PDA

View Full Version : It almost happened

Paulwny
02-01-2002, 09:44 AM
If this is true KW needs to have his head examined, another pitcher with health problems.

From newsday.com:

About three weeks ago, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman arranged a trade of Orlando Hernandez. The Chicago White Sox might have been the partner. George Steinbrenner wouldn't allow the deal, however, and now it appears El Duque will begin spring training with the Yankees to serve as a safety net in case another starting pitcher gets injured

RedPinStripes
02-01-2002, 10:23 AM
:KW
I'm confused.

czalgosz
02-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
If this is true KW needs to have his head examined, another pitcher with health problems.

From newsday.com:

About three weeks ago, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman arranged a trade of Orlando Hernandez. The Chicago White Sox might have been the partner. George Steinbrenner wouldn't allow the deal, however, and now it appears El Duque will begin spring training with the Yankees to serve as a safety net in case another starting pitcher gets injured

First, I don't trust anything that Newsday says - in terms of trade rumors, it's up there with ESPN's Rumor Central.

Second, If the Sox weren't going to give up anything important and the Yankees would have been willing to pay part of his salary, it might not be a bad deal. It would totally depend on how much risk KW would be willing to take on.

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-01-2002, 02:58 PM
:KW
Right so, I give you 3 more promising young pitchers and its a done deal. Right?

czalgosz
02-01-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan

Right so, I give you 3 more promising young pitchers and its a done deal. Right?

Sean Lowe will be 31 in March (actually a few months older than Ritchie). He's past the "promising" stage.

After two complete seasons, Kip Wells has failed to meet expectations. Whether it's mental or what, I don't know, but I was getting tired of his act.

Josh Fogg is the only one of the three that I will miss - I thought that he would get Howry's job sooner or later. But I don't think anyone thought of Fogg as a top prospect.

bjmarte
02-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Sean Lowe will be 31 in March (actually a few months older than Ritchie). He's past the "promising" stage.

After two complete seasons, Kip Wells has failed to meet expectations. Whether it's mental or what, I don't know, but I was getting tired of his act.

Josh Fogg is the only one of the three that I will miss - I thought that he would get Howry's job sooner or later. But I don't think anyone thought of Fogg as a top prospect.

Hmm, this sounds familiar. I agree :smile: