PDA

View Full Version : Hawk needs to stop crying

froghat
05-14-2006, 06:41 PM
I like Hawk but he needs to stop blaming everything on the umps. Vazquez had plenty of chances to pick up the team and he didn't. If the Sox got the big break Hawk wouldn't of said jack. We won the world series last year and listening to Hawk you would think we were the Cubs desperate to win a game. Act like winners, not cry baby losers. Just my opinion

RKMeibalane
05-14-2006, 06:44 PM
I like Hawk but he needs to stop blaming everything on the umps. Vazquez had plenty of chances to pick up the team and he didn't. If the Sox got the big break Hawk wouldn't of said jack. We won the world series last year and listening to Hawk you would think we were the Cubs desperate to win a game. Act like winners, not cry baby losers. Just my opinion

Hawk has been this way for years. He's not going to change.

IlliniSox4Life
05-14-2006, 06:49 PM
:dtroll:

rpac44
05-14-2006, 07:04 PM
I like Hawk but he needs to stop blaming everything on the umps. Vazquez had plenty of chances to pick up the team and he didn't. If the Sox got the big break Hawk wouldn't of said jack. We won the world series last year and listening to Hawk you would think we were the Cubs desperate to win a game. Act like winners, not cry baby losers. Just my opinioni actually enjoy listening to him blast the umps, once my initial anger wears off about the missed calls i enjoy laughing at his blaming the umps
:hawk
"That is BS"

OzzyTrain
05-14-2006, 07:06 PM
i actually enjoy listening to him blast the umps, once my initial anger wears off about the missed calls i enjoy laughing at his blaming the umps

"That is BS"

Same here but it seems like he is more spoken this year, anyone remember what he said after AJ got hit this year during the Angels game ?

veeter
05-14-2006, 07:08 PM
:dtroll:This is not a troll-like comment. I thought Hawk sucked last nite, from the first pitch to the last. All he does is compliment Minnesota ad nauseum. I think the championship took away his edge. In all honesty it took some of mine away too. But I'm not getting huge bucks to cover the team.

rpac44
05-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Same here but it seems like he is more spoken this year, anyone remember what he said after AJ got hit this year during the Angels game ?
something like "eventually, he'll get his" then at the end of the inning "go ahead, walk on by him aj" and then for the rest of the game referred to escobar as "bonehead":tongue:

hi im skot
05-14-2006, 07:12 PM

Escobar wanted to badmouth A.J. all week long, then throw at him on top of it. The umpires should have A.) Tossed Escobar or B.) Let the Sox throw at an Angels batter to "even the score".

Hawk had every right to be upset. And let's be honest...Escobar is a bonehead.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/escobar.jpg

hi im skot
05-14-2006, 07:13 PM
This is not a troll-like comment. I thought Hawk sucked last nite, from the first pitch to the last. All he does is compliment Minnesota ad nauseum. I think the championship took away his edge. In all honesty it took some of mine away too. But I'm not getting huge bucks to cover the team.

Hawk gets more fired up then ever this season. His home run calls and his "this ballgame is OVA!" are fun and exciting.

veeter
05-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Hawk gets more fired up then ever this season. His home run calls and his "this ballgame is OVA!" are fun and exciting. You're right but he doesn't take losses nearly as hard. IMO

HITMEN OF 77
05-14-2006, 07:30 PM

When 2 blown BS calls cost you a game against a team that's in your division and could challenge us for 1st place, he can blast the umps all he wants.

Iwritecode
05-14-2006, 07:39 PM
When 2 blown BS calls cost you a game against a team that's in your division and could challenge us for 1st place, he can blast the umps all he wants.

:yup:

When the bat ends up pointing towards secondbase and the firstbase ump says he didn't swing, he deserves to be blasted...

Lip Man 1
05-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Hitmen:

In my opinion it didn't cost the game. The calls had nothing to do with the fact that Javier gave up hits to Mauer, Hunter and Morneau. Get anyone of those guys out and you still have the lead.

The calls were bad, but as World Champs you play through it and win.

