PDA

View Full Version : At the Game: Florida day 7

mike squires
05-18-2006, 10:39 PM
IUnbelievable, all I can say is unbelievable. I went in today with high hopes. As I mentioned in my last thread I got ZERO autographs. I got one tonight but that is later in the story. Someone gave my sister in law 4 tickets to tonights game. I got there just as the gates were about to open so I wasn't gonna walk to the main gate where most of the folks would be. I noticed 2 Sox fans coming acrossed the empty sidewalk and asked if they had tickets yet. They said no so I gladly gave them mine. Glad they were fellow Sox fans. The players kept to their routine for the most part. Thome, Konerko, Uribe, Garcia and Jenks all signed but not in my area. Thome went about two people down from me despite me having a cool college bobble head and I know he remembered me from last night. I was very dissapointed. Of those mentioned Jenks and Thome were of the 4 on my list. Oh well, life goes on. My brother who is currently in Korea serving time in the military gave me his ball of WS pitchers on it for to try and complete in Tampa. I waited right before the game was going to start and went down to the bullpen to get Jenks. He signed but of course I was out of luck. Desperate, I called out to Man Soo Lee and explained to him that my brother was in Korea and asked if he could give my ball to Bobby to sign. He turned, paused and said...LEAVE ME ALONE! This was very un Man Soo Lee like. After about a minute I realized what I had done. I figured he thought I was using Korea as a line to get his attention and ultimatly the autograph. I felt really bad. I sat down the line just up from the bull pen and then from the 8th and 9th I went to the first row just behind the bullpen catcher. I was feeling very confident throughout the game. I thought we had it in the bag. Even after the Ray homer I thought we would come back to win it. It just wasn't meant to be. I was SURROUNDED by Sox fans. They were everywhere. A Ray fan was in front of me, kinda the redneck type. Another lady Ray fan asked him questions and asked who all the Sox people were that were sitting behind the bullpen. He said, "I don't like them very much. They are a bunch of suck asses. Just like the guy behind me." I had to laugh out loud. I know he didn't mean any harm. But I quickly said, "Make that world champion suck asses." After the game I immediatly went up to Man Soo and explained that my brother really was in Korea and it wasn't just a line to get Bobby's autograph. I dkind of frowned as if he was thinking back. He put up his finger like, just a second...unzipped his bullpen bag and pulled out a ball and signed it for me. I shook his hand and just wanted him to know I meant no disrespect. All in all it was a fun time in Florida and although I enjoyed the games I wish the outcome could have been different.

rdwj
05-19-2006, 07:40 AM
I love paragraphs

They make reading so much easier

mike squires
05-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I love paragraphs

They make reading so much easier

What are paragraphs?