05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Have at it!

Chips
05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
J.D. comes up big with 3 RBI

:winner

NDSox12
05-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Took a while to get the bats going, but a nice win. Very good outing by Garland!

SoxSpeed22
05-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Broke out against their pen, welcome back Garland.

JB98
05-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Other than the walks in the ninth inning, I'm pleased. Solid pitching and solid defense. That's been missing for most of the road trip. Glad to see us get back to that formula. Nice timely, two-out hitting in the eighth inning. Good performance by Garland, hopefully rebuilds his confidence.

Get 'em tomorrow and salvage a winning trip.

Nellie_Fox
05-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Nice job by JON Garland.

voodoochile
05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah...

:winner

Nice game by Big Jon Garland and Bad Bobby. JD had himself a good one too.

Solid road win in a place the team has struggled. Get the series win tomorrow and let's get back to Chicago...

Blob
05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
A job well done Jon!

:winner:

WSox8404
05-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Broke out against their pen, welcome back Garland.

While this outing by Garland made me feel a little bit better it was still the Devil Rays. I would feel much better if this were against the Yanks or Cleveland. But progress is progress I guess.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Great outing by Garland and nice work by the bullpen.

Cheers. :gulp:

Chips
05-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Why the hell can't Bobby Jenks just start the 9th inning? :?:

I'm sick of him coming in with runners on base.

Grzegorz
05-17-2006, 09:06 PM
While this outing by Garland made me feel a little bit better it was still the Devil Rays. I would feel much better if this were against the Yanks or Cleveland. But progress is progress I guess.

I'll take it; great game Jon.

JUribe1989
05-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Jon Garland.................

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Watch out AL hitters, you gone!

Great game all around.

MrRoboto83
05-17-2006, 09:09 PM
great game, nice way to bounce back from an ugly game last night.

rdwj
05-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Jon was ON!

Great to see a nice pitching effort from start to finish! Nice clutch hitting from Dye as well!!

Bobbo35
05-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Good job by Jon! Like Hawk said, hopefully this boosts his confidence a bit. Dye is clutch once again, he da man! Get em tommorow Javier and back to Chicago for the Flubs.

GO Sox!

chisoxfanatic
05-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Jermaine Dye is the best we could ask for in the middle of our lineup. He, in my opinion, is the straw that stirs our offensive drink. He has unbelievable leadership skills and does just what Ozzie and Walker need him to do. He's a role model for today's young ballplayers to try to duplicate!

Kogs35
05-17-2006, 09:19 PM
awesome job jon and jermain :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp:

mjmcend
05-17-2006, 09:22 PM
This interesting tidbit was in the AP wrap-up

"Pierzynski extended his errorless streak to 150 games. It's nine short of Rick Cerrone's major league-record for catchers set from 1987-89."

Anyway, great game Dye.

soxjim
05-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Good outing by Garland. Now lets feed off that like we have done in the past starting tomorrow and continue through the weekend.

BackNBlack
05-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Jermaine "never say Dye" I salute you :gulp:and kudos to Garland.

Lip Man 1
05-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Jon pitched very well this evening. It was badly needed. Bobby closed it out well (see what happens when you don't use Logan or Thornton???)

Dye, Thome and Konerko are all on pace for 100 or more RBI's. I think the last time the Sox had three guys in triple digits was 1996 with Thomas, Ventura and Tartabull (Baines had 98!)

Also is it just me or does friggin' Santana have trouble with everyone else in the league EXCEPT the White Sox?

:?:

Lip

eurotrash35
05-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Missed the game because it was on WCIU but the thread title says it all for me. :cool:

Can't wait to get back to the south side and work on another 8 game streak. I'm feeling like this team is going to go on a huge run soon.

rpac44
05-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Also is it just me or does friggin' Santana have trouble with everyone else in the league EXCEPT the White Sox?

he didn't exactly "have trouble" with the tigers tonight, the twins just didn't score-santana pitched a 12 k complete game

as for our guys, glad to see big jon back on track and the offense produced when they needed to (mackowiak is swingin a hot bat right now under the radar), i just wish ozzie would start jenks in the 9th regardless of the situation, his "leave in the lefty to face the lefty" approach hasnt worked yet

Lip Man 1
05-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Rpac 44:

He lost didn't he?

