PDA

View Full Version : day 5 at in Florida at the game

mike squires
05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
wow. I was definately 0 for today. I went in with some high expectations. I was hoping for a couple of autographs. I came up with nada. Thome and Bhuerlie looked at us but nobody really paid attention to the fans. I felt like I was at the zoo and everyone was waiting for someone to do something. I understand these guys have a routine and have a job to do. I was still dissapointed. Rob and Man Soo were the only ones that signed that I saw. A ball rolled over to me and I grabbed it during BP. There were a ton of Sox fans in attendence as expected. If you walked in the tunnels that is all you saw. And behind homeplate there were tons of Sox fans. I snuck down and watched from ro six behing the dugout/on deck circle. I could have stayed there the entire game if I wanted. IN fact when I came back the second time the usher said, "Welcome back." Several people complimented my retro Sox Fisk jersey. I was hoping Guillen would go with McCarthy longer. I wasn't able to pay total attention to the game because I was with my daughter, wife, sister in law and her friend. I had to help watch Brooklynne. So I"m not sure what his pitch count was but hated to see Logan come in. Great execution by the Rays with the bunts. We looked clueless against a AAA team. Horrible defense by Crede and Uribe. Nice catch by ANderson on the broken bat duck snort. I'm glad they at least gave us something to cheer about in the later innings. Let's go White Sox filled the park but the Ray fans tried to boo us I. I hope our luck is better Thursday night. I would hate to lose both games here on my vaca. :(

mike squires
05-16-2006, 10:31 PM
oh yeah, someone gave my sister in law free tickets to the game on Thursday. Saves me some dough!!!

Deebs14
05-16-2006, 11:33 PM
I THINK I saw a retro Fisk jersey around the dugout area, but I was further down the third baseline (above the Sox bullpen) and had a few brews in me. So my vision probably wasn't the best. :redneck

Of all things, I sat behind a guy (massive tool) and two girls...the guy and one girl had on Red Sox hats and the other girl had on a Cubs hat with a Barrett jersey on! (I referred to the flubbie girl as Debbie Downer because they looked awfully similar) But all that these jagoffs did was take pictures, yap on their cells and one was just listening to her ipod a good portion of the time. My dad and I just looked at one another as if this horse**** really wasn't shocking at all.

Rant aside...let's get 'em tomorrow.

nug0hs
05-17-2006, 12:20 AM
there has to be a few pale hose fans still there from when our spring training used to go down in sarasota

mike squires
05-17-2006, 10:47 PM
I THINK I saw a retro Fisk jersey around the dugout area, but I was further down the third baseline (above the Sox bullpen) and had a few brews in me. So my vision probably wasn't the best. :redneck

Of all things, I sat behind a guy (massive tool) and two girls...the guy and one girl had on Red Sox hats and the other girl had on a Cubs hat with a Barrett jersey on! (I referred to the flubbie girl as Debbie Downer because they looked awfully similar) But all that these jagoffs did was take pictures, yap on their cells and one was just listening to her ipod a good portion of the time. My dad and I just looked at one another as if this horse**** really wasn't shocking at all.

Rant aside...let's get 'em tomorrow.

Had to have been me. I was standing along the third base side for pregame and then for a few innings behind the dugout. The rest I was in section 107. I think I'll be wearing it again on Thursday night. Hope I have some better luck with autographs tomorrow. The guys had NO interest in interacting with the fans on Tuesday evening.

soxfanreggie
05-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Oh Sarasota, my parents moved their full time when the Sox left. I blame them for the Sox leaving...:mad: