PDA

View Full Version : Who are your OF?

Soxheads
02-01-2002, 07:03 PM
Vote for the three outfielders you want to start opening day.

danman31
02-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Can we have a trade C Lee option?

Daver
02-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Vote for the three outfielders you want to start opening day.

You forgot to put LTP in there.

RichH55
02-02-2002, 03:13 AM
Magglio, Lofton, Lee........Let Rowand get Triple A time unless you plan on getting him a decent amount of major league at bats

Soxheads
02-02-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Magglio, Lofton, Lee........Let Rowand get Triple A time unless you plan on getting him a decent amount of major league at bats

:KW " It always makes me feel good to see a logjam at a position. I don't know why, but it does."

AsInWreck
02-02-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Until when? This year lofton/next year borchard-- I say let him play as 4th OF- he already has enough minor league experience and he should still get plenty of time/there's a good chance of lofton not playing more than 100 games/he'll get time when lee,maggs, frank or konerko need a day off(with frank off - lee at dh--w/ konerko off thomas plays 1st and lee at dh--w/ rowand in left- i still see rowand w/ 350-400 ABs this year

AsInWreck
02-02-2002, 01:17 PM

:KW " It always makes me feel good to see a logjam at a position. I don't know why, but it does."

I love it when you talk dirty

Iguana775
02-02-2002, 02:02 PM
rowand better be at least teh 4th OFer. i dont know if we really need more than that unless someone gets hurt. the OF should be Lee, Lofton, Maggs and rowand. period. rowand then can get time in all positions to give the regulars a break.

danman31
02-02-2002, 03:08 PM
Logjams aren't bad, look at the Yankees. Logjams are only bad when you have weak spots in other areas in your lineup like the White Sox.

Soxheads
02-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck

Until when? This year lofton/next year borchard-- I say let him play as 4th OF- he already has enough minor league experience and he should still get plenty of time/there's a good chance of lofton not playing more than 100 games/he'll get time when lee,maggs, frank or konerko need a day off(with frank off - lee at dh--w/ konerko off thomas plays 1st and lee at dh--w/ rowand in left- i still see rowand w/ 350-400 ABs this year

Just on Opening Day. And I realize I left LTP off.

RichH55
02-03-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by AsInWreck

Until an injury or a reason for Rowand to string some games together...........Simmons is out of options and does the things you want out of a 4th OF better than Rowand.........Rowand isnt getting any better sitting on the bench in Chicago(which is generally what the 4th OF does).......and dont forget Liefer in your scenario as he is due a pretty good amount of at-bats and some spot starts with his hitting potential..........I do think Rowand is our future at 4th OF, but not now..........Simmons fills the role better for a team expected to win a division........How many games has Mags missed due to injury last year, or Paulie? Or Lee? Frank...yes, but usually he is generally healthy(especially to DH).......there wont be that many at-bats for Rowand in Chicago, so why not let him play in Triple A? I dont think Rowand is the answer to the long-term question(LTP is), so why burn yourself out trying to get him in there and disrupt the lineup(essentially thats what you are doing if you have to sit Mags or Frank every 5th day) when you can get more defense and base-running out of Simmons anyway?