PDA

View Full Version : any incidents today?

soxwon
05-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Dumb cub fans or sox fans starting trouble?

oeo
05-19-2006, 10:17 PM

Maddux got slaughtered. :D:

pagansoxfan
05-19-2006, 10:21 PM
in the restroom after ther game, a drunken punk flub fan who was @ most, 5"7 got in my face after i told a group of fellow sox fans a joke. i hope the moron starterd someting with someone who is not as restrained as me. pretty sad that ppl think they are "tough" after a few beers.moron!

whitesoxwilkes
05-19-2006, 10:24 PM
It was all pretty good natured in my experience. Lots of ring finger type stuff and "you're awful quiet" after the first inning...no hostilities to report in sec 128.

RadioheadRocks
05-19-2006, 10:26 PM
How did they enjoy the pregame and the introductions?

SOecks
05-19-2006, 10:33 PM
It was insanely quiet and tame. Cub fans pretty much just sat there with their tail between their legs and kept their mouths shut. The Sox fans did the same for the most part and didn't seem to talk much smack or anything at all. It was VERY STRANGE and different than I thought it would be. Even less crap talking than a KC or Detroit game. It was also weird that most people with NO TEAM stuff on at all were usually the Cub fans as if they were going there in hiding. Just weird, but a great time nontheless.

VA_GoGoSox
05-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Apparently there was one:

according to Pierzynski, causing one fan to challenge him to a fight in the bullpen before the game and leading to a very early ejection.

If you had to pick a guy to fight, I don't think you would want to pick AJ. The guy must have had a death wish (or 10-15 beers in the parking lot).:smile:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060519&content_id=1461394&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

soxwon
05-19-2006, 11:09 PM
It was insanely quiet and tame. Cub fans pretty much just sat there with their tail between their legs and kept their mouths shut. The Sox fans did the same for the most part and didn't seem to talk much smack or anything at all. It was VERY STRANGE and different than I thought it would be. Even less crap talking than a KC or Detroit game. It was also weird that most people with NO TEAM stuff on at all were usually the Cub fans as if they were going there in hiding. Just weird, but a great time nontheless.

i found most cub fans at work- think the sox would kick their butts
i think they realise they suck and we are champs.
it is strange.

TheOldRoman
05-20-2006, 02:42 AM
I sat in the upperdeck behind homeplate. Right from the opening intros I knew there were A LOT less Cubs fans than in previous years. The Cubs fans around me were very loud during the first inning (or at least the top of the first). When the Sox got out of the top of the first, the crowd cheered. A stooge behind me yelled "Why are you morons cheering? Look at the scoreboard." The Sox tied it in the bottom of the first, and I didn't hear that guy yelling for the rest of the game.

It was a well behaved crowd from what I saw. My girlfriend and I had signs, but they were not over-the-top mean, and had no expletives. Lots of compliments from Sox fans, and even laughs from Cubs fans. All in all, it was a good experience. The number of altercations is directly proportional to the number of Cubs fans in attendance.

Cat Thief
05-20-2006, 02:44 AM
Very quiet in the bleachers. It was sort of eerie. (sp)

soxfan13
05-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Saw nothing bad at all just good natured ribbing going on back and forth

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-20-2006, 06:31 AM
I sat in the upperdeck behind homeplate. Right from the opening intros I knew there were A LOT less Cubs fans than in previous years. The Cubs fans around me were very loud during the first inning (or at least the top of the first). When the Sox got out of the top of the first, the crowd cheered. A stooge behind me yelled "Why are you morons cheering? Look at the scoreboard." The Sox tied it in the bottom of the first, and I didn't hear that guy yelling for the rest of the game.

It was a well behaved crowd from what I saw. My girlfriend and I had signs, but they were not over-the-top mean, and had no expletives. Lots of compliments from Sox fans, and even laughs from Cubs fans. All in all, it was a good experience. The number of altercations is directly proportional to the number of Cubs fans in attendance.

I guess then the tables will turn and Sox fans will be prey when the series moves to Wrigley. Whatever happens there will be slanted as a Sox fans' fault - just imagine if Trixiegate happens during THAT series. The spin will be out of control.

kevin57
05-20-2006, 02:39 PM
It may have seemed quieter at the Cell, but over the radio the crowd sounded really into it.

I wouldn't have expected many 'incidents' and I don't expect many when things move to Wrigley. What are Cub fans going to boast about? There's not a single aspect of the game where they're excelling. Why do Sox fans need to boast? We're #1.

It would sort of be like citizens from the USA and Bangladesh getting into an argument over which country is the best. (Not a political post!)

Hitmen77
05-20-2006, 03:06 PM

Yes. Some clown in a Cubs jersey started throwing sucker punches. His name was Michael Barret.

IlliniSox4Life
05-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Apparently there was one:

If you had to pick a guy to fight, I don't think you would want to pick AJ. The guy must have had a death wish (or 10-15 beers in the parking lot).:smile:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060519&content_id=1461394&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Too bad Michael Barrett didn't read this last night.

RadioheadRocks
05-20-2006, 03:47 PM
A.J.'s the BIG train!!! :D:

digdagdug23
05-20-2006, 05:22 PM
That light at the end of a tunnel, sometimes it's a train, and it's name is AJ. Get off the tracks...........

Yesterday's game, pretty mild in sec 151, except for one guy 2 rows down, a little obnoxious, but pretty harmless. As the Cubs fans began filtering out in the 5th and 6th, he would kind of mock them and ask them where they were going.

But, we left the game and headed over to Grandstand to get some trinkets. (We live in Iowa, and NO ONE sells WS stuff, apparently we all love the Flubs, Red Sox, and Yank-mes) but I digress. We waited outside the store for 1/2 hour, the line was around the building. We finally got in, and selected our purchases and were checking out. As we did, my daughter (15 years old) and myself (39 years old, female) were harrassed by three large men in the "3 disasters in Chicago" t-shirts. They started grilling us about being band-wagonners, not true fans, blah, blah, blah. I told them I went to my first game at 3 years of age, and my daughter was 8 when she went to hers. We get here as often as possible, but can not get gear in Iowa. They coferred with each other, called us liars, and we walked out. As we walked out, I told the manager what had happened, the clerks did nothing, and we left. I have no idea what happened to them, if anything. It was a terrible experience.

Viva Medias B's
05-20-2006, 07:36 PM
That light at the end of a tunnel, sometimes it's a train, and it's name is AJ. Get off the tracks...........

Yesterday's game, pretty mild in sec 151, except for one guy 2 rows down, a little obnoxious, but pretty harmless. As the Cubs fans began filtering out in the 5th and 6th, he would kind of mock them and ask them where they were going.

But, we left the game and headed over to Grandstand to get some trinkets. (We live in Iowa, and NO ONE sells WS stuff, apparently we all love the Flubs, Red Sox, and Yank-mes) but I digress. We waited outside the store for 1/2 hour, the line was around the building. We finally got in, and selected our purchases and were checking out. As we did, my daughter (15 years old) and myself (39 years old, female) were harrassed by three large men in the "3 disasters in Chicago" t-shirts. They started grilling us about being band-wagonners, not true fans, blah, blah, blah. I told them I went to my first game at 3 years of age, and my daughter was 8 when she went to hers. We get here as often as possible, but can not get gear in Iowa. They coferred with each other, called us liars, and we walked out. As we walked out, I told the manager what had happened, the clerks did nothing, and we left. I have no idea what happened to them, if anything. It was a terrible experience.

You should have gone to the armed Grandstand security people and told them.