PDA

View Full Version : TSN Poll: Red vs. White

Chisox_cali
02-01-2002, 01:00 AM
On the TSN Baseball page they have a poll: Which Sox team will have a better season? Red Sox are in the lead right now. Vote!

:hawk
"Don't vote for the Carmines"

Spiff
02-01-2002, 06:58 AM
Also on the TSN page

http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/baseball/voices/mark_bonavita/20020130.html

Jose is higher than Royce.

Iwritecode
02-01-2002, 09:33 AM
THREE STOOGES

(Their shenanigans have caused numerous bumps and bruises over the years.)

Jose Valentin, White Sox. Other than his suspect durability, Valentin's biggest drawback is his .247 career average. He has been a little better in recent years, but his value comes from his power, production, versatility and speed. He qualifies at shortstop, third base and outfield in most leagues and should have 25 homers, 75 RBIs and 10-12 steals if healthy.

JAR JAR BINKS

(More annoying than George Lucas' goober of a character, these players have been all hype and little action.)

Royce Clayton, White Sox. He hit .323 after the All-Star break last year, but finished the year at .263 because of a horrible first half. Also, he hasn't had more than 11 stolen bases since 1998 and has only average power. He could be worth a shot in AL-only leagues, but only if he figures to have a substantial role. Watch spring training for a better idea of his playing time.

Good stuff. :smile:

czalgosz
02-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
Also on the TSN page

http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/baseball/voices/mark_bonavita/20020130.html

Jose is higher than Royce.

Fantasy ratings mean nothing - Tony Womack is rated higher than Jose Valentin, as is Mark McLemore and Edgar Renteria. If anyone here thinks any of those three guys is a more valuable ballplayer than Jose, raise your hands. I thought so.

AsInWreck
02-01-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Fantasy ratings mean nothing - Tony Womack is rated higher than Jose Valentin, as is Mark McLemore and Edgar Renteria. If anyone here thinks any of those three guys is a more valuable ballplayer than Jose, raise your hands. I thought so.

I'd rank womack,mclemore and valentin about equally as far as value to his team/i don't know too much about renteria