PDA

View Full Version : Comcast SportsNet to carry Friday's Sox-Cubs game as a "White Sox telecast"

Jnuich
05-17-2006, 02:27 PM
TWO-HOUR, LIVE PRE-GAME SHOWS & LIVE COVERAGE OF BATTING PRACTICE HIGHLIGHT COMCAST SPORTSNET’S COVERAGE OF WHITE SOX-CUBS SERIES

“Crosstown Showdown Pre-Game Live” to Begin at 1:00 PM on Friday, May 19; CSN to air May 21 Game as well

Chicago, IL (May 15, 2006) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for more White Sox and Cubs games than any other network, is ready to start up the annual “Crosstown Showdown” rivalry in a big way as Comcast SportsNet will air two, two-hour Crosstown Showdown Pre-Game Live specials presented by Feldco on Friday, May 19 beginning at 1:00 PM and presented by Verizon Wireless on Sunday, May 21 beginning at 11:00 AM.
Comcast SportsNet’s coverage of the May 19 Cubs at White Sox match-up begins with the two-hour Crosstown Showdown Pre-Game Live presented by Feldco beginning at 1:00 PM. Note the following highlights:
1:00 PM – Crosstown Showdown Pre-Game Live presented by Feldco (includes “Batter’s Box,” live coverage of batting practice featuring players from both teams in the cage, along with live interviews and features)
3:00 PM – Chicago Cubs at Chicago White Sox (L)
6:00 PM – Crosstown Showdown Post Game Live presented by U.S. Cellular(time approx.)
6:30 pm – Land Rover SportsNite (complete game recap)
7:00 pm – Cubs at White Sox (game replay)
10:00 pm – Jim Beam SportsNite (complete recap from the day in sports)

For the second White Sox at Cubs series from June 30-July 2, Comcast SportsNet will air the June 30 game featuring White Sox announcers and the July 2 game featuring Cubs announcers. Coverage details on this series will be coming in the next few weeks.

Viewers can find Comcast SportsNet on Comcast Cable and RCN channel 37, DIRECTV channel 640 and DISH Network channel 429. Plus, every White Sox and Cubs home game will be produced in a high-definition format and all HD games will be available on Comcast Cable channel 200 and RCN channel 540. Viewers can visit www.comcastsportsnet.com (http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/) for the exact channel location of Comcast SportsNet in their area.

Chisox003
05-17-2006, 02:31 PM
:rolling:

We got a guy spamming for Comcast now??

Oh man...Does this mean WSI has made the big time? What with the newspapers siting here as sources and major networks spamming their schedules....Hmm

How do I look? Is my hair alright?

:cool:

rdwj
05-17-2006, 02:36 PM
It doesn't say anything about announcers for this weekend. Any idea what the breakdown is?

JohnBasedowYoda
05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Where will Chuck Garfein be?! Arghhh!

Kogs35
05-17-2006, 02:42 PM
It doesn't say anything about announcers for this weekend. Any idea what the breakdown is?

Comcast friday- Hawk and Dj
WGN Friday- Kasper and Brenly
Fox Saturday- Thom Brenamen and Sweet Lou Penela(sorry for bad spelling)
Comcast Sunday- Kasper and Brenly
WGN Sunday- Hawk and DJ

hope this helps

rdwj
05-17-2006, 02:46 PM
WGN Sunday- Hawk and DJ

hope this helps

Perfect! Thanks!!

SOecks
05-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Jnuich, will SportsRise and SportsNite be played their normal 20 times per day during the series or upped to 40?

downstairs
05-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Jnuich, will SportsRise and SportsNite be played their normal 20 times per day during the series or upped to 40?

I hear they're going to actually split the screen into 9 screens, so they can play both 9 at a time...

Iwritecode
05-17-2006, 03:10 PM

I'll take a guess:

AM 670 = Farmer and Singleton

AM 720 = Hughes and Santo

:wink:

skottyj242
WGN Sunday- Hawk and DJ

hope this helps

Is this official? I can't believe they're showing the game on both Comcast and WGN both days.

skottyj242
:rolling:

We got a guy spamming for Comcast now??

Oh man...Does this mean WSI has made the big time? What with the newspapers siting here as sources and major networks spamming their schedules....Hmm

How do I look? Is my hair alright?

:cool:

Good job Vern..you brought the comb.

Iwritecode
05-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Is this official? I can't believe they're showing the game on both Comcast and WGN both days.

Why not? It's technically both a Cubs game and a Sox game at the same time. When I watch a Sox game, I want to hear Sox announcers. I'm sure Cubs fans feel the same way about their announcers.

oeo
05-17-2006, 03:12 PM
They did the same thing last year and both games are on Comcast AND WGN, so this will probably be the way it's going to work.

Kogs35
05-17-2006, 03:14 PM

They did it last year, and if its good enough for the angels and dodgers, yankees and mets its good enough for us to have both broadcast teams there.

skottyj242
05-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Why not? It's technically both a Cubs game and a Sox game at the same time. When I watch a Sox game, I want to hear Sox announcers. I'm sure Cubs fans feel the same way about their announcers.

I know. I just remember a couple of years ago they didn't do this and I had to listen to Farmer and Rooney while my satelite was like a pitch and a half behind. It was the game at Wrigley when Olivo hit the grand slam in the first.

oeo
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I know. I just remember a couple of years ago they didn't do this and I had to listen to Farmer and Rooney while my satelite was like a pitch and a half behind. It was the game at Wrigley when Olivo hit the grand slam in the first.

That was before Comcast came along to make everyone happy.

Hangar18
05-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Ive not been happy with Comcast so far with their "coverage".
Late innings, when the SOX started their mild comeback, they FINALLY began to show the big numbers of SOX fans that were in Tampa yesterday.
How do I know? When there was a hit, you'd hear a big reaction. Any foul balls you'd see into the stands, the camera would then "accidentally" show
the fans in the stands. Unlike the other team, where every inning, they cutaway to show the other teams fans. Nice job comcast.

I want Mags back
05-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Where will Chuck Garfein be?! Arghhh!

he'll be at the park. Why do i know that. I met him today. He came to my broadcasting class

CHISOXFAN13
05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
he'll be at the park. Why do i know that. I met him today. He came to my broadcasting class

My condolences.

QCIASOXFAN
05-17-2006, 04:44 PM
They did the same thing last year and both games are on Comcast AND WGN, so this will probably be the way it's going to work. Thank god!!

SOecks
05-17-2006, 05:16 PM

Does he wear as much makeup when he goes to broadcasting class as he does on the air? Next time he comes, let me know and I'll send out a scraper for him to get that stuff off his face at night. :cool:

I want Mags back
05-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Does he wear as much makeup when he goes to broadcasting class as he does on the air? Next time he comes, let me know and I'll send out a scraper for him to get that stuff off his face at night. :cool:

he looked the same as he does on air. real nice guy though.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-17-2006, 05:25 PM

Fingernails on a blackboard :redneck

SOecks
05-17-2006, 05:43 PM
he looked the same as he does on air. real nice guy though.

Yeah he does seem like a nice guy. Had to give him some crap and be a jerk though. He deserves it after those stupid questions he asked Konerko after the Sox won the ALCS.

MUsoxfan
05-17-2006, 05:44 PM

I'm not sure about that. I'm don't think I'd recognize him without a cocktail in his hand though:tongue:

ondafarm
05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
WGN Sunday- Hawk and DJ

hope this helps

I don't care as long as I get to see Kerry Sayers during the updates.

Lip Man 1
05-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Gang:

This is not rocket science. When the games are at U.S. Cellular Field they are considered a Sox broadcast....when they are at The Urinal, it's a Cubs venture.

The only time this wasn't the case was one time when Comcast experimented and switched announcers so hawk and D.J. were doing the games from Wrigley and visa versa.

Lip

mikeybooyah
05-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Gang:

This is not rocket science. When the games are at U.S. Cellular Field they are considered a Sox broadcast....when they are at The Urinal, it's a Cubs venture.

The only time this wasn't the case was one time when Comcast experimented and switched announcers so hawk and D.J. were doing the games from Wrigley and visa versa.

Lip

Wrong, it is a Cub's broadcast Sunday. Len and Bob have the call...from U.S. Cell. Comcast SportsNet is having way more coverage than WGN, including live Batting Practice 2 hours before the game.

Chips
05-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I'll take a guess:

Is there a third option?

Iwritecode
05-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Is there a third option?

Actually there was at one time but I don't think Sox and Roll is on the air anymore...

Iwritecode
05-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Good job Vern..you brought the comb.

Very nice (and obscure) movie reference. :wink:

Scottiehaswheels
05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Unlike the other team, where every inning, they cutaway to show the other teams fans. Nice job comcast.

Hangar,

Dude... Sorry but I couldn't care less about fan shots and that sorta thing.. seriously man, thats Cubbish... I want to see the action goin on ON THE FIELD, not around it

bigsqwert
05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Ive not been happy with Comcast so far with their "coverage".
Late innings, when the SOX started their mild comeback, they FINALLY began to show the big numbers of SOX fans that were in Tampa yesterday.
How do I know? When there was a hit, you'd hear a big reaction. Any foul balls you'd see into the stands, the camera would then "accidentally" show
the fans in the stands. Unlike the other team, where every inning, they cutaway to show the other teams fans. Nice job comcast.

I think the Cubs cameramen are required to show Cubs fans in other stadiums. At least it seems like it.

Lip Man 1
05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Mike:

I should have clarified. That's when WGN has not picked up the telecast.

They are Sunday, so Comcast is giving fans another outlet.

Lip

alohafri
05-18-2006, 12:48 PM
I'll take a guess:

Ah, Pat, you know this Singleton guy played the game like my old friend Jim Hickman.

ChiSoxGirl
05-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Per the Cubune (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060518cubssoxmedia,1,2125125.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines) this morning:

Fox's annual baseball package kicks off with Saturday's 12:20 p.m. game. Play-by-play man Thom Brennaman will work alongside an analyst who won't get lost on his way to U.S. Cellular Field: Darrin Jackson.

WSCR-AM 670 will have David Schuster and Zach Zaidman on the field before each game. "White Sox Weekly" with Chris Rongey (10 a.m. Saturday) and "Hit and Run" with George Ofman and Jesse Rogers (9 a.m. Sunday) will originate from the Cell.

With any luck, we won't have to hear about the Bears from Zach Zaidman, nor will we have to hear all about the Cubs all weekend, considering this is the SOX FLAGSHIP STATION!

And here's a piece of information I'm sure each and every one of us will love:

WSCR morning man Mike North, who has been pleading with station officials to get his name on a sign inside the Sox's home park, got his wish. A sign with his name and the phrase "Juuust a bit outside" debuts Friday behind home plate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Sox been working toward beautifying the ballpark, not making more things an eyesore?!

bigdommer
05-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Here's the deal:

I live in Baltimore, and Fox is showing the Mets/Yankees game on Saturday. I usually head to the bar next door to watch games (tons of TV's with MLB extra innings). However, to my knowledge, Saturday's game will not air on MLB extra innings because it is a national game (even though it won't be shown here). Does anyone know what options I have to get the game on Saturday?????

By the way, I am wearing my Sox tie to work today. Nobody here understands why. THanks for the help.

kevingrt
05-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Per the Cubune (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060518cubssoxmedia,1,2125125.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines) this morning:

With any luck, we won't have to hear about the Bears from Zach Zaidman, nor will we have to hear all about the Cubs all weekend, considering this is the SOX FLAGSHIP STATION!

And here's a piece of information I'm sure each and every one of us will love:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Sox been working toward beautifying the ballpark, not making more things an eyesore?!

TERRIBLE!!! I feel sick that Mike North will be featured around the stadium. It was much better when all there was was those MJH ads. God do I hate North

mikeybooyah
05-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Mike:

I should have clarified. That's when WGN has not picked up the telecast.

They are Sunday, so Comcast is giving fans another outlet.

Lip

I gotcha. Yea, the networks consider them "broadcasts" of whichever teams broadcasters they have. Regardless WGN has 30 mins of Pre-game, CSN has 2 hours.

Cellview22
05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
This is the 2nd time in about 30 minutes that they've replayed this Howry interview. It's a long interview and you can only guess what it's about: the fanbases. Says he was jealous of the Cubs fanbase when he was playing for the Sox.. This guy just bugs me! :angry:

ChiSoxGirl
05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
TERRIBLE!!! I feel sick that Mike North will be featured around the stadium. It was much better when all there was was those MJH ads. God do I hate North

I can't stand Mike North for so many reasons that I can't even begin to sit here and list them all...because I'd be sitting in this chair until some time tomorrow evening! I haven't heard about him making a push for some promotion at the ballpark- has anyone else?

Here's another question. Why promote a show for a station that has been predominantly Cubs chatter, particularly over the past few weeks? I guess they expect Sox fans to care more about the Cubs and what they're doing over on that side of town, since we have nothing else to concentrate on! :angry: :rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
05-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Watching the Comcast batting practice thing, have spotted Ozzie's first cuss word :redneck