PDA

View Full Version : Take a Bow Sammy, the Greatest Showman on Earth

irish rover
01-31-2002, 11:41 AM
Cub fans think he is honest and real, a great humanitarian, I can't believe that eat that crap up

Sosa Says He Will Not Bow Unless Fans Ask.(baseball player Sammy Sosa)(Brief
Article)

Issue: April 5, 1999

Chicago Cubs slugger Sammy Sosa said he will not take a bow after he scores a home run this season
after an Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher questioned his professionalism. But Sosa said he will take a
bow if fans request it.

"I'm going to stop it," Sosa said, "but not because I'm scared ... or because [Todd Stottlemyre] wants
me to stop. Nobody can stop me. I'm a grown man and I know what I'm doing. And/ I wasn't trying to
show up nobody.

"But if the fans ask me to do it, I will," he continued."

Todd Stottlemyre took issue with Sosa's bowing after he hit two home runs off of him in a game. Sosa
adopted the gesture last winter in Japan.

He nixed it because some feared angry pitchers might throw balls at his teammates in retaliation for his
alleged showboating.

"Everything I was doing was for the fans. [Stottlemyre] wants to take it to another level, that's his
problem ... It's over. I respect the game, my teammates and the manager. That's why I stopped."

COPYRIGHT 1999 Johnson Publishing Co.

Drop Bears in OZ
01-31-2002, 01:34 PM
I'm going to stop it," Sosa said, "but not because I'm scared ... or because [Todd Stottlemyre] wants
me to stop. Nobody can stop me. I'm a grown man and I know what I'm doing. And/ I wasn't trying to
show up nobody.

"But if the fans ask me to do it, I will," he continued."

"Everything I was doing was for the fans. [Stottlemyre] wants to take it to another level, that's his
problem ... It's over. I respect the game, my teammates and the manager. That's why I stopped."

Question from down under?
Above sounds very suspiciuos...What is Samuel talking about? I feel potential RSI strain if the above continues?.
Is Sam a pull hitter ?