PDA

View Full Version : Ok Minor League Gurus...

Deuce
05-17-2006, 06:37 AM
...who do we have on the farm that the Sox can swap for one or more of our struggling relievers? Any expert opinions?

Deuce

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Javier Lopez is alot better than Boone Logan at this point.

He gone
05-17-2006, 06:01 PM
...who do we have on the farm that the Sox can swap for one or more of our struggling relievers?

I'm no expert, but we have Sweeney, Fields, Rowgoski, Haeger, Broadway just to name a few.

Daver
05-17-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm no expert, but we have Sweeney, Fields, Rowgoski, Haeger, Broadway just to name a few.

He's talking about pitchers.

Sweeney hasn't pitched in awhile, I doubt he's ready.

He gone
05-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I was thinking he was talking about trade bait:?: I'm on midnights so the brain is functioning :cool:

Ok there's Javier Lopez, Jeff Farnsworth and Jeff Nelson down in Charlotte :tongue:

caulfield12
05-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Sweeney, Fields and Owens aren't going anywhere, obviously...unless we secretly have signed Crede long-term.

I would start off with some kids like Rogowski and Pedro Lopez, although you are going to have to package 2 or 3 together to get anything decent.

To get something a little better, maybe our young catcher Hernandez.

Many are high on Tracey, others are not....I think the Sox are definitely more bullish on Broadway, Liotta, Lumsden, Haeger.

Another idea would be Corwin Malone or Paulino Reynoso...heck, any of our minor league lefties, assuming Jeff Nelson is ready to go and we don't need to keep auditioning them on a weekly basis.

Tragg
05-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Sweeney, Fields and Owens aren't going anywhere, obviously...unless we secretly have signed Crede long-term.

I would start off with some kids like Rogowski and Pedro Lopez, although you are going to have to package 2 or 3 together to get anything decent.

To get something a little better, maybe our young catcher Hernandez.

Many are high on Tracey, others are not....I think the Sox are definitely more bullish on Broadway, Liotta, Lumsden, Haeger.

Another idea would be Corwin Malone or Paulino Reynoso...heck, any of our minor league lefties, assuming Jeff Nelson is ready to go and we don't need to keep auditioning them on a weekly basis.

You don't trade any of our top 10 or any serious talent for any July stopgaps. We aren't looking for a big hitter, a starter or a closer....we're talking about a middle reliever...you pick those up for a nondescript A/AA ball player or 2.

caulfield12
05-18-2006, 05:06 PM
If we signed Crede long-term, it wouldn´t make much sense to hold onto Josh Fields. Look what has happened with Borchard...every year, we held onto him until we basically lucked into Thornton. Well, not luck in the sense that KW and Cooper scouted him extensively, but Borchard in 2002 or 2003 could have gotten us a much more significant piece back.

If we were able to get a young pitcher along the lines of a budding Jason Frasor, Ryan Madson (not this year) or Scott Proctor type that also had the ability to start down the line, it would be at least worth a look.

Tracey is the closest one to this profile right now, but the jury is still out on his control....not unlike Jeff Bajenaru or many of the promising relievers (Joe Valentine, etc.) that never fulfilled their potential with the Sox