PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone listened to the SOX Flagship station today saturday 5/13?

Hangar18
05-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Im Disgusted. All morning has revolved around Whats wrong with the Cubs. The weekend anchors are all visibly upset and frustrated and the Weeping, Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth by the Media has begun. Not one mention of the best record in baseball White Sox. Ridiculous. SO I turn on The Score and what are they talking about? Whats wrong with the Cubs, what do they need, who can they get, and ...........AS I PREDICTED, the Calls for Lou Piniella to work here. The gratuitious (and false) comments have already been made about the Cub manager job "being the most coveted in sports" ...YEaah right!

Isnt the Score supposed to the SOX FLAGSHIP station?

HotelWhiteSox
05-13-2006, 05:11 PM
I have heard this crap about being a coveted job as well for the last week or so, what the hell? I guess they figure that no matter how bad you **** up, millions of people will be making excuses for you before it even happens

Hangar18
05-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Im utterly disgusted living in this town ...................
Team A: Best Record in baseball, 1st Place, Won WS in 2005
Team B: 5th Place, 4th place in 05, 3rd place in 04, hasnt won anything of significance since the Roosevelt Administration.

Which team is dominating the Airwaves today?
All im hearing is Who can we get, Fire Dusty, This is ashamed blah blah blah. Memo to Media: WHO CARES about the cubs. Cover the first place team and quit moaning and groaning

SouthSide_HitMen
05-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Isnt the Score supposed to the SOX FLAGSHIP station?

It's The Whore 670, WHOR Chicago - What do you expect? They are located four blocks south of Addison and share offices with the freaks over at WXRT. Most of their talent are Cubs fans. When they aren't offending you with constant Cubs chatter they are offending you with their classy commercials.

It was Uncle Jerry's decision to move to this swamp. It was the WHOR's decision to dump Rooney and bring in Singleton, moving Farmer to PBP. My suggestion is to not listen to WXRT period as well as The WHOR except during White Sox telecasts when you CANNOT get to a television (or when they are on cable and you don't subscribe) as well as this guy who is dishing out the dirt on the Cubs like Piersall and Carey did with the White Sox:

http://www.670thescore.com/includes/news_items/9/456/stoneimageweb.jpg

"For all you youngsters out there, you have to remember the Tribune has no incentive to improve the ballclub, Dusty Baker is a moron, Hendry and MacFail are incompetent, Wood will never be a good pitcher and rooting for the Cubs is futile. Go Sox!"

Joosh
05-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Geez, if this isn't flubsession, I don't know what is.

Guess what? The Cubs are in really bad shape and need some serious changes. This is going to draw a lot of conversation from the media. If the situation was reversed, I'm sure the Sox would be the big topic.

The reason they're ignoring us is because were good, and there isn't anything wrong with our team. The Cubs are a mess. So, of course they're going to discuss the Cubs, especially after that horrible loss.

Why in the hell are you whining for attention from the media? They've given us our due. Just because the Cubs are a more hot topic today doesn't mean that they're ignoring us.

Hangar18
05-13-2006, 06:18 PM

Guess what? The Cubs are in really bad shape and need some serious changes. This is going to draw a lot of conversation from the media. If the situation was reversed, I'm sure the Sox would be the big topic.

The reason they're ignoring us is because were good, and there isn't anything wrong with our team. The Cubs are a mess. So, of course they're going to discuss the Cubs, especially after that horrible loss.

Why in the hell are you whining for attention from the media? They've given us our due. Just because the Cubs are a more hot topic today doesn't mean that they're ignoring us.

Hmmmmmmmmm. in 03 they were good and we finished bad. But they got all the attention. in 04, they were bad and we werent much better, but they got all the attention. in 05, we were winning like gangbusters and they were stinking. They got all the attention. In 06, coming off a WS Championship, were winning theyre stinking again, and theyre getting all the attention. Whats wrong with this picture?

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-13-2006, 06:22 PM

i don't understand why a 5th place team gets more attention than a 1st place team

jabrch
05-13-2006, 06:42 PM
WHO CARES? We are in first place. I don't care what Hub and Zach think about the Cubs. I just changed the station when they continued to rationalize away their poor little cubbies.

Joosh
05-13-2006, 06:53 PM
WHO CARES? We are in first place. I don't care what Hub and Zach think about the Cubs. I just changed the station when they continued to rationalize away their poor little cubbies.

I listened somewhat in the car tonight, and they had a few good callers. Talking about the major differance between Guillen and Baker, aka holding players responsible for their play. The whining from the radio guys was somewhat annoying, but it's good to see that Cub fans aren't putting up with this crap anymore.

chisoxfan64
05-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I was swearing at the radio listening to the crap they were spewing. Someone said "Wow Hub, the Sox are on a 2 game losing streak, that isn`t supposed to happen". Hub says, "If there is any justice it will turn into 20".

This on our flagship station.

**** wscr and **** Hub.:angry:

DumpJerry
05-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Come on everyone. Take a deep breath. How can you fill several hours about the Sox after we say "they're in first place in all of Major League Baseball?" I mean there is no teeth gnashing, finger pointing, offers of prayers to patron saints, etc. A team going down in flames, now that's good radio!

I enjoy listening to the Cub fans calling in and saying what we've been saying for years about their beloved.:D:

Viva Medias B's
05-13-2006, 08:42 PM
It's The Whore 670, WHOR Chicago - What do you expect? They are located four blocks south of Addison and share offices with the freaks over at WXRT.

Actually, they're at the NBC Tower. The left 4949 West Belmont several years ago. Personally, hearing Cub fans call up and whine about how bad they've been playing isn't exactly a bad thing.

Lip Man 1
05-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I don't care what the Cubs do or the media says. I care about the Sox who are going through a less then stellar stretch right now.

Lip

SOXSINCE'70
05-13-2006, 10:13 PM
My suggestion is to not listen to WXRT period as well as The WHOR

I don't.I have a SIRIUS radio in my car!!:cool: :cool:

Now,if I could only purchase one for my house.:angry: :angry:
The radios move out of stores so fast,it's hard to get a hold of one.

SOXSINCE'70
05-13-2006, 10:14 PM
a less then stellar stretch right now.

Lip

That's putting it mildly.It appeared that they just laid down
and took their butt kicking without a fight tonight.:(:

TaquitoElGoocho
05-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Personally, hearing Cub fans call up and whine about how bad they've been playing isn't exactly a bad thing.

I've enjoyed the whining quite a bit, too; however, given WSCR is the "Home of the World Series Champions," as it likes to advertise, I'm puzzled that there isn't more Sox-related programming. More often than not when I tune in, it's Cub crap.

Optipessimism
05-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm. in 03 they were good and we finished bad. But they got all the attention. in 04, they were bad and we werent much better, but they got all the attention. in 05, we were winning like gangbusters and they were stinking. They got all the attention. In 06, coming off a WS Championship, were winning theyre stinking again, and theyre getting all the attention. Whats wrong with this picture?

I dont know about you, but I like listening to people talk about how bad the Cubs are. It's kind of funny. Besides, the Sox get enough attention as it is. You have turds like Mariotti and Kruk praising the Sox and the AL Central, so what more can you ask?

HotelWhiteSox
05-14-2006, 01:40 AM

No they wouldn't. As they did in the past, they would have some little joke about them or their fans and then brush them off. The Cubs are a joke, and it's not only that they discuss them, but they constantly make excuses for them ( They played a 'Cubs Talk' promo where they say 'Who needs Furcal?', covering the ass of Score management. The poor woes with the injuries, this just in, all teams have injuries, the good ones plan ahead and have depth (For example, the Sox last year with El Duque and Thomas being hurt, or this year not trading away a SP and being ready for Contreras going down), and it also can say a little about your coaching staff if they can't prevent injuries.

For those who say 'who cares', I sometimes want to hear Sox talk when I'm not with someone, at a bar, or logged on here (which is why we all registered), so it gets a little annoying. It's not about me boasting or feeling better about myself if I hear the Sox mentioned. Last week I heard Murph say, 'okay producer, clear everything else off, I don't care, only Cubs today', what the hell? I switched it right off, but it's messed up. If it was more equal, then I wouldn't mind. As much as people don't like JHood, at least he split up timeslots devoted to each the Cubs and the Sox when he had a nightly show. The last time I heard more time dedicated to the Sox was Opening Night, and before that, the post season after the first couple of games of the ALDS.

http://www.670thescore.com/includes/news_items/9/456/stoneimageweb.jpg

By only looking at that graphic you can tell the Score is a piece of crap. Besides the fact that they didn't pony up for Rooney and went on the cheap end so now the radio is unlistenable, but their graphics look like they were done by White Sox Josh using Paint (IIRC, their old one was even worse)

monkeypants
05-14-2006, 01:57 AM
I was swearing at the radio listening to the crap they were spewing. Someone said "Wow Hub, the Sox are on a 2 game losing streak, that isn`t supposed to happen". Hub says, "If there is any justice it will turn into 20".
That is what really pissed me off. I don't mind the Cub talk because it is a story about the turmoil they have been in for the past few weeks. It's a relevent story and bad news sells more than good news. But when you have an on air personality actively rooting against a Chicago team then that crosses the line. I really was shocked when I heard Hub say that because I can't remember an on air personality say anything like that against a team in this town. While I don't expect them to be fans of every team, it's amazing to say you wish the Sox would have a 20 game losing streak especially when it was 15 minutes before the Sox pregame show starts. What a jackhole.

harwar
05-14-2006, 07:38 AM
i've been listening to baseball on the radio for many years but after a couple of weeks i can't take Farmer & Singleton anymore.
The score has always been a joke and this year is no different,hell the last time i turned on "the score" at random all i got was spanish,"oye,quines es a chica?',and that was the best hour of radio i have had all year from that station,even though i understood none of it.

I want Mags back
05-14-2006, 08:07 AM
It's The Whore 670, WHOR Chicago - What do you expect? They are located four blocks south of Addison and share offices with the freaks over at WXRT. Most of their talent are Cubs fans. When they aren't offending you with constant Cubs chatter they are offending you with their classy commercials.

i thought they moved to the NBC tower

LongLiveFisk
05-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I dont know about you, but I like listening to people talk about how bad the Cubs are.

I was rather enjoying it myself. But, I will admit the Cubs chatter did go on for a LONG time. Apparently there are so many things wrong with that team, 15-20 minutes wouldn't cover it all.

TornLabrum
05-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I turned on The Score while in my car yesterday to catch some of White Sox Weekly. Mike North was on the phone talking to Fred Huebner. He was talking about how horrible it was the day before to wake up from a nap to hear the Padres pounding the Cubs in the fifth(?) inning of their game. (More on this in this week's column.) So much for "White Sox" Weekly.

MadetoOrta
05-14-2006, 11:12 AM
How long is the contract with the Score? JR should have made pre-conditions with them. Regardless of how we do the next few years, with a WS under our belts, JR has more leverage. He should demand that as part of any extension that Murphy be fired. Do you think Steinbrenner would put up with this crap? WSCR should be a 24-hour White Sox lovefest and instead we get this. Play hardball JR and KW.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-14-2006, 11:44 AM
i don't understand why a 5th place team gets more attention than a 1st place team

This town is full of jabronies.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
If I'm Reinsdorf I buy my own TV and radio station and turn it into a 24-hour White Sox love-a-thon. There is plenty of unemployed/underemployed media talent in this town and JR could probably staff it for a pittance with names everybody already knows.

And the best part? Waiting for the people in glass houses from the competition to start casting stones about how unobjective the SOX station is.

:roflmao:

