PDA

View Full Version : Brewers-Phillies 5/18/06

Viva Medias B's
05-18-2006, 07:35 PM
How many of you were in Milwaukee today for the Brewers' come-from-behind win over Philadelphia? I was there and so were a number of Sox fans. Originally, of course, it was to see Aaron Rowand and Carlos Lee. However, a bigger reason was to see the Brewers because I really like going to Miller Park. In fact, I was wearing my Brewers cap to blend in with the crowd and bought a retro Brewers cap today. I only wish I hadn't forgotten my walkman so that I could have listened to Bob Uecker.

It was a pretty good game with the Brew Crew comeback. I would have been nice to see El Caballo do something (he went 0 for 3 with a sac fly). Lee was called out on strikes in the first inning by none other than Dale Scott, and I thought Scott would going to eject Lee who argued the call. In the gift shop, I noticed that there are now "El Caballo" shirts. I wonder if Hawk ever copyrighted that "El Caballo" name like he tried to do with "The Big Hurt" nickname.

If you haven't been to Miller Park as of yet, make plans to go up there. It's a great ballpark with great amenities.

rookie
05-18-2006, 09:03 PM
My sister and I got tickets to go up there after school ends. A day game on a Thursday. We have tix do the .300 Club. It's our first time there. Any recommendations of things to do or see while at Miller Park?

ChiSoxRowand
05-18-2006, 10:26 PM
I was at the game tuesday. The Brewers fans do some corny stuff. When Corey Koskie comes up to the plate everybody rings there keys, and people had cardboard cutouts of a key with "kos" written on it.

MUsoxfan
05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
My sister and I got tickets to go up there after school ends. A day game on a Thursday. We have tix do the .300 Club. It's our first time there. Any recommendations of things to do or see while at Miller Park?

Do: Take advantage of $6 parking and meet people that tailgate like it's their job.

Try to listen to Uecker on the pre/post shows on 620am

Walk all around the park and look at it from every angle

Stop at the Marquette bars or the bars on Water St after the game

Don't: Get there late

Not have a good time

ilsox7
05-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Do: Take advantage of $6 parking and meet people that tailgate like it's their job.

Try to listen to Uecker on the pre/post shows on 620am

Walk all around the park and look at it from every angle

Stop at the Marquette bars or the bars on Water St after the game

Don't: Get there late

Not have a good time

Do: Schedule a massage for after the game, as the sightlines are awful and your neck will be strained.

MUsoxfan
05-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Do: Schedule a massage for after the game, as the sightlines are awful and your neck will be strained.

I've never had a bad seat there. Of course my bias and love of the Brewers may skew my judgement

ilsox7
05-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I've never had a bad seat there. Of course my bias and love of the Brewers may skew my judgement

I've honestly only been there once, for the All-Star Game. But we sat in Miller seats, a few rows up behind third base. And faced straight into right field. I figured if some of the best seats in the house that Miller owned themselves had such sightlines, that most of them did. Hopefully that's not the case.

chisoxfanatic
05-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I'll be going there sometime this summer with my aunt and uncle, who live about an hour outside of Milwaukee. Are there any attractions in the ballpark/concessions that would be recommended?

MUsoxfan
05-18-2006, 11:25 PM
I'll be going there sometime this summer with my aunt and uncle, who live about an hour outside of Milwaukee. Are there any attractions in the ballpark/concessions that would be recommended?

Eat brats and drink beer. There's a TGI Fridays in left-field that has $1 drafts after the games (as of 2005).

ilsox7
05-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Eat brats and drink beer.

You could say that about going to any place in Wisconsin. :D:

MUsoxfan
05-18-2006, 11:38 PM
You could say that about going to any place in Wisconsin. :D:

Also....if you have time and are willing to venture slightly off the beaten path, you'll find an amazing burger at Sobelman's (http://www.onmilwaukee.com/dining/articles/sobelmans.html)

Viva Medias B's
05-19-2006, 07:54 AM
There is also a Brot Haus in the parking lot beyond the left field exit. Not to far from Miller Park is the Miller Brewery which is a major tourist attraction in Milwaukee.

JoeH33
05-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I was at the game tuesday. The Brewers fans do some corny stuff. When Corey Koskie comes up to the plate everybody rings there keys, and people had cardboard cutouts of a key with "kos" written on it.
That was just the Buckethead section. Every Tuesday home game there's a section out in left field thats sponsored by our tv announcers and fans do some crazy things out there. (like wear buckets on their heads, hence the name "Buckethead Brigade) They'll also wave cut out crowns for Prince, cardboard horse heads for Carlos, and the above mentioned cardboard key with "Kos" written on it for Corey Koskie.

Its kinda goofey but its also kinda fun. Also someone's gotta get excited about a Tuesday night home game in Milwaukee. Usually those early week games are kinda dead, although the improved success is beginning to change that.

Hope you guys enjoy Miller Park, you should come out for the Cubs series' so you can join in the taunting of Cubs fans after every Brewers sweep. :D: