailed them about 10 times last year. Basically, I tell them that they horde all the good games. I tell them how I spend alot of money on the Extra Innings package and they take the games away from me. Then I explain to them that I don't care about the Angels/Dodgers game up here in Seattle. Then I tell them that instead of watching the Angels/Dodgers game they are showing me, I turn the TV off. I hate Fox.

sox647
05-20-2006, 01:07 PM
I have already emailed Fox three times this year. I emailed them about 10 times last year. Basically, I tell them that they horde all the good games. I tell them how I spend alot of money on the Extra Innings package and they take the games away from me. Then I explain to them that I don't care about the Angels/Dodgers game up here in Seattle. Then I tell them that instead of watching the Angels/Dodgers game they are showing me, I turn the TV off. I hate Fox.

the angels/dodgers game is not even on until 1pm pst. they can't pump those stupid cartoons for the world champs? SCREW FOX!:angry:

chopperjc
05-20-2006, 01:16 PM
it just makes me sad :whiner:

Deebs14
05-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I get the pleasure of listening to ****ing Joe Buck today as well. :rolleyes:

Fox blows.

NDSox12
05-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I get the pleasure of listening to ****ing Joe Buck today as well. :rolleyes:

Fox blows.

Same here... well, not really since I have the TV muted and am listening to Farmer and Singleton on the Internet radio broadcast.

patbooyah
05-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Does anyone how to get today's game on TV if you live out of town? I live in Baltimore, and Fox is showing the Mets/Yankees game. It doesn't look like MLB extra innings is carrying the game. Any thoughts? I asked in another thread but it got buried. Thanks.

no better time to join the sox pride crew. 10 bucks gets you a season of gameday audio, and access to "special" tickets for one game of your choosing during the year. oh yeah, and a handy dandy black card.

lumpyspun
05-20-2006, 01:30 PM
no better time to join the sox pride crew. 10 bucks gets you a season of gameday audio, and access to "special" tickets for one game of your choosing during the year. oh yeah, and a handy dandy black card.

Yea, I have audio...but, I just don't get the same enjoyment when I'm just sitting in front of my computer listening to a game that should be on my TV. Especially when, as sox647 said earlier, the game is on and there are god awful cartoons being played on the west coast instead.

chuckn98229
05-20-2006, 01:45 PM
In the same boat out here in Bellingham. I have mlb extra innings and today's game is not shown (Fox exclusive). Of course, the nattering nincompoops in Seattle would not even consider showing a midwest baseball game instead of their usual Saturday morning drivel. I just subscribed to mlb audio so I can at least listen to the game.