PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 5/17

Lip Man 1
05-17-2006, 01:22 AM
"You're in the big leagues, you should know where you have to be in those situations. You practice this since you're in high school. I don't know if he forgot or thought somebody was there. Everyone expects you to make those plays and not forget about them. That's something you practice day in and day out in spring training." -- Ozzie Guillen to Mark Gonzales of the Tribune.

Sounds like 'taps' for Boonie-Baby. (and not a game to soon...)

Lip

batmanZoSo
05-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Sounds like old Boone is gonna go the way of Old Yeller and the evenin' newspaper. Consarn it.

SBSoxFan
05-17-2006, 10:47 AM
I like this one better: "I only play every fifth day." --- Kerry Wood

Was that supposed to be in teal? Every 5th day? Since when?
:roflmao::rolling:

rdwj
05-17-2006, 10:54 AM

I think he's counting long toss, the towel drill and simulated starts

SOXPHILE
05-17-2006, 11:48 AM
"You're in the big leagues, you should know where you have to be in those situations. You practice this since you're in high school. I don't know if he forgot or thought somebody was there. Everyone expects you to make those plays and not forget about them. That's something you practice day in and day out in spring training." -- Ozzie Guillen to Mark Gonzales of the Tribune.

Sounds like 'taps' for Boonie-Baby. (and not a game to soon...)

Lip

I feel bad for Boone Logan, but yeah, he'll probably have to be sent down. Kudos to Ozzie for saying what needs to be said. That's another thing I love about this team. No excuse making. Compare that to what Johnny Baker might have said:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/pressbox/photos/headshots_players_coaches/110481_90x135.jpg "Look, man...I mean, come on. Sometimes things like that happen. I dunno...he's from Texas, right ? It gets kinda hot down there, and the ball acts differently, ya know ? Sometimes, maybe because it's colder up here, and, I don't know, the gravity effects how stuff happens. He was just trying to make things happen, and it didn't work out right..."

RichFitztightly
05-17-2006, 01:27 PM

I like the line from fark.com: "Kerry Wood soon to be on the Pre-Disabled List."

Getting back to Boone, Ozzie is absolutely right. The sad thing is, he didn't pitch bad. He had the Rays put the ball in play, weakly for a good portion of those hits. He just crapped the bed when it came time to making plays. It's unfortunate, but it happens and it's inexcusable every time. I say, get him some regular time in the minors, just to get used to playing consistently. He'll be back.