PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Kittens Twinkies Game Thread 5/18

Minnie Me
05-18-2006, 01:59 PM
The chain smoking Tigers continue to beat up on the Twinkes. Sox will be out of first place since?

nsdjoe
05-18-2006, 02:00 PM
The chain smoking Tigers continue to beat up on the Twinkes. Sox will be out of first place since?

I'm still really hoping they're to 2006 what the Orioles were to 2005.

voodoochile
05-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Sometime early in the season. The Sox got off to a slow start and have not led the division all the way through. Win tonight, it erases any gains the kittens may have made. That's all that matters... Just win...

Mickster
05-18-2006, 02:03 PM

http://www.earthlydelights.co.uk/archive/gallery/galleryfiles/children%20of%20the%20bong.jpg

Minnie Me
05-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Twin just aren't the same anymore. Lu Ford leading off and playing LF. Is he the poor man's Pod?

palehozenychicty
05-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Twin just aren't the same anymore. Lu Ford leading off and playing LF. Is he the poor man's Pod?

Lew Ford is definitely a poorer man that Pods. No WS ring, no Playmate of the year as a wife. :redneck

Erik The Red
05-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Lu Ford leading off and playing LF.
Wow, I didn't know he was Chinese.

spiffie
05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Sometime early in the season. The Sox got off to a slow start and have not led the division all the way through. Win tonight, it erases any gains the kittens may have made. That's all that matters... Just win...
The start isn't exactly slow. Other than the first 5 games. As of today they are 3 games off of last year's pace and still have the best record in baseball. We're doing what we did last season, taking care of our business. Difference is last year the next best record in our division was 20-16.

Detroit is playing baseball as well as they possibly can play it. And all it has gotten them is a tie for first. Our team still has room to improve (bullpen, return of Jose from DL), whereas they can't really except through further personnel acquisitions. I think people here are kidding themselves if they see the Tigers flaming out and finishing .500. This team has too many good young arms, guys who have fought the last few years and have gotten tough in the process. They will be there in September. They will fight for the WC and they will challenge us if we give them an inch. That said, from top to bottom the Sox are still the best team in baseball, and it is our division to win or lose.

Hangar18
05-18-2006, 02:40 PM
This is what makes me mad about the games weve GIVEN AWAY so far.
We play the Twinks and can only manage to Split with them. The tiggers
are ready to SWEEP them. I dont like this.

Hitmen77
05-18-2006, 02:47 PM
This is what makes me mad about the games weve GIVEN AWAY so far.
We play the Twinks and can only manage to Split with them. The tiggers
are ready to SWEEP them. I dont like this.

The Twins are 5-15 on the road, but 12-8 at home. No surprise that the Tigers are beating them in Detroit. Remember, we swept the Twins at the Cell a few weeks ago.

palehozenychicty
05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
The Twins are 5-15 on the road, but 12-8 at home. No surprise that the Tigers are beating them in Detroit. Remember, we swept the Twins at the Cell a few weeks ago.

Convincingly, I might add.

Mickster
05-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Top 6, bases juiced and no outs for Rondell White.

HomeFish
05-18-2006, 02:52 PM

Jason Grilli walks in a run.

gobears1987
05-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm still really hoping they're to 2006 what the Orioles were to 2005.same here. The kittens won't last though. They will be in contention for the division until August. I guess they still will be in the wildcard race though. They might get it.

gobears1987
05-18-2006, 02:55 PM
The Twins are 5-15 on the road, but 12-8 at home. No surprise that the Tigers are beating them in Detroit. Remember, we swept the Twins at the Cell a few weeks ago.That shows we aren't alone in hating the g-d damned baggie dome. I swear they must have the AC units on when the Twinkies bat.

Iwritecode
05-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Actually there were 2 outs.

samram
05-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Well, the Tigers should keep winning for the next couple of weeks. After these games against the Twinks, they get the Reds, @KC for four, then Cleveland for three. However, after that they get NYY, Boston, the Sox, and Toronto for two weeks- that's their big test, like when the Sox went to NY and Cleveland during June 2000- let's see them sweep all those games.

SBSoxFan
05-18-2006, 03:07 PM
:hijacked: Top 9 in Cleveland, Kansas City 5, Cleveland 6. The Royals had the tying and lead runs in scoring position in the top of the 7th with one out, but couldn't score. Then left the tying run in scoring position in the top of the 8th. :angry::angry::angry:

palehozenychicty
05-18-2006, 03:08 PM
:hijacked: Top 9 in Cleveland, Kansas City 5, Cleveland 6. The Royals had the tying and lead runs in scoring position in the top of the 7th with one out, but couldn't score. Then left the tying run in scoring position in the top of the 8th. :angry::angry::angry:

The Jesters are just helping the Indians get well, aren't they? :angry:

SBSoxFan
05-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Make that 3 innings in a row, KC left the tying run in scoring position. :(:

palehozenychicty
05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Make that 3 innings in a row, KC left the tying run in scoring position. :(:

Toons win..6-5. :(:

SBSoxFan
05-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Twinkies still alive

edit: not anymore. Hunter flies out with tying runs on base.

Lip Man 1
05-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Peter Gammons said on the Dan Patrick Show they are the best team in baseball right now because their pitching is a half run or three quarters of a run better then anyone else in the game.

Patrick sounded surprised and asked 'do you really expect them to be the best team at the end?' Gammons said, 'perhaps not but for right now they are the best and figure to be in contention down to the end of the season. he said the lineup is deep and balanced, the infield defense is stellar and the pitching speaks for itself.'

No mention of the Sox during the part I had tuned in.

Lip

brewcrew/chisox
05-18-2006, 04:37 PM

Lip

:boston
"That's not true; I mention the Redsox during every interview!"

ondafarm
05-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Peter Gammons said on the Dan Patrick Show they are the best team in baseball right now because their pitching is a half run or three quarters of a run better then anyone else in the game.

Patrick sounded surprised and asked 'do you really expect them to be the best team at the end?' Gammons said, 'perhaps not but for right now they are the best and figure to be in contention down to the end of the season. he said the lineup is deep and balanced, the infield defense is stellar and the pitching speaks for itself.'

Lip

Peter Gammons had nothing nice to say about the White Sox.

Well, I for one, am shocked.

So, shocked I can't even find the correct color for TEAL.

Likely to get busted by the Turquoise Police.

ma-gaga
05-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Convincingly, I might add.

Not AS convincingly as the previous Detroit sweep. That one hurt.

33-1.

At least this sweep was somewhat close. The ass-kicking was only 14-7 this time thru.

:angry:

samram
05-18-2006, 05:29 PM
The Tigers are 0-3 against the Sox. They have to beat them before I see them as the favorite.

Tigerclaw
05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
The Tigers are 0-3 against the Sox. They have to beat them before I see them as the favorite.

There are 16 games left, if the Tigers can go 8-8, that will stop the sox from controlling their destiny because the rest of the division hasn't been too tough so far. If we finish 8-8 against the sox in the next 16 games that will not allow the sox to take the lead themselves, you can have the best head to head record because that will only matter if we both have playoff spots, otherwise there will be a playoff.