PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment 9,898

Hangar18
05-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Went to BuddyGuys blues place last nite with The Bull, who is in town from Cali for a couple days. Were having a good time, watching Lil Eddie and the Imperials, when on my way back to our seat, I notice a Trixie next to my seat, complete with Cap, Ramirez16 shirt, and the requisite matching sweatbands in blue and red. I excused myself and got into my seat. She was discussing something loudly with another guy when I just couldnt help but start to laugh at her. She gave me an annoyed look and asked why I was laughing. Because your wearing cubjunk hahaha. She answered that the Cubs were "great", and who is my favorite team. I showed her my jacket and she says "it figures" and that the SOX stink (not actual word she used the foul mouth) I said No they dont stink how does she figure.
She says the Cubs were always a "better team" than the SOX, I told her I begged to differ. I said the SOX were in 1st Place and We Just Won the World Series. She said what good is it if nobody was there to watch the games. At this point, I knew where this conversation was heading, and I simply reminded her that her favorite team is in 5th Place, Hasnt won 90 games in a season since 1990, and only accomplished this feat THREE times since 1950. An older gentleman who was nearby said "Really?" seeming very surprised at that stat. I said YES SIR, that team has stunk for quite some time, but theyre treated like Champions in this town. At this point, 3 more members of her party had appeared and listened to my statistics. They said they didnt know the Cubs had been that bad. I was surprised and asked where they were from.
IOWA, said the group. "It figures" I responded. I told them they were most likely brainwashed into thinking the cubs were champions, and they asked how many 90win seasons the SOX had comparitively speaking. The Girl who appeared very intoxicated now, blurts out that the Cubs are still in 1st place. I told her she was very wrong, and her fellow sheep agreed.
"were in 2nd place" No your not, your actually in 5th place.
"no were not ....are we?" Yes, I said. The other two guys looked at each other and remembered the cubs lost a few games, and maybe they were in 5th place after all. The guys said all the papers in Iowa talk only about the Cubs, and not the SOX. I wasnt surprised. I toasted and wished them a safe trip back home when Trixie got a last "sox still ****".

Mercy!
05-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Hi, sailor. Do you come here often?

soxjim
05-13-2006, 06:55 PM
I wonder if the real cub fans know what place their team is in? Lets go batter up the cubs are taking the century off.

WizardsofOzzie
05-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Im not gonna lie, these stories from hangar are my guilty pleasures :smile:

Tom~Attitude
05-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Actually , the Cubs can appear to be in 2nd place if you follow these instuctions:
1. Open newspaper to sports section.
2. Turn newspaper upside down.
3. Look at standings.
Hey! The Cubbies are in 2nd place!! Woooooooooooooooooo!!

itsnotrequired
05-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Actually , the Cubs can appear to be in 2nd place if you follow these instuctions:
3. Look at standings.

The Sbucs are my favorite team! Look at that crappy Xos Etihw team. Last place!

:redneck

Dick Allen
05-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Went to BuddyGuys blues place last nite with The Bull, who is in town from Cali for a couple days. Were having a good time, watching Lil Eddie and the Imperials, when on my way back to our seat, I notice a Trixie next to my seat, complete with Cap, Ramirez16 shirt, and the requisite matching sweatbands in blue and red. I excused myself and got into my seat. She was discussing something loudly with another guy when I just couldnt help but start to laugh at her. She gave me an annoyed look and asked why I was laughing. Because your wearing cubjunk hahaha. She answered that the Cubs were "great", and who is my favorite team. I showed her my jacket and she says "it figures" and that the SOX stink (not actual word she used the foul mouth) I said No they dont stink how does she figure.
She says the Cubs were always a "better team" than the SOX, I told her I begged to differ. I said the SOX were in 1st Place and We Just Won the World Series. She said what good is it if nobody was there to watch the games. At this point, I knew where this conversation was heading, and I simply reminded her that her favorite team is in 5th Place, Hasnt won 90 games in a season since 1990, and only accomplished this feat THREE times since 1950. An older gentleman who was nearby said "Really?" seeming very surprised at that stat. I said YES SIR, that team has stunk for quite some time, but theyre treated like Champions in this town. At this point, 3 more members of her party had appeared and listened to my statistics. They said they didnt know the Cubs had been that bad. I was surprised and asked where they were from.
IOWA, said the group. "It figures" I responded. I told them they were most likely brainwashed into thinking the cubs were champions, and they asked how many 90win seasons the SOX had comparitively speaking. The Girl who appeared very intoxicated now, blurts out that the Cubs are still in 1st place. I told her she was very wrong, and her fellow sheep agreed.
"were in 2nd place" No your not, your actually in 5th place.
"no were not ....are we?" Yes, I said. The other two guys looked at each other and remembered the cubs lost a few games, and maybe they were in 5th place after all. The guys said all the papers in Iowa talk only about the Cubs, and not the SOX. I wasnt surprised. I toasted and wished them a safe trip back home when Trixie got a last "sox still ****".Reading these stories, I sometimes don't know whether to laugh or cry. I mention cry because I can't believe there are people this stupid walking the face of the earth.