Lip

dickallen15
05-14-2006, 07:44 PM

There is no way to tell if the first one was blown. I have Tivo and was freeze framing it, and no camera angle gave a definitive shot of his foot being on or off the bag. Its safe to assume Paulie didn't think he had the bag or why would he have tagged him? The second one was obvious, but umpires are human and will blow calls. Maybe we are forgetting when AJ went to first base on a "dropped" 3rd strike that didn't hit the ground. Or how Dye was awarded first base before Paulie's memorable grand slam in the WS for being hit by a pitch that actually hit his bat. I love Hawk, but his whining about umpires as well as any more reference to Jerry Manuel has grown very old. When Garland was winning last year, all you heard was how before Ozzie he didn't have a chance because of the manager. With Garland getting beat up this season, hopefully that ridiculous talked will cease.

QCIASOXFAN
05-14-2006, 07:45 PM
You're right but he doesn't take losses nearly as hard. IMO The reason that he doesn't take losses as hard anymore is because he knows are team is good enough to bounce back immediately. He knows were not going to get into 4 and 5 game skids because we have to many good players for this to happen.

dickallen15
05-14-2006, 07:46 PM
The reason that he doesn't take losses as hard anymore is because he knows are team is good enough to bounce back immediately. He knows were not going to get into 4 and 5 game skids because we have to many good players for this to happen.
So tonight's game is a lock?:D:

Soxfanspcu11
05-14-2006, 08:16 PM
I LOVE Hawk and I don't think that he is complaining too much at all.

I like the fact that he is a fan, just like me. I enjoy hearing his passion and when he gets upset. When he is pissed and yelling, I usually am doing the exact same thing.

I would MUCH rather have that then a couple of douchebags like Len and Bob for the flubs who don't seem to care at all.

QCIASOXFAN
05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
So tonight's game is a lock?:D: Yep, Racket Up!

doogiec
05-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Hawk's announcing last night was completely bush league.

The Twins got two extra baserunners last night. Good teams pitch through it. Hawk was right to point out the bad calls as they happened (IMO the call at first could have gone either way, but Scott probably missed it). But once the inning is over, drop it and call the damn game. We don't need it shoved down our throats for two hours, complete with close ups of Scott and Kulpa while Hawk vents.

Umpires are human, some even hold grudges. And if you don't think there are a few umpires in the league that hear about Hawk's comments after the game and hold it against the Sox, you're kidding yourself.

SoxFan76
05-14-2006, 09:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Hawk is always the first one to take back his statements against umps when he realizes they got the call right.

If Hawk is complaining you know it was a bad call.

StockdaleForVeep
05-14-2006, 10:22 PM

Better than bein a braindead chimp and just sayin its ok\showin you dont care. Also if you were deeply involved in this organization, even running it at one point, you;d be emotional with the team too. If it bothers u listen to singleton then

StockdaleForVeep
05-14-2006, 10:23 PM

The Twins got two extra baserunners last night. Good teams pitch through it. Hawk was right to point out the bad calls as they happened (IMO the call at first could have gone either way, but Scott probably missed it). But once the inning is over, drop it and call the damn game. We don't need it shoved down our throats for two hours, complete with close ups of Scott and Kulpa while Hawk vents.

Umpires are human, some even hold grudges. And if you don't think there are a few umpires in the league that hear about Hawk's comments after the game and hold it against the Sox, you're kidding yourself.

Yea, just like im sure the umpires hate the yankee's minor affiliate for Tom green doing announcing during a game and mocking everyone. Umps have better things to do than knowin what radio or tv personalities say of them. We're not talkin about Gary sheffield and not trying cuz you dont care

D. TODD
05-14-2006, 11:48 PM
The call was bad, but it did not cost the Sox the game. Just as the infamous Bartman play with the scrubs or the controversal A.J third stike there were plenty of poor preformances after the call that cost the Sox the game. Some times you have to play through a tough call or play.

vegyrex
05-14-2006, 11:53 PM

Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes:

TaylorStSox
05-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Hawk just needs to step down. He's getting worse. The "stretch" crap is out of hand. He's saying it on lazy fly balls. I've heard the same Yaz/Ted Williams/Frank Howard/Dick Williams/golf stories for years. Get some new material.

It's bad enough that it's refreshing when DJ does innings by himself.

HotelWhiteSox
05-15-2006, 12:33 AM
It happens to everyone, good teams overcome them, and him talking about it won't do anything (if not have bad consequences). It's one thing when a call is so obviously bad, but not when he has to start making excuses for the team, there's no conspiracy

Optipessimism
05-15-2006, 12:40 AM
I don't mind him picking on the umps and such, I just hate it how he keeps going on and on about something that really didn't make much of a difference. After the first disputed play last night (the play at 1B) Hawk said it was a close call and that the Twins may have caught a break. After the second call, which was shown to be a bad call, all of the sudden the umps are '0-for-2.' If that's not bad enough, he has to mention it every half inning with that disgusted tone of voice. Granted, the umps have sucked both last night and tonight, but you can't just blame them for the loss. Sooner or later you have to say the Sox performance sucked, and Hawk hates admitting that.

Hangar18
05-15-2006, 09:00 AM

The Umps changed the direction of that game. I think they knew it too coming into yesterdays game

Viva Medias B's
05-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Remember what Mike Scioscia said last year when the Angels lost Game 2 of the ALCS after the A.J. play? He did not blame the umpires; he said the Angels lost because they failed to get Crede out. The same applies for Saturday's game. Sure, we were screwed by the blown calls in that game, but they didn't cause Vazquez to toss BP to subsequent Minnesota hitters.

TomBradley72
05-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Hitmen:

In my opinion it didn't cost the game. The calls had nothing to do with the fact that Javier gave up hits to Mauer, Hunter and Morneau. Get anyone of those guys out and you still have the lead.

Lip

Normally I'd agree with you Lip...but two different missed calls that would have ended the inning against a team that is very tough at home...sure we could have overcome them....but it was pretty brutal.

Bobbo35
05-15-2006, 09:22 AM

I commend Hawk for what he says. Personally, I love the things Hawk says during a game. He lives and breathes White Sox Baseball. Awesome!!

mccoydp
05-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Hawk is only echoing what I'm saying at home, albeit without the profanity and anger that I vent.

He can "cry" all he wants; I'll keep listening to him.

rdwj
05-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Hawk is only echoing what I'm saying at home, albeit without the profanity and anger that I vent.

He can "cry" all he wants; I'll keep listening to him.

That's why I like him too. Why should he be masking his feelings? If you think the umps blew the call and it cost us - say it!!

SouthSide_HitMen
05-15-2006, 02:12 PM
It is time for you to stop all of your sobbing
Yes it's time for you to stop all of your sobbing oh oh oh
There's one thing you gotta do
To make me still want you
Gotta stop sobbing now
Yeah yeah stop stop stop stop

It is time for you to laugh instead of crying
Yes it's time for you to laugh so keep on trying oh oh oh
Gotta stop sobbing now

Each little tear that falls from your eye
Makes, makes me want
To take you in my arms and tell you
To stop all your sobbing

And there's one thing you gotta know
To make me want you so
Gotta stop sobbing now

oldcomiskey
05-15-2006, 02:31 PM
This is not a troll-like comment. I thought Hawk sucked last nite, from the first pitch to the last. All he does is compliment Minnesota ad nauseum. I think the championship took away his edge. In all honesty it took some of mine away too. But I'm not getting huge bucks to cover the team.
so what did he say that was so wrong--he gave credit where it was due. For my money Santana is the best in baseball especially when you consider we cant beat him and Hunter is the best CFer in the game today

miker
05-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey, even announcers have bad games. For an example turn to 670 on your AM dial...

thepaulbowski
05-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Hitmen:

Lip

The calls may not have cost the Sox a game, but giving the other team 5 outs in an inning doesn't help the Sox any. Especially with how BAD the second call was. The first call you could live with, it was a bang-bang play. The 2nd one was terrible and inexcusable.

Lip Man 1
05-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Paul:

So get Morneau out and you STILL have a 4-3 lead don't you?

Lip