PDA

View Full Version : Shay McBride Ripping Cubs

Lip Man 1
05-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Chi McBride (Boston Public) is a guest on the Dan Patrick show and he is absolutely gutting Cub fans and Bernie Mac.

It is hilarious.

McBride is saying that 'I've never met fans as well behaved, as good looking or as well read as Cub fans think they are.'

Patrick asked him 'so do you take delight in Cub fan misery?'

McBride answered 'absolutely. I'm a Sox fan.'

Then he went off on Bernie Mac and John Cusack mentioning the Sox refused to give Cusack tickets to the World Series and that Mac is always 'professing his love' for the Cubs.

People always ask if the Sox have any celebrity-fans, apparently McBride is one.

Lip

brewcrew/chisox
05-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Just heard it myself and was wondering if there was going to be a thread on this. Pretty hillarious.:roflmao:

daveeym
05-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Chi McBride? Is he the big huge guy that also was on House last season?

Uncle_Patrick
05-19-2006, 02:01 PM

Yes

DaleJRFan
05-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Chi McBride (Boston Public) is a guest on the Dan Patrick show and he is absolutely gutting Cub fans and Bernie Mac.

It is hilarious.

McBride is saying that 'I've never met fans as well behaved, as good looking or as well read as Cub fans think they are.'

Then he went off on Bernie Mac and John Cusack mentioning the Sox refused to give Cusack tickets to the World Series and that Mac is always 'professing his love' for the Cubs.

People always ask if the Sox have any celebrity-fans, apparently McBride is one.

Lip

Awesome interview. His Mike Tyson was 100% dead-on.

Best line from his interview:

Cubs fans from the North side are the best dressed, most educated and well read group of people that they THINK they are.

Deebs14
05-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Damn I wish I would've heard this interview.

He's a-okay in my book! :thumbsup:

gobears1987
05-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I know McBride is a Sox fan. I was at a game a few years ago when they remembered Jackie Robinson. He read a poem and sung the National Anthem. He has a good voice.

RKMeibalane
05-19-2006, 04:43 PM

Yes. You might also remember him from Gone in 60 Seconds (2000).

Erik The Red
05-19-2006, 05:03 PM
He was also the principal on Boston Public.

TornLabrum
05-19-2006, 06:42 PM

It is hilarious.

Lip

That's interesting because a couple of years ago Chi McBride was at the Urinal singing the 7th inning stretch and professing his love of the Flubs to Pat and Ron.

beckett21
05-19-2006, 11:59 PM
That's interesting because a couple of years ago Chi McBride was at the Urinal singing the 7th inning stretch and professing his love of the Flubs to Pat and Ron.

Busted. :redneck

ewokpelts
05-20-2006, 01:26 PM
well...chi was an employee of fox for a while....maybe they make him say that crap

Gene