PDA

View Full Version : For Hangar (stupid cub fan moment)

getonbckthr
05-18-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm watching the game today 5-1 WAS bases loaded no outs 6th inning. Cedeno hits a deep fly ball to the warning track its caught runners on 2nd and 3rd tag making it 5-2 with first and third and 1 out. Half the crowd began to boo the play. Are they serious? This guy just drove in a run, put another runner in position to score (which he did) and had a good long at bat causing the starter to be pulled. Embarressing by the fans.

Dan Mega
05-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Maybe they were booing that nobody hit him with the ball?

miker
05-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Are you saying Cub fans don't know baseball?

ws05champs
05-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm watching the game today 5-1 WAS bases loaded no outs 6th inning. Cedeno hits a deep fly ball to the warning track its caught runners on 2nd and 3rd tag making it 5-2 with first and third and 1 out. Half the crowd began to boo the play. Are they serious? This guy just drove in a run, put another runner in position to score (which he did) and had a good long at bat causing the starter to be pulled. Embarressing by the fans.

I mentioned an incident similar to this to a friend who happens to be a Cubs fan. His reply was very logical. He said that the reason Cubs fans boo or make other expressions of disappointment when a batter doesn't get a home run is that they have no confidence that their team can put together a sustained series of hits to score more runs. So no home run, no runs scored and another loss. And judging by what happened today, they actually do know their team well. :D:

SoxFan76
05-18-2006, 05:58 PM
That's why I love sox fans and Sox Park. If you move a runner over, you get applause. Another thing I remember was a game I was at. Toronto I think. Crede dives towards the line and knocks down a hard groundball. Doesn't catch it, doesn't make the play, but he saved a double. A few cheers could be heard, and before you know it the whole park is cheering for Crede. Makes you proud to be a Sox fan.

FoulTerritory
05-18-2006, 06:07 PM
That's why I love sox fans and Sox Park. If you move a runner over, you get applause. Another thing I remember was a game I was at. Toronto I think. Crede dives towards the line and knocks down a hard groundball. Doesn't catch it, doesn't make the play, but he saved a double. A few cheers could be heard, and before you know it the whole park is cheering for Crede. Makes you proud to be a Sox fan.

I was in Yankee stadium last year when Rowand made those two great catches. The Yankee fans in the right field lower deck outfield stands gave him quite an ovation after the second one. I thought that was quite classy and smart of them -- recognizing that though it hurt their team, they had witnessed a couple great baseball plays.