PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro

TheKittle
05-20-2006, 06:03 AM
Just watching top plays for 5-19 and that throw by Ichrio to get Barfield at the plate is to be expected, I mean it's not the first time he's done that. This maybe the first time the Padres have played against Ichiro and the M's but damn they get ESPN in SD. Why run on Ichiro?

anewman35
05-20-2006, 07:41 AM
This maybe the first time the Padres have played against Ichiro and the M's but damn they get ESPN in SD. Why run on Ichiro?

I'm pretty sure San Diego and Seattle play every year. For whatever reason, they're set up as a "natural rivalery", which means they play 6 games every year. I guess it must be because the other teams in their divisions mostly have natural rivals, so they're just the left overs.

goofymsfan
05-20-2006, 09:02 AM
I'm pretty sure San Diego and Seattle play every year. For whatever reason, they're set up as a "natural rivalery", which means they play 6 games every year. I guess it must be because the other teams in their divisions mostly have natural rivals, so they're just the left overs.

San Diego dang well better know about Ichiro, they share a Spring Training Complex and play numerous games against each other during ST and as mentioned above, they are considered our "natural rival." Watching that play live was incredible. I couldn't believe Barfield tried to score on that. You could see Ichiro was going to let one fly after he caught the ball and would have the momentum on his side. Ichiro has a very accurate arm and this is the third time this year that he and Kenji have connected to throw someone out at the plate. Kenji took one heck of a hit but held tight onto the ball. I was in AWE of the play.

chaerulez
05-20-2006, 09:17 AM
It's also a "natural rivarly" because some natives of both cities consider them sister cities. (Actually I think it's more of San Diego trying to emulate Seattle, but I could be wrong... I just remember something along these lines when I lived in Seattle for four years).

lumpyspun
05-20-2006, 10:55 AM
I was at the game too...that play was pretty sick, especially since the M's were up 3-2 at the time and that would have tied it.

TheKittle
05-20-2006, 03:02 PM

That was a sarcastic remark. Again surprised anybody would run against Ichiro.

Mr. White Sox
05-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Going a bit off-topic:
Who has the strongest OF arm in the game? Ichiro has to be up there, but I'll never forget the play that Vlad Guerrero made in Montreal. A ball was crushed to the corner, he ran and threw it literally from the corner of the stadium to the catcher to get the guy at home. It was either a one-hop or a strike, I can't remember. One of the craziest throws I've ever seen.

goofymsfan
05-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Going a bit off-topic:
Who has the strongest OF arm in the game? Ichiro has to be up there, but I'll never forget the play that Vlad Guerrero made in Montreal. A ball was crushed to the corner, he ran and threw it literally from the corner of the stadium to the catcher to get the guy at home. It was either a one-hop or a strike, I can't remember. One of the craziest throws I've ever seen.

Vlad may have a strong arm, but Ichiro's is more accurate. Plus this last example of Ichiro's ability to throw out a player from the outfield is not the first. I remember the first time someone tried to run on Ichiro and he threw a laser beam from the outfield to nail the runner at third base. Then a couple of weeks later someone tried to run on him twice and was thrown out both times.