PDA

View Full Version : Excuse my language...


Cheryl
01-31-2002, 01:49 PM
but ***?

St. Louis Cardinals - Agreed to terms on a minor league contract with
pitcher Jaime Navarro and assigned him to Class AAA Memphis of the Pacific
Coast League.

FarWestChicago
01-31-2002, 01:57 PM
LMAO!!!!

I must move this to the Clubhouse. :)

voodoochile
01-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LMAO!!!!

I must move this to the Clubhouse. :)

Is that a first? I actually read it in the Parking Lot and thought it belonged in here.

Does this improve the flubbies chances this year? Laime can tear an organization apart...

cheeses_h_rice
01-31-2002, 02:22 PM
If I ever have a baby boy, I'm going to start playing soft-toss with him from around the time he can walk.

High-me is prove positive that ANYONE can keep a Major League job so long as they can remotely "pitch."

Good luck, Cardinals! :gulp:

pearso66
01-31-2002, 02:35 PM
i didnt believe it when i read it, so i had to check espn.com, and sure enough

"The Cards signed RHP Jaime Navarro to a minor-league deal on Jan. 31 and assigned him to Triple-A Memphis. Navarro last pitched in 2000 with the Brewers and Indians"


they must think he has something left. my question is, is havent they seen or heard about the way he's been pitching for the last 5 years?

voodoochile
01-31-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
i didnt believe it when i read it, so i had to check espn.com, and sure enough

"The Cards signed RHP Jaime Navarro to a minor-league deal on Jan. 31 and assigned him to Triple-A Memphis. Navarro last pitched in 2000 with the Brewers and Indians"


they must think he has something left. my question is, is havent they seen or heard about the way he's been pitching for the last 5 years?

He was pitching? So that's what they call it...

pearso66
01-31-2002, 02:43 PM
i also checked cardinals.mlb.com, and checked out their AAA team, wow he's already on the roster, if they were smart, they'd stick him in the bullpen, that way they can throw him in when they are already gettin whooped, and he cant hurt anything

Nellie_Fox
01-31-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
If I ever have a baby boy, I'm going to start playing soft-toss with him from around the time he can walk.

High-me is prove positive that ANYONE can keep a Major League job so long as they can remotely "pitch."
That used to be true only of lefthanders.

Spiff
01-31-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

That used to be true only of lefthanders.

I am leftie maybe I can still get a job pitching in the minors or something if I flunk out of college. :)

KempersRS
01-31-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00


I am leftie maybe I can still get a job pitching in the minors or something if I flunk out of college. :)

That shouldn't take too long :D:

WinningUgly!
01-31-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

That used to be true only of lefthanders.
Navarro might have a better chance at getting guys out if he converted himself to a lefty...that right arm just ain't been doing the trick! :D:

sox_fan_forever
01-31-2002, 09:00 PM
OMG! I couldn't believe it when I read this. What are the Cardinals thinking?!?!?!?! :?:


:gulp:

WinningUgly!
01-31-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
OMG! I couldn't believe it when I read this. What are the Cardinals thinking?!?!?!?! :?:


:gulp:

Apparently they are not! :o:

RichH55
02-01-2002, 02:12 AM
Now if Bud was smart...this would be the argument for contraction



:budthetool:tool
Cmon Jamie Navarro major leaguer in waiting? You have got to be kidding me...damn my lying money stats....Jamie F**king Navarro? Something has got to be done



more like
:tool
He's a former Brewer, how bad could he be?


Jamie N......so very wrong

RedPinStripes
02-01-2002, 02:21 AM
I can't wait for the first fight between him and Larussa. What a joke!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

DVG
02-01-2002, 11:18 PM
I'm sure Bud is quite happy that the Cardinals signed ol'
Hi-mie the Headcase. Now, more home runs than ever will
go flying out of the park. Face it, Jaime Navarro is a good
attendance boost.