PDA

View Full Version : Best AL radio broadcasters?

Fenway
05-18-2006, 06:54 PM
This is kind of directed to the people with XM who have access to all the games.

What team has the best radio broadcasts?

I have to admit I really like the Indians announcer, Tom Hamilton (sic), in 10 seconds yu know exactly what shape the Tribe are in. I love the Boston guys but they have been together for 13 years so they like a warm blanket to me.

NL is a runaway, Scully and Steiner by a mile.

skobabe8
05-18-2006, 07:28 PM
I haven't hear enough this year but I'll let you know. The Indians guy has a voice that cuts through me like a cold wind on a January day. But thats just me.

Trav
05-18-2006, 07:31 PM
This is kind of directed to the people with XM who have access to all the games.

What team has the best radio broadcasts?

I have to admit I really like the Indians announcer, Tom Hamilton (sic), in 10 seconds yu know exactly what shape the Tribe are in. I love the Boston guys but they have been together for 13 years so they like a warm blanket to me.

NL is a runaway, Scully and Steiner by a mile.

Hamilton is the most confusing broadcaster in the bigs. How many games have you listened to? Over the last two years I have listened to over 30 'toons games and at least three times a game he will get wildly excited over a flyball you think is going out because he is getting so nuts. It is very annoying in a close ballgame.

I like the Royals' announcers. I can't think of their names but they are a very good team.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Ernie Harwell, John Rooney and Bill King were the three best radio announcers in the AL. I've listened to Tampa games with Dave Wills and I think he is good. I like Joe Castiglione.

The worst has to be the Yankee team sans Steiner. The Mariners and Angels announcers are 2nd and 3rd worst respectively.

I agree with the Scully (first 3 innings) & Steiner (remainder of the game) comment. I also like Bob Uecker, Marty Brennaman, Milo Hamilton and I think Pat Hughes is good and their broadcasts would be bareable if the assclown wasn't in the booth with him. I listen to many Mets games and Ed Coleman is good but not great.

PKalltheway
05-18-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm not too famaliar with the A.L. radio guys, but I can tell you that as far as the National League goes, Marty Brennaman is one of the three best in baseball, radio and TV included.

kraut83
05-19-2006, 07:28 AM
I kind of like Baltimore's team. Joe Angell (sp?) is one of my favorites.

Viva Medias B's
05-19-2006, 08:11 AM
I haven't heard too many AL guys either, but I know who is a top NL guy...

:rooney

skobabe8
05-19-2006, 08:30 AM
http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/images/team/broadcasters/dave_wills.jpg

Mickster
05-19-2006, 09:05 AM
http://www.cbn.com/imagescc/0,,702638,00.jpg

:)