PDA

View Full Version : So... who's done the scout seats?

nedlug
05-18-2006, 01:05 AM
I just received news that I will be sitting in the scout seats for the 5.19 game against the Cubs, and I was just wondering if anyone else has had the experience. Is it worth it? When should I show up? What should I eat? What should I do in the stands? Any help would be much appreciated.

SweetnesSox
05-18-2006, 01:24 AM
I sat in the row right behind once. pretty good view.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Get M & M Guy's autograph. :redneck

Bobbo35
05-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Get M & M Guy's autograph. :redneck

That is what I was going to say, the M & M guy is a legend. He always leaves way before the game is over though.

Parrothead
05-18-2006, 06:42 AM
I just received news that I will be sitting in the scout seats for the 5.19 game against the Cubs, and I was just wondering if anyone else has had the experience. Is it worth it? When should I show up? What should I eat? What should I do in the stands? Any help would be much appreciated.

Get there early to enjoy the food and beverages in the restaraunt. I would suggest the Prime rib...Also, save some room for the chili dogs in the seats. Drinks are plentiful and strong, so watch out for the mixed drinks. I love it down there unfortunately don't get there enough. I have to settle for my outfield seats.

Steelrod
05-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Best seat in the park. Don't overeat or drink and enjoy the game.

SoxFan78
05-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Lucky you, how did you get the tix?

My gf and I won the "Upgrade your seat" promotion last year so we got to sit down there. Seats are great! Plus all the perks are good too. They have a menu you can order from and all the mixed drinks have sox themes.

I havent gone in the new scout seat resturant, but from the outside it looks very nice!

spiffie
05-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Lucky you, how did you get the tix?

My gf and I won the "Upgrade your seat" promotion last year so we got to sit down there. Seats are great! Plus all the perks are good too. They have a menu you can order from and all the mixed drinks have sox themes.

I havent gone in the new scout seat resturant, but from the outside it looks very nice!
Just as a total aside I was amused to notice that this year the Upgrade promotion doesn't give you Scout Seats, but puts you in seats just behind the Scout Seats.

Cellview22
05-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Tell the M&Ms guy to stay in his seat for at least 6 full innings. :D:

Have fun and bring home a White Sox winner!!

SOecks
05-18-2006, 10:14 AM
I have a personal request. When and if the camera is on you, don't wave like a moron while talking on your cell phone (I'm sure you wouldn't anyways though). But, if you see someone else doing it, embarass them publicly and on tv to make them stop.

WhteSox725
05-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Just as a total aside I was amused to notice that this year the Upgrade promotion doesn't give you Scout Seats, but puts you in seats just behind the Scout Seats.

How do you win the Upgrade promotion?

digdagdug23
05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
I have a personal request. When and if the camera is on you, don't wave like a moron while talking on your cell phone (I'm sure you wouldn't anyways though). But, if you see someone else doing it, embarass them publicly and on tv to make them stop.

This seriously drives me nuts. Like your friend, family, acquaintance, etc., wouldn't see you if you weren't waving. What are we now, 10?

A wave, whether it is fan participation, hand gesture, etc is no good unless you are standing at the edge of the ocean, and then it is still annoying.

:wink:

itsnotrequired
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM

Really? Well that's a bummer. Do you still get all the Scout Seat amenities (beverage service, access to the restaurant, etc.)?

infohawk
05-18-2006, 10:21 AM
I've never sat in the scout seats, but the wife purchased scout seats for me as a Christmas gift. We will be using them during one of the Astros games and one of the Indians games. I'm pretty excited, although I think her ulterior motive was just to get a little closer to Joe Crede.:rolleyes:

credefan24
05-18-2006, 10:21 AM
I have a somewhat silly question. Does the team sell Scout Seats for individual games? I wanted to treat my dad for Father's Day, but don't know how to proceede.

SoxFan78
05-18-2006, 10:22 AM
How do you win the Upgrade promotion?

I was just sitting in the upper deck and one member asked if me and my girlfriend were over 21, and then asked if we would like to go down to the Scout Seats.

skobabe8
05-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Those seats suck. I'll help you get rid of them.

spiffie
05-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Really? Well that's a bummer. Do you still get all the Scout Seat amenities (beverage service, access to the restaurant, etc.)?
Nope. A couple weeks ago, during the Royals series we were sitting down behind home plate, a few rows back of the Scout section and we saw them setting up for the promotion and they sat the folks right across the aisle from us. Not that it's anything to complain about (still get awesome seats), but I think it's a good sign that they can no longer just toss aside two seats (value about $30,000 over the course of the year) for a promotion.