End of story.

Lip

rpac44
05-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Rpac 44:

He lost didn't he?

End of story.

Lipyeah he lost, i guess we just have different definitions of "having trouble" imo, santana himself didn't have trouble, the twins' offense did

Brian26
05-17-2006, 10:02 PM
I think there is a key point that nobody has made about this game:

Solid, risky baserunning.

I didn't think Podsednik had a prayer trying to score on that short pop-up to centerfield. Not only DID he score, but he scored standing up.

Then, in the top of the 8th, did anyone else see Dye busting his behind trying to score on Pierzynski's double?

So, give credit to Pods and Dye, in addition to Cora, for heads up baserunning tonight. The Pods run, in particular, was huge since it tied the game.

sullythered
05-17-2006, 10:18 PM
yeah he lost, i guess we just have different definitions of "having trouble" imo, santana himself didn't have trouble, the twins' offense did

Yeah, it was that kid pitching for Detroit (I think his name is Verlander?). He's been lights out all year, which is confusing because he looked very shaky against us.

Anyway, good win. Nice job Big Jon.

RowanDye
05-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, it was that kid pitching for Detroit (I think his name is Verlander?). He's been lights out all year, which is confusing because he looked very shaky against us.

shhhhh......

Nice job big Jon, JD is looking real good.

Put another one in the win column...YEEESSS!

oeo
05-17-2006, 10:50 PM
yeah he lost, i guess we just have different definitions of "having trouble" imo, santana himself didn't have trouble, the twins' offense did

I agree, just because he lost doesn't mean he had trouble. The Sox beat Johan earlier this year, and they definately had trouble with him.

fuzzy_patters
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
There is no such thing as a bad win, and that was definitely a good one. Jermaine Dye was awesome.

The only negative was that Garland gave up two homeruns on two sinkers high and away. He has to keep those pitches down, and if he leaves it up it needs to be in on the hands. However, he pitched much better than he has in his last few starts.

One thing this series has taught me is that Tampa has some talented starters and a lousy bullpen. Their pitchers the last two nights looked like they had good command of all their pitchers, and tonight's starter had some serious velocity. For a two pitch pitcher, he was nasty. We need to get into their bullpen tomorrow becaus it is awful.

Deebs14
05-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Nice night overall...got to see the Sox get back on track with a W, scored a Thome autograph before the game, and I sat a few rows in front of Lisa Dergan.

Damn she be lookin good! :redneck

markopat
05-17-2006, 11:33 PM
YEAH BABY! Nice game by JG and JD!! I liked the aggressive base running!

Go Go SOX!

goon
05-18-2006, 12:08 AM
JD
JG
Goon = :gulp:

TheOldRoman
05-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Don't try to reason with Lip. Just roll your eyes and go about your day.

hawkjt
05-18-2006, 01:57 AM
JD is just dandy. Man is he consistent. Two out hits like that one tonite are just priceless.

AJ is swinging like I had hoped last year. He was a career .292 hitter and this year he looks like it. I will sacrifice the power for average and oba.

Hendrickson is going to be another toughie tomorrow. We hit there top three pitchers just like we get the cubs top two.

Javy needs a good outing tonite to get his game totally back on track. The cubs are getting heated up just in time for the weekend and then zito and the darn A's on monday .

It doesnt get any easier and the tigers are white hot right now. They lead the league with the 3.19 era and they do have some hitters.

MsSoxVixen22
05-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Now THAT'S the Jon Garland I'm used to seeing! And JD......YES! Lets get 'em today and come back home for a Cub killing! :bandance:

Hitmen77
05-18-2006, 08:17 AM

:?:

Lip

The Tigers beat him at home yesterday. A few weeks ago, the Sox beat him at home too.

The Twinkies have an awful road record. I wasn't expecting much help from them this week.

alohafri
05-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Why the hell can't Bobby Jenks just start the 9th inning? :?:

I'm sick of him coming in with runners on base.

He frightens me when he has to clean up someone else's mess in the 9th too!

Lip Man 1
05-18-2006, 03:01 PM
And the numbers show it. You'd think Ozzie would have learned by now.

Lip