PDA

View Full Version : Willsy Quote...

whitesoxwilkes
05-18-2006, 08:42 PM
After being asked by the guy from Cheap Trick (didn't catch if it was Nielsen or Zandner in the booth with him) if he was a Cubs or Sox fan, he mentioned he used to work for the Sox, but

:willsy

"It's all about the Rays...there's no question. Playing (the Sox) is like playing your best friend in Little League. You want to beat them even harder."

skobabe8
05-18-2006, 08:45 PM
After being asked by the guy from Cheap Trick (didn't catch if it was Nielsen or Zandner in the booth with him) if he was a Cubs or Sox fan, he mentioned he used to work for the Sox, but

"It's all about the Rays...there's no question. Playing (the Sox) is like playing your best friend in Little League. You want to beat them even harder."

LOL...Wills is awesome. Earlier tonight in the 2nd or 3rd inning he was talking about Greg Walker in the early 80's and how Herm Schneider saved his life in Baltimore in 1990.

DumpJerry
05-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Don't worry, boys and girls, he has to support the people who sign his paycheck.....

MUsoxfan
05-18-2006, 10:55 PM

Nice job Bump.....way to play the politically correct angle. :wink:

SouthSide_HitMen
05-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Not only is RIOT good for calculating the White Sox' magic number (109 for a playoff birth) but also for the games left on Wills' contract (122).

http://128.32.125.151/~baseball/american_league.html

SSHM - Desperately Seeking Announcer.

mike squires
05-18-2006, 11:12 PM
LOL...Wills is awesome. Earlier tonight in the 2nd or 3rd inning he was talking about Greg Walker in the early 80's and how Herm Schneider saved his life in Baltimore in 1990.

For you folks just out of diapers and not know this story, it is partly true. Greg had a siezure right before a game against the Angels in, I want to say 88. Hermy chipped Greg's front tooth so he could keep him from choking on his toungue. We got to the park and noticed Pasqua was playing first base. I was dissapointed he was not in the line up. Then I found out why. Greg is a good guy. I told him I was a huge fan of the 83 team tonight before the game. He didn't seem to care all that much.

Steelrod
05-19-2006, 07:23 PM

"It's all about the Rays...there's no question. Playing (the Sox) is like playing your best friend in Little League. You want to beat them even harder."Save it Moishe, we don't believe you for a minute!