SoxFan78
05-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Nope. A couple weeks ago, during the Royals series we were sitting down behind home plate, a few rows back of the Scout section and we saw them setting up for the promotion and they sat the folks right across the aisle from us. Not that it's anything to complain about (still get awesome seats), but I think it's a good sign that they can no longer just toss aside two seats (value about $30,000 over the course of the year) for a promotion.

Im not sure if they just tossed the seats aside. Im sure they made Allstate puchase the seats.

Sargeant79
05-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I've never sat there before, but I would love to at some point before the season is over. I see tickets on Stubhub sometimes...just to give me an idea of exactly how much I am being ripped off by purchasing them this way, can someone tell me how much the face value of each ticket is?

patbooyah
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I've never sat there before, but I would love to at some point before the season is over. I see tickets on Stubhub sometimes...just to give me an idea of exactly how much I am being ripped off by purchasing them this way, can someone tell me how much the face value of each ticket is?

face value is 180/ticket.

i would recommend showing up about an hour before gametime. the buffet line will have gotten smaller and it allows for plenty of time in the pre-game restaurant. often times they have white sox figureheads like minoso, melton, kittle, etc in the restaurant signing autographs.

then i'd head out to the seats about 15 minutes before gametime to watch stretches, first pitch, ozzie clowning around.

enjoy the game, but don't forget:

1. in the tunnel there is free ice cream/peanuts
2. order beer regularly. i suggest tipping the waiter (at least) a ten spot and telling him you want a beer every inning (smaller cups). that will keep that beautiful liquid flowing your way.
3. wave wildly at the camera if you think you are on
4. try to eat at least a hot dog, a pretzel and nachos (fancy nachos).

after the game there is a dessert buffet where you can relax, enjoy some postgame, have a cup of coffee and hang out until traffic is better.

it's magical. it really is.

skobabe8
05-18-2006, 11:24 AM
face value is 180/ticket.

i would recommend showing up about an hour before gametime. the buffet line will have gotten smaller and it allows for plenty of time in the pre-game restaurant. often times they have white sox figureheads like minoso, melton, kittle, etc in the restaurant signing autographs.

then i'd head out to the seats about 15 minutes before gametime to watch stretches, first pitch, ozzie clowning around.

enjoy the game, but don't forget:

1. in the tunnel there is free ice cream/peanuts
2. order beer regularly. i suggest tipping the waiter (at least) a ten spot and telling him you want a beer every inning (smaller cups). that will keep that beautiful liquid flowing your way.
3. wave wildly at the camera if you think you are on
4. try to eat at least a hot dog, a pretzel and nachos (fancy nachos).

after the game there is a dessert buffet where you can relax, enjoy some postgame, have a cup of coffee and hang out until traffic is better.

it's magical. it really is.

:o: Your what hurts? :o:

Chip Z'nuff
05-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Can't afford it.

patbooyah
05-18-2006, 11:37 AM
:o: Your what hurts? :o:

haha. i meant to teal that after i wrote the long ass reply. whoops!

Medford Bobby
05-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Pat, Man your Pop has trained you well...............:D:

scottjanssens
05-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I have a somewhat silly question. Does the team sell Scout Seats for individual games? I wanted to treat my dad for Father's Day, but don't know how to proceede.

You have to call a sales rep to purchase scout seats for an individual game. However, I believe they're sold out to season ticket holders. The Sox do have four seats up for auction for most games (proceeds to Sox charities). Be prepared to spend $300+ per seat.

rjdmichjr
05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
I sat there last year for a game...It was great from start to finish....First class all the way!!!!....

nedlug
05-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys! I'll be decked out in my seats and hopefully I can bring home a White Sox winner against those chumps from the North side.

I'll be sure to taste every type of food that they have laid out for me.

skobabe8
05-18-2006, 07:08 PM
haha. i meant to teal that after i wrote the long ass reply. whoops!

I knew it had to be a mistake. You're too good of a poster to do something like that. :cool: