PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Gene Honda??????

sox230
05-19-2006, 04:56 PM
:?: :?: Seems as though he left in the middle of the game. Hope everything is okay.

bennyw41
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
:?: :?: Seems as though he left in the middle of the game. Hope everything is okay.

I hope so, I just named my car after him. Gene (the) Honda.

CPditka
05-19-2006, 07:37 PM
I asked the same thing. Who was that that took over?

UofCSoxFan
05-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Sounded like Singleton...but not sure.

dickallen15
05-19-2006, 08:08 PM
It was Tom Shaer. Since he's the dope that does the games when Honda is doing the Final Four, it probably was planned.

chisoxmike
05-19-2006, 11:07 PM
I was pissed when I heard Shaer. At first I thought they were doing that stupid kids announce for a inning thing. Shaer blows at the PA. He did the ring ceremony this year and dropped the ball on that one. He also does them when Honda goes the final four and national championship game. I wonder what happened with Honda.

Viva Medias B's
05-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Is WTTW doing another pledge drive that Gene had to go to?

SouthSide_HitMen
05-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Gene Honda will be working night games only. The club will go with a speak and spell computer voice generated PA system for all remaining day games.

http://www.retro-electro.co.uk/HANDHELD/speak&spellbig.jpg

M*U*S*T
R*E*P*L*A*C*E
A*L*L
H*U*M*A*N*B*E*I*N*G*S
F*R*O*M
G*A*M*E*D*A*Y
E*X*P*E*R*I*E*N*C*E

B*A*L*L*P*L*A*Y*E*R*S
A*R*E
N*E*X*T

P*U*R*E
P*R*O*F*I*T

HotelWhiteSox
05-20-2006, 01:24 AM
I was pissed when I heard Shaer. At first I thought they were doing that stupid kids announce for a inning thing. Shaer blows at the PA. He did the ring ceremony this year and dropped the ball on that one. He also does them when Honda goes the final four and national championship game. I wonder what happened with Honda.

Agreed, they gotta be able to get someone better than him, I'd even take DJ if he threw in an 'uhoh', but you know it's bad when someone mistakes him for singleton

TornLabrum
05-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Agreed, they gotta be able to get someone better than him, I'd even take DJ if he threw in an 'uhoh', but you know it's bad when someone mistakes him for singleton

http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/district/Bo_of_Ed/images/Tom%20Shaer.jpg

"Hawaiian!"

skobabe8
05-20-2006, 09:24 AM
It has been confirmed that he was there for the start of the game, correct? I didnt notice it was Shaer until later in the game. With Rooney being lost I get nervous over a guy like Honda who is obviously great and probably sought after by other organizations.

AWhiteSoxWinner
05-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Gene Honda is the best in baseball and Tom Shaer may be the worst.

dickallen15
05-20-2006, 06:35 PM

Ironically, DJ has consulted with Shaer concerning his broadcasting, and Shaer has helped him.

TornLabrum
05-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Ironically, DJ has consulted with Shaer concerning his broadcasting, and Shaer has helped him.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/team/broadcasters/darrin_jackson.jpg

"Hawaiian!"