TDog
05-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Reading these stories, I sometimes don't know whether to laugh or cry. I mention cry because I can't believe there are people this stupid walking the face of the earth.

I can suffer people who don't know a lot about baseball, but such ignorance is fueled by spring reports in the national media that inspire optimism among people who believe any year can be the Cubs year. Most recently, the "could it be their turn?" stuff that ignored the pre-injury flaws in the team has given casual fans who aren't paying attention the belief that the Cubs are contenders.

WizardsofOzzie
05-14-2006, 03:07 PM
3. Look at standings.

Give it another week and pull the same trick and they will be just ahead of the pirates for first!!! :smile:

cbotnyse
05-14-2006, 10:06 PM
that trixie sat down to the wrong person! way to put her in her place....its just a shame that so many people from outside of Chicago get force fed Cubs instead of the world champion white sox......

MrRoboto83
05-14-2006, 10:39 PM
that trixie sat down to the wrong person! way to put her in her place....its just a shame that so many people from outside of Chicago get force fed Cubs instead of the world champion white sox......

I really don't want those kind of brainless fans rooting for the Sox.

Hangar18
05-15-2006, 07:58 AM
What was funny was The Bull got to see all of this first-hand

DrCrawdad
05-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Hangar, here's how you should handle a Cub fan trixie like her next time...

Discreetly hand off your Sox paraphenalia to your buddy. Pretend to be a Cub fan. Then do your best to get all cozy with the Cub fan trixie. If things go well, when you reach your moment of ultimate passion give her an Andy The Clown shout of, "GO YOU WHITE SOX!"

Hangar18
05-15-2006, 08:42 AM
................I mention cry because I can't believe there are people this stupid walking the face of the earth.

We are the MythBusters.

TheBull
05-15-2006, 08:57 AM
What was funny was The Bull got to see all of this first-hand

That poor girl had no idea what she was walking into by popping off about the Cubs to Hangar. I just sat back in amusement and took the whole thing in while Hangar dissected her.

Earlier in the night our group was at Piazano's for pizza, drinks and the Sox game. Five babes walk into the bar and every guy's head turns in their direction with the exception of Hangar's. His focus on the Sox game was incredible. Of course once the game ended his horns eventually came out.

EastCoastSoxFan
05-15-2006, 09:09 AM
On a slightly unrelated note, one of the clues for last Sunday's New York Times Double Crostic was "Enduring trait of Chicago Cubs fans."
My first thought was "idiocy", but the answer was seven letters long.
It turned out to be "loyalty".
:o:

RSN33
05-15-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm probably going against better judgement in posting this, since I promised someone extremely close to me (who does post here) that I wouldn't go on about something I disagreed with. However, being a baseball fan first and foremost...

Why is it worth posting a number of "stupid Cubs fans" moments like they're they have some of the only fans in baseball that are ignorant? I mean, I know that many here are extremely hateful of anyone other than the White Sox, which is fine, but why waste time; especially when fans this *stupid* are in every ballpark on the continent - Wrigley, Comiskey, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, etc. ALL of them.

Do I like the Cubs? Not even close, so please don't take this as jumping to their aid. In fact, I can't stand them. However, I remember last year merely walking through the concourse in Comiskey with the *White Sox wife* and hearing "So the Red Sox win ONE World Series and you think you're hot s***!!??" comments flying from left and right. This was half a year removed from winning it all and a few months before the White Sox did. I'm sure many (all?) of you would object to that similar treatment today. Now those instances and other abusive ones that weekend were more than grounds for "Stupid White Sox fan" moments in my book, but a few things:

1) Why even bother? Those few morons were not representative of the entire fan base and probably didn't even watch baseball enough to argue with logically. We *I* met some nice people that weekend as well who DID know the game.

2) It's a certainty that there are fans of my own team that would make similar moronic comments if they had the chance. I'd like to smack a lot of them too for defamation of fanbase character.

3) I have friends in Chicago whom are Cubs fans that would go toe-to-toe with any fan from any baseball club - myself included - about baseball in general. They could go on about all 30 teams/700+ players and probably make 99% of others look silly with their in-depth knowledge about the rules/strategies/ and so forth since they are guys who have actually played and know. Just to show you that with all the bad, there are also the good.

I'm just confused by the people that come off as more "anti-Cubs" than "pro-Sox". At least seeing as every fan base has their token percentage of clueless followers, who have no knowledge of the game outside of their own team. Granted, some have more. It's no different for those who would be anti-Sox instead of pro-Cubs. It's just pointless.

I totally agree with some comments I read here that basically say 'who cares anymore!?" and really, who does? Wins mean a heck of a lot more than media coverage or the size of print articles in the big picture - at least, in my honest opinion. Aside from 6 games a year, does it really matter?

Anyway, don't take this as trolling, because I post in peace and don't intend any harm by it. I still just find it very confusing given the fact that your team are the defending champs and are again off to a great start. I'd have figured that stuff like this was either tiresome or would roll off your backs? Anyway, cheers. :gulp:

PatK
05-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi, sailor. Do you come here often?

:rolling::kneeslap:

Hangar18
05-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm probably going against better judgement in posting this.............
Why is it worth posting a number of "stupid Cubs fans" moments like they're they have some of the only fans in baseball that are ignorant?

its called MYTH-BUSTING. Everyday, somewhere in the Media, were being told that We, SOX fans are scumbags and trailer trash that dont go to games and run around on the field, and that the fans 8 miles north are the "smartest" in baseball, and the "most loyal", when we know it couldnt be farther from the truth and in fact quite the OPPOSITE is actually true.

Everyday the media tells me how "smart" their fans are, I'll post something proving quite the opposite. Its gotten to the point where people actually believe some of this stuff now. Pathetic.

maurice
05-15-2006, 11:43 AM
The other two guys looked at each other and remembered the cubs lost a few games

That's the understatement of the year. They've now lost 4 in a row, 12 of their last 13, and 14 of their last 16 games.

But Carrie Woods is coming back, so everything will be fine.

chisoxfanatic
05-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Henry,

With regards to your original post in this thread, it appears as if you were trying to pick an argument. How mature of you! :rolleyes:

I have gotten into heated arguments with Cub fans; however, that's only if they were asking for it. Just trying to pick fights with people makes you look like an ass! There's no need for it.

maurice
05-15-2006, 01:44 PM
:bs:

dakuda
05-15-2006, 01:49 PM
One of my friends last night tried to tell me that the Cubs are more popular because of the red, white and blue logo. This is especially important since 9/11. He really did make that comparison. He was prety wasted though.

miker
05-15-2006, 01:54 PM
One of my friends last night tried to tell me that the Cubs are more popular because of the red, white and blue logo. This is especially important since 9/11. He really did make that comparison. He was prety wasted though.
Sounds like he's ready for a lifetime job in the Cub marketing department.

Hangar18
05-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Henry,

With regards to your original post in this thread, it appears as if you were trying to pick an argument. How mature of you! :rolleyes:

I couldnt help myself. The group of sheep looked like they just came back from the Urinal, all in clothing and looking like they just won the Wild Card Championship.