PDA

View Full Version : Rowand at the Phillies press confrence

Irishsox1
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo?slug=f1d46f4152ba40c9a3628fe18895cc0d.fantas tic_phillies_pxs102&prov=apAaron looks like crap, but he's got a nice looking ring on.

Baby Fisk
05-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Damn, that looks painful.

HotelWhiteSox
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I got my nose broken too while playing baseball when I was younger. It was weird because I got two huge black eyes out of it like I'd gone 10 rounds with Drederick Tatum even though they weren't touched. Off topic but thought I'd chime in

steveironcity
05-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Geez, he looks rough. We need more players like him in baseball that put the game before themselfs.

itsnotrequired
05-16-2006, 04:36 PM
The fact that the ring is in the picture makes it that much cooler.:cool:

pdimas
05-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Here's another one.

http://montreal.expos.mlb.com/images/2006/05/15/a2jLyUNf.jpg

rookiewhitesox
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
hard nose player. we miss yah

ChiSoxGirl
05-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Here's another one.

http://montreal.expos.mlb.com/images/2006/05/15/a2jLyUNf.jpg

Is it me, or does his nose almost look plastic or fake in that picture?! I realize that's because it's broken, but it just looks really weird.

He got beat up pretty bad. Get Well Soon, Aaron! :smile:

beckett21
05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Is it me, or does his nose almost look plastic or fake in that picture?! I realize that's because it's broken, but it just looks really weird.

I think that's actually a plastic splint, not his real nose. :D:

Stupid or not, the guy has guts. Gotta give him that. He may not be the most gifted ballplayer around, but he makes up for that with hard work and desire.

/Rowand lovefest

ChiSoxGirl
05-16-2006, 10:49 PM
I think that's actually a plastic splint, not his real nose. :D:

Stupid or not, the guy has guts. Gotta give him that. He may not be the most gifted ballplayer around, but he makes up for that with hard work and desire.

/Rowand lovefest

I know that's a plastic splint. I was looking more at the tip of his nose that's not under the splint.

I just love Rowand's work ethic. He's awesome! :thumbsup:

drewcifer
05-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Alright... knock it off.

For every one of these, Big Jim should get his props too.

beckett21
05-16-2006, 10:51 PM
I know that's a plastic splint. I was looking more at the tip of his nose that's not under the splint.

I know what you meant. Hence the teal. :smile:

I just love Rowand's work ethic. He's awesome! :thumbsup:

:yup:

I was never much of a Rowand guy, but the more I saw of him the more I admired him.

beckett21
05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Alright... knock it off.

Absolutely.

drewcifer
05-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Absolutely.
Beckett knows what I mean...

Trading Aaron was necessary. Let's keep winning and put ourselves in a position to get him back (our guy types who are like him, or even better). We all know what he's about....

He was traded on his contract. Phillies could give a **** less if they get something usable in return and we might be able to bring him right back home some day. They worry about the Mets, and Braves... St. Louis.

Bottom line - We gained more than we lost. RBI and HR leader in fact......

<Say ouch but it's true>

beckett21
05-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Beckett knows what I mean...

Trading Aaron was necessary. Let's keep winning and put ourselves in a position to get him back (our guy types who are like him, or even better). We all know what he's about....

He was traded on his contract. Phillies could give a **** less if they get something usable in return and we might be able to bring him right back home some day. They worry about the Mets, and Braves... St. Louis.

Bottom line - We gained more than we lost. RBI and HR leader in fact......

<Say ouch but it's true>

Agreed.

There are very few hitters in the game today capable of putting up the numbers of a Jim Thome. The guy is a one-man wrecking crew hell bent on proving last year was an aberration.

I'm convinced. :cool:

chisoxmike
05-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Alright... knock it off.

Yes. Thank You.

Jim Thome hit a home run today to add to his AMERICAN LEAGUE LEADING TOTAL.

Chips
05-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Yes. Thank You.

Jim Thome hit a home run today to add to his AMERICAN LEAGUE LEADING TOTAL.

JIM THOME WEARS A WHITE SOX JERSEY, ROWAND DOES NOT.

chisoxmike
05-16-2006, 11:14 PM
JIM THOME WEARS A WHITE SOX JERSEY, ROWAND DOES NOT.

Some people haven't figures this out yet.

Chisox003
05-16-2006, 11:17 PM
:nuts: :rolling:

I'm convinced, WSI needs 2 new forums:

An all Cubs one, as the Parking Lot just isn't big enough anymore

AND

An Aaron Rowand one

Mods, yay or nay?

:rolleyes:

Chips
05-16-2006, 11:20 PM

I am getting sick of hearing about every aspect of the man's life.

:)

beckett21
05-16-2006, 11:28 PM
I hope you're not referring to me.

Believe me when I tell you that no one was a bigger supporter of the trade that brought Thome here than I was. I've completely avoided the Rowand love fest until tonight; however Rowand earned my respect and I see no problem with people praising him.

The Flubsession threads are infinitely more annoying than the Rowand threads, IMO. But hey, that's just my opinion. Live and let live.

Besides, last I checked this was the Talking Baseball Forum. :?:

chisoxmike
05-17-2006, 12:22 AM
No Beckett, I wasn't refering to you. I'm talking about the people that are starting threads about Rowand making a nice catch, or Rowand hitting a game winning RBI. Its amazes me everyday really.

Chips
05-17-2006, 12:25 AM
No Beckett, I wasn't refering to you. I'm talking about the people that are starting threads about Rowand making a nice catch, or Rowand hitting a game winning RBI. Its amazes me everyday really.

This thread wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the countless other threads that mention Rowand's every ****ing move on and off the field.

The Dude
05-17-2006, 12:30 AM
This thread wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the countless other threads that mention Rowand's every ****ing move on and off the field.

Hey congrats on your 2000th post *******!:D:

Jjav829
05-17-2006, 12:40 AM
This is why there is a ****ing Talking Baseball forum! I have some news for you all bitching about the Rowand threads. If you don't want to read them, you don't have to ****ing click on them! There are numerous threads each day that I could care less about. Guess what, I don't read them. What a novel ****ing concept!

Believe it or not, there is a world of baseball outside the White Sox. Some people care about this world of baseball. Aaron Rowand was a fan favorite with the Sox. Maybe for some of you it is as simple as he is no longer a White Sox, so who cares, right? It's all White Sox to you. Out of sight, out of mind. You cheer for players when they are White Sox, and once they leave, you couldn't care less what they do. That's your right. But don't expect everyone else to be like you. Many people came to like Aaron Rowand in his days here and will continue to like him regardless of where he plays. They want to discuss what he is doing as a Phillie in the forum that is dedicated to non-White Sox baseball talk. Holy ****! What's wrong with these people? Oh, and the fact that Rowand just recently made one of the best (or gutsiest, at the least) catches in the history of baseball couldn't possibly be the cause of these posts, could it? :rolleyes:

Lastly, stop bringing every damn Rowand thread to a discussion about Anderson or Thome. Here's another giant newsflash: It's possible to follow, root for and discuss Rowand without making any statement about Brian Anderson's defensive abilities or the trade for Jim Thome.

ILuvThatDuck
05-17-2006, 09:02 AM
During his press conference, Aaron scratched his nose.
Was this intentional to show off his World Series Ring?

Anyway, he took a bad route to accomplish the scratch.

ode to veeck
05-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Lastly, stop bringing every damn Rowand thread to a discussion about Anderson or Thome. Here's another giant newsflash: It's possible to follow, root for and discuss Rowand without making any statement about Brian Anderson's defensive abilities or the trade for Jim Thome.

Yeah, the real story here is Philly not realizing they needed to add more padding to the OF walls they day they traded for Aaron, one of the hardest nosed players ever. The Sox did this years ago.

That said, I'm still an Anderson fan too.

ode to veeck
05-17-2006, 10:41 AM
In other (non BA / Thome) news, Rowand's catch, even though in the 1st innning, propelled the Phillies to a 2-0 game win and 2/3 series win over the Mets. With their sweep of Cincy over the following weekend, the Phillies may be the hottest teams in baseball right now (& beating up the other hot teams), right on the heals of the NL leading Mets.

Chez
05-17-2006, 11:49 AM

I saw Aaron's visage in my chilupa last night and I thought I noticed a water stain on the wall under the viaduct near my house that looked just like him.

spiffie
05-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah, the real story here is Philly not realizing they needed to add more padding to the OF walls they day they traded for Aaron, one of the hardest nosed players ever. The Sox did this years ago.

That said, I'm still an Anderson fan too.
Apparently that nose wasn't quite hard enough.

Erik The Red
05-17-2006, 12:31 PM
This is why there is a ****ing Talking Baseball forum! I have some news for you all bitching about the Rowand threads. If you don't want to read them, you don't have to ****ing click on them! There are numerous threads each day that I could care less about. Guess what, I don't read them. What a novel ****ing concept!

Believe it or not, there is a world of baseball outside the White Sox. Some people care about this world of baseball. Aaron Rowand was a fan favorite with the Sox. Maybe for some of you it is as simple as he is no longer a White Sox, so who cares, right? It's all White Sox to you. Out of sight, out of mind. You cheer for players when they are White Sox, and once they leave, you couldn't care less what they do. That's your right. But don't expect everyone else to be like you. Many people came to like Aaron Rowand in his days here and will continue to like him regardless of where he plays. They want to discuss what he is doing as a Phillie in the forum that is dedicated to non-White Sox baseball talk. Holy ****! What's wrong with these people? Oh, and the fact that Rowand just recently made one of the best (or gutsiest, at the least) catches in the history of baseball couldn't possibly be the cause of these posts, could it? :rolleyes:

Hear ****ing hear.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Hear ****ing hear.

Press conference

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=phillies&id=4173709 (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=phillies&id=4173709)

Catch

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060515&content_id=1454852&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

bafiarocks03
05-17-2006, 06:24 PM
I watched him talk, and I was like omg, A-Row! Painful! Poor thing!
AND WOW he's actually wearing it! Reminds him of how much he really wants to be back here on our team! Psh..

and it's amazing how cute he can still look all puffy and bruised! =]

ode to veeck
05-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Meanwhile the Phillies, who were just about the hottest team in baseball and had beating up and the suprizingly hot Mets and Reds, have not dropped 4 in a row with Aaron on the DL to drop 3 behind te Mets. A-Row took BP yesterday for the 1st time since his nose smaching wall crunching catch last week.

spiffie
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
All the people who are pissed off about Rowand still being mentioned are going to hate the Sox organization for this one...

Fans are encouraged to sign a "get well soon" card for Aaron Rowand. The cards will be located at each of the Ring Raffle sales tables through the sixth inning of each City Series game. Rowand, the popular former Sox center fielder, suffered a broken nose recently when he ran into the wall making a catch for Philadelphia.

From http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/chi-0605200248may20,1,808172.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Chips
05-20-2006, 10:33 AM
All the people who are pissed off about Rowand still being mentioned are going to hate the Sox organization for this one...

From http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/chi-0605200248may20,1,808172.story?coll=chi-news-hed
:hawk
Are you kidding me?