PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling question

Iwritecode
05-19-2006, 05:08 PM
As we all know, this weekend marks the start of inter-leauge play for the year. Looking around the majors, this is where all the "natural" rivalries happen. Sox/Cubs, Yankees/Mets, Dodgers/Angels, Rangers/Astros, etc...

Don't the Indians usually play the Reds? Why are they playing the Pirates instead?

Lip Man 1
05-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Good question they usually do, 'the battle of Ohio...' Keith Olbermann asked that same question today on The Dan Patrick Show.

Lip

dcb56
05-19-2006, 07:37 PM
As we all know, this weekend marks the start of inter-leauge play for the year. Looking around the majors, this is where all the "natural" rivalries happen. Sox/Cubs, Yankees/Mets, Dodgers/Angels, Rangers/Astros, etc...

Don't the Indians usually play the Reds? Why are they playing the Pirates instead?

My guess would be because the AL Central is playing the NL Central this year, giving the schedule makers more flexibility for when these "natural" rivalries will be played. The Reds and Indians are still going to play two series against each other, just a bit later on in June.

Tragg
05-19-2006, 09:31 PM
If I were in the NL central, I wouldn't be real happy about the Cards getting a double series against the Royals.

Brian26
05-19-2006, 10:47 PM
If I were in the NL central, I wouldn't be real happy about the Cards getting a double series against the Royals.

I'm in the AL Central, and I think it's hilarious. Go Cards.

FarWestChicago
05-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Interleague play must stop. It's a complete abortion. If you don't think so, please petition your parents to supply the brain you were missing at birth.