PDA

View Full Version : Why wasnt Iguchi's play on ESPN highlights just now??

Timmy D's
05-14-2006, 07:50 PM
At 6:40-6:45 ESPN had some highlights playin from this year. Was like 30% Bonds, ***?? No Iguchi play, big ***!!?? I did see Pods homerun stealer grab though. Was all Bonds,m Yanks, and Boston. Typical ESPN crap. They did get Rowands busted nose on there to at least.

Soxfanspcu11
05-14-2006, 08:06 PM
At 6:40-6:45 ESPN had some highlights playin from this year. Was like 30% Bonds, ***?? No Iguchi play, big ***!!?? I did see Pods homerun stealer grab though. Was all Bonds,m Yanks, and Boston. Typical ESPN crap. They did get Rowands busted nose on there to at least.

Did you really expect any less??? ESPN is just stupid, plain and simple. I'm actually surprised that they showed Pod's play.

If Jeter had made the same play that Iguchi had, they probably would make an entire half hour show about that one play. No teal is necessary.

thewalkoffshot
05-14-2006, 09:04 PM
I believe that was just highlights from the past week. It was only like a minute or two long, and Bonds is the big story this week.

SoxFan76
05-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I believe that was just highlights from the past week. It was only like a minute or two long, and Bonds is the big story this week.

No, ESPN MAKES Bonds the biggest story. He's trying to break the record for....2nd place. Big deal. He's a cheater and nobody should be celebrating this.

StockdaleForVeep
05-14-2006, 10:20 PM
No, ESPN MAKES Bonds the biggest story. He's trying to break the record for....2nd place. Big deal. He's a cheater and nobody should be celebrating this.
Yes but for many Bonds tying ruth is a major story. Despite my disdain for it, its not every year you see something historic occur.

sullythered
05-14-2006, 10:27 PM

This is something that's really been bothering me. It is not a record. There is no "second place record." Doesn't exist. When Bonds passed, say, Eddie Murray on the home run list, he wasn't "breaking Eddie Murray's record," he was simply passing him on the list. No differance here. Yes, it's a big deal to pass The Babe, but it being a big deal does NOT make it a record. Period.

Lip Man 1
05-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Timmy D's:

No one cares what ESPN does or does not do, neither should you.

Lip

RadioheadRocks
05-15-2006, 01:09 AM
This is something that's really been bothering me. It is not a record. There is no "second place record." Doesn't exist. When Bonds passed, say, Eddie Murray on the home run list, he wasn't "breaking Eddie Murray's record," he was simply passing him on the list. No differance here. Yes, it's a big deal to pass The Babe, but it being a big deal does NOT make it a record. Period.

Look at it the way I see it, they're all chomping at the bit to see Bonds become "The First Loser"!!!!!!! :bandance:

hi im skot
05-15-2006, 01:28 AM
Remember---ESPN has a vested interest in Bonds, with his "reality" show airing every week. They're more than happy to both look past the steroid issue and also make him the top story for each program.