PDA

View Full Version : is that magllio?

mike squires
01-31-2002, 07:05 PM
maybe somebody can help me out here? is that actually magglio ordonez on his 98' bowman rookie card? i always questioned if that was really him and while thumbing through the recent becket i saw it had UER for uncorrected error. anybody know for sure? i just don't want maggs to sign it if it's not at soxfest! thanks

voodoochile
01-31-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
maybe somebody can help me out here? is that actually magglio ordonez on his 98' bowman rookie card? i always questioned if that was really him and while thumbing through the recent becket i saw it had UER for uncorrected error. anybody know for sure? i just don't want maggs to sign it if it's not at soxfest! thanks

Couple of things...

I don't know the answer to your question, but you might be able to get an answer from the Bowman website (assuming there is such a thing).

Errors on cards are worth big money down the road. Hold on to it if it isn't him. Of course a signed rookie card of Magglio may end up being worth a pretty penny itself someday.

DuckSnort
02-01-2002, 11:32 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure, cards with errors are worth a lot more only if there's 2 version... like the frank thomas rookie card (tops) some cards don't have his name, that card is worth a whooollle lot more, and there is another version that has his name printed.. that one isn't worth as much, (I have it.) but if it's just an UER uncorrected error, aren't quite the same.

As for the actual card, I'm not sure.. I may have that one.. I'll have to check that one... also, sometimes it's better to get just a regular card autographed... if you get a higher priced card signed, it might bring it down in value... (I have no idea how much it's worth, just throwing it out there) :) ok, I'm done.

dougs78
02-01-2002, 01:24 PM
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question either. I've seen the card though and I'd be shocked if that was really Maggs. I just looks absolutely nothing like him. If you have another card of his get it signed instead....but if not who cares. I assume this is not something you are planning on selling anyway, so just get him to sign it and get a picture of him with you in it and you are set. The real point is that you'll have Magg's autograph to show your kids someday.

RedPinStripes
02-01-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Couple of things...

I don't know the answer to your question, but you might be able to get an answer from the Bowman website (assuming there is such a thing).

Errors on cards are worth big money down the road. Hold on to it if it isn't him. Of course a signed rookie card of Magglio may end up being worth a pretty penny itself someday.

I've got the Billy ripken card that says f--- face on the handle of the bat somewhere. When he was playing it was over 200.00. I have no idea what it's worth now. I still laugh everytime i see it though.

Fisk Fan
02-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I've got the Billy ripken card that says f--- face on the handle of the bat somewhere. When he was playing it was over 200.00. I have no idea what it's worth now. I still laugh everytime i see it though.

I have that card too. I also have the card after where they put black ink over the words, and the one where they put a white box over the knob of the bat. They are not worth much anymore. Still funny, though.

Vsahajpal
02-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan

I have that card too. I also have the card after where they put black ink over the words, and the one where they put a white box over the knob of the bat. They are not worth much anymore. Still funny, though.

Fisk Fan
02-01-2002, 06:41 PM
I don't have that one.....

Paulwny
02-01-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

The year that card came out dealers were hording them and then trying to sell them fo $25-$50.