PDA

View Full Version : Rookie hazing

thomas35forever
05-15-2006, 11:24 PM
They just should on WGN News that A.J. made Anderson wear a Florida Gators football uniform out in public and sign autographs. Pretty hilarious.:D:

Lorenzo Barcelo
05-16-2006, 12:00 AM
I think Logan had to dress up as a viking when he got hazed.

FedEx227
05-16-2006, 12:08 AM
BA has gotten a lot of it, he was an Arizona State cheerleader earlier in the year.

TheKittle
05-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Good thing they aren't Northwestern women's soccer players. They would have suspended the whole team for hazing.

Ron Karkovice
05-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Good thing they aren't Northwestern women's soccer players. They would have suspended the whole team for hazing.

HEY OHHHHHHh

Sargeant79
05-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I read in today's Sun-Times that BA was also made to wear an Aaron Rowand Phillies uniform earlier in the year.

skobabe8
05-16-2006, 01:04 PM

How long before dopes in the media try to say that what the Sox did is just as bad, or setting a bad example?

Scottiehaswheels
05-16-2006, 01:06 PM
How long before dopes in the media try to say that what the Sox did is just as bad, or setting a bad example?They can't... Their team wears dresses onto the field everyday LOL

Madvora
05-16-2006, 01:48 PM
I read in today's Sun-Times that BA was also made to wear an Aaron Rowand Phillies uniform earlier in the year.
I just read that. I think that's the funniest one.

They should make Thome dress up in a Frank Thomas Oakland uniform.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Is BA a target for this because of his struggles at the plate? Because I thought they only made the rookies do this once...not frequently.

Berkules
05-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Is BA a target for this because of his struggles at the plate? Because I thought they only made the rookies do this once...not frequently.
I think it's because he just kinda looks like a dork.

batmanZoSo
05-16-2006, 03:11 PM

Maybe these are the cause for his struggles at the plate?

Can't you see these rookie hazing shenanigans are tearing the clubhouse apart?!

Baby Fisk
05-16-2006, 03:27 PM
OPRAH: We're now joined by a young athlete who has had to endure the torture and humiliation of lockerroom hazing. To protect his identity, we have altered his name. And now, please welcome Ryan Banderson. Ryan, thank you for joining us to discuss this important topic.

RB: Uh... I thought I was filming promos for Comcast today.

OPRAH: It's alright, Ryan. I know this is a difficult subject for you. Just relax and tell us what your teammates made you do.

RB: Uh... you mean the costumes? Yeah, that was funny. I don't mind it so much. We've got a great clubhouse.

OPRAH: There's no need to defend your teammates, Ryan. Just because they do horrible things to you doesn't mean you have to keep covering up their heinous acts. What kind of costumes did they make you wear?

RB: Oh, you know, a football player, a cheerleader...

OPRAH: Cheerleader? *shaking head compassionately* What else?

RB: Actually that's it. I'm just glad they don't do the pie in the face thing anymore.

OPRAH: Force feeding? Is that what those animals made you do?

RB: Um... no...

OPRAH: Ryan, I want you to know we are here to support you and help you get through this. Here's a copy of my magazine.

RB: Um... what?

OPRAH: We'll be right back with some more recipes from Maya Angelou.

rightsox
05-16-2006, 04:21 PM
I've never quite gotten the image of McCarthy in a dress out of my head. He is not an attactive man, and that dress wasn't doing him any favors... I think it was after his first W.

sullythered
05-16-2006, 04:29 PM
I think it's because he just kinda looks like a dork.

Actually, coming from a couple girls I know who have "met" Brian, he's quite the "player," as they say.

Sargeant79
05-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Actually, coming from a couple girls I know who have "met" Brian, he's quite the "player," as they say.

I think that's kinda why he still gets it from the rest of the guys even though he was around last year. He seems like the younger brother who tries to show off his game to the big boys and keeps being given a hard time for it. (See the Sun-Times story about his visit to the Playboy mansion, not to mention his various quotes about how he "loves the honeys".)

Besides, he is still a rookie, if I'm not mistaken, thus making him fair game to the veterans.