PDA

View Full Version : Quote of The Day 5-20

Lip Man 1
05-20-2006, 01:11 AM
"It is what it is. That's what I came to deal with over there. The Cubs' fans don't care much about winning or losing—or anything else; they're more about going to Wrigley Field and drinking beer. That's what it's about—and going to the Cubby Bear when the game's over. … It's more about the experience, about being at Wrigley Field." -- Aaron Rowand to The Sporting News' Tony Bruno.

Lip

LuvSox
05-20-2006, 01:20 AM
In the May 2006 issue of Stating The Obvious magazine

ode to veeck
05-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Still love that Aaron ... hope he's back for the Phils soon

Mr. White Sox
05-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Filling out the rest (from a chicagosports.com article):
"It is what it is. That's what I came to deal with over there," Rowand said. "The Cubs' fans don't care much about winning or losing—or anything else; they're more about going to Wrigley Field and drinking beer. That's what it's about—and going to the Cubby Bear when the game's over. … It's more about the experience, about being at Wrigley Field. I can understand that; there's a tradition behind that. … Cubs fans don't … take it as hard as White Sox fans do when they lose or when the team's bad. When the team's bad, people stop going to White Sox games. When the team's bad in Chicago, on the North Side, the fans still go. We get booed at home in Chicago when we're bad. I can't ever remember being at a game at Wrigley, even games when we've done well against the Cubs, I never heard [Cubs fans] boo their own team."

sullythered
05-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I can't ever remember being at a game at Wrigley, even games when we've done well against the Cubs, I never heard [Cubs fans] boo their own team."
...unless you're black.

PKalltheway
05-21-2006, 11:51 PM
I can't ever remember being at a game at Wrigley, even games when we've done well against the Cubs, I never heard [Cubs fans] boo their own team."
They're too scared to boo after Lee Elia cussed them out. :D: