PDA

View Full Version : Little Help: Joe Crede

Tekijawa
05-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Anyone know how many of his Homeruns don't count this year... I was sitting at home wondering that last night and needed a little clarification. Also are there any other stats of his that I've been counting that need revision?

Thanks,
Teki

Scottiehaswheels
05-18-2006, 12:47 PM
?

kittle42
05-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Anyone know how many of his Homeruns don't count this year... I was sitting at home wondering that last night and needed a little clarification. Also are there any other stats of his that I've been counting that need revision?

Thanks,
Teki

Hmm...well, obviously, shoota needs to find a way to count additional strikeouts for Joe this year.

rdwj
05-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Just remember - there is no such thing as a clutch hitter

bayzbol44
05-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Did I miss something? Why wouldn't they count?

sullythered
05-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Did I miss something? Why wouldn't they count?
This is a reference to previous contentions on this site (by one fellow in particular) that certain circumstances negated some of Joe's statistical achievements. Now, those contentions are obviously flawed (not that they ever weren't) as Joe is dominating.

daveeym
05-18-2006, 01:14 PM

Thanks,
Teki Yes, his chick scoping bench scores should be lowered from 15 to 9. 3 of the numbers he got were bogus and 2 of the chicks were fat. The fat chicks only count if they're slumpbusters. Since Joe hasn't had the need for a slumpbuster this year, they don't count.

bayzbol44
05-18-2006, 01:16 PM
This is a reference to previous contentions on this site (by one fellow in particular) that certain circumstances negated some of Joe's statistical achievements. Now, those contentions are obviously flawed (not that they ever weren't) as Joe is dominating.

I know what you are hinting at, but where the heck is this story starting from? Say it ain't so Joe.

Tekijawa
05-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, his chick scoping bench scores should be lowered from 15 to 9. 3 of the numbers he got were bogus and 2 of the chicks were fat. The fat chicks only count if they're slumpbusters. Since Joe hasn't had the need for a slumpbuster this year, they don't count.

Honestly the whole teams been going down hill since they installed the chick scoping bench!

sullythered
05-18-2006, 01:24 PM
I know what you are hinting at, but where the heck is this story starting from? Say it ain't so Joe.

Somebody (I think from the above poster's comment, it was shoota) said that one of Joe's home runs shouldn't count because it was in a blowout, two of his RBI shouldn't count because they were in Colorado or something, and so on, and so forth...

I don't remember who, but somebody's sig on this site is the exact quote.

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Somebody (I think from the above poster's comment, it was shooter) said that one of Joe's home runs shouldn't count because it was in a blowout, two of his RBI shouldn't count because they were in Colorado or something, and so on, and so forth...

Actually his name was "shoota." Instead of being a "WSI Personality," or "Church Elder," the mods nicknamed him "Glenn Close" because of his "fatal attraction" to Crede.

Iwritecode
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Somebody (I think from the above poster's comment, it was shoota) said that one of Joe's home runs shouldn't count because it was in a blowout, two of his RBI shouldn't count because they were in Colorado or something, and so on, and so forth...

IIRC, he said some of his stats didn't count because he came into the AB in the middle of it. It was that weird game in Oakland last year where Dye ended up at firstbase and a couple of guys ended up at 3rd or short and they'd never played those positions before.

TDog
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
There was a home run that gave the Sox a lead in the 8th that the bullpen lost in the 9th. At the time, I was iffy to count it because it didn't end the game. After the Sox lost the lead, I was certain it didn't count.

Uncle_Patrick
05-18-2006, 01:41 PM

TaylorStSox has the quote in his sig. It is:

Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).

Shoota, along with WhiteSoxJosh, were the leaders of the anti-Joe Crede campaign last year. Shoota had his own "unofficial stats" or something like that where he'd charge Crede with errors that Crede was not officially charged with and would take away rbi's and such. It was entertaining for a short while.

infohawk
05-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Does Shoota still post here? I just don't recall seeing any of his posts recently.

Iwritecode
05-18-2006, 01:46 PM
TaylorStSox has the quote in his sig. It is:

Shoota, along with WhiteSoxJosh, were the leaders of the anti-Joe Crede campaign last year. Shoota had his own "unofficial stats" or something like that where he'd charge Crede with errors that Crede was not officially charged with and would take away rbi's and such. It was entertaining for a short while.

I just found the post (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=742891&postcount=39). :D:

gobears1987
05-18-2006, 01:49 PM
To the newcomers: This whole thread is a joke based on a Joe Crede basher named Shoota who has since been banned. He didn't count some of Crede's RBIs and walks for some reason.

WSox8404
05-18-2006, 01:58 PM

Thanks,
Teki

Well I counted three that didn't help us win at all so just subrtract three. I also count 9 RBI's.

Uncle_Patrick
05-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Does Shoota still post here? I just don't recall seeing any of his posts recently.

Nope. Shoota is still banned (I don't remember why). There was a Shoota II, who I think was the same person. I believe Shoota II is also banned.

skobabe8
05-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Nope. Shoota is still banned (I don't remember why). There was a Shoota II, who I think was the same person. I believe Shoota II is also banned.

I don't know how the mods ever figured out it was the same guy. :D:

rdwj
05-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I don't know how the mods ever figured out it was the same guy. :D:

Those guys are just plain good!

peeonwrigley
05-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Luckily I was contacted by shoota last night.

Shoota subscribes to IRS-style tax accounting methods of baseball statkeeping. If you are not familiar - that means certain types of losses can be carried over into future years, or carried back to previous years as necessary.

Shoota has currently carried forward a lot of strikeouts and errors from the first few years of Joe's career, so Crede's actual* numbers are not really that good. Additionally, he is convinced this is a career year and will be carrying back future season's strikeouts to make this year fit his Crede projections.

* Actual = SASCS (Shoota Adjusted Statistics of Crede Sucktitude)

bayzbol44
05-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I thought people were referring to the secret juice.

TaylorStSox
05-18-2006, 07:17 PM
:hawk
"I love Shoota!"

Uncle_Patrick
05-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Luckily I was contacted by shoota last night.

Shoota subscribes to IRS-style tax accounting methods of baseball statkeeping. If you are not familiar - that means certain types of losses can be carried over into future years, or carried back to previous years as necessary.

Shoota has currently carried forward a lot of strikeouts and errors from the first few years of Joe's career, so Crede's actual* numbers are not really that good. Additionally, he is convinced this is a career year and will be carrying back future season's strikeouts to make this year fit his Crede projections.

* Actual = SASCS (Shoota Adjusted Statistics of Crede Sucktitude)

In short, Shoota will never accept Joe Crede as a good player.