PDA

View Full Version : Is the house really crumbling down ?

White Sox Randy
05-19-2006, 01:22 PM
It seems like now the White Sox should be blowing away the cubs in coverage.

They are clearly superior and have been and will be in the foreseeable future.

They have been superior in 39 of the last 56 years, 19 of the last 27 and 12 of the last 17. They just won the World frickin Series and will be in the post season again while the cubs will not again.

The stadium is looking awesome and getting more respect nationally and from cub fans.We are drawing lots more fans to the park and tickets are harder to get.

The Tribune is coming under attack for it's biased coverage and the cubs are in chaos.

THEN WHY IS EVERYONE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE CUBS ALL OVER THE RADIO AND IN THE MEDIA ?????????????

When is this going to change ?

JohnBasedowYoda
05-19-2006, 01:37 PM

As soon as the Pied Piper leads all the media rats out of town:?:

Smokey Burg
05-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Randy,
Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen, if it ever will. Right now, one of the things a person MUST do in Chicago is go to see a cubs game. Unfortunately it is one of the things to do, I didn't make the list but out of towners really want to see a game at wrigley field. Next, a tremendous amount of cubs season tickets are owned by downtown financial and law firms. They just hand out the tickets to their clients so they can get drunk in a relatively safe place. Also, as long as the chads and trixies keep on believing that the thing to do is waste their time at wrigley field, they will do it.

During the late '80s, I really enjoyed going to wrigley and sitting in the bleachers. It was a lot of fun and the cubs had decent teams that tried to win. We would have a few beers, pop some cups, make some friends and generally have a great time. The last few times I was there (97 or 98) I noticed the fan base changing from knowledgeable baseball fans to drunken upper and upper middle class jerks. I have not been back there since. It is much more enjoyable at the Cell.

soxinthecity
05-19-2006, 05:49 PM
It will happen whenever they decide to demolish that rundown wreck of a ballpark, but they won't, they the Tribune are afraid to lose the important part of the game to them, the money of course.

But I do see it happening, the Sox will be consistant and get to a series again before they ever will and young fans and teenagers who don't like to be associated with losers will began to wise up and dump their loyalty, maybe they won't jump ship to the Sox but they will jump off and find a new team to call theirs, a team and a organization that really cares about the fans and winning.

batmanZoSo
05-19-2006, 05:58 PM

When you stop giving a crap like I did long ago.

Irishsox1
05-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Some day Wrigley will come down, but something tells me that the Tribune Co won't be owing the team when that happens.

SoxFan76
05-20-2006, 12:54 AM
When you stop giving a crap like I did long ago.

Because then it will continue because nobody is doing anything about it.

polishsoxfan23
05-20-2006, 01:12 AM
i hate the cubs i think it will take two world seris wins to make this a white sox town

Nellie_Fox
05-20-2006, 01:20 AM
i hate the cubs i think it will take two world seris wins to make this a white sox townPunctuation? Capital letters?

RadioheadRocks
05-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Punctuation? Capital letters?

Not to mention spelling (seris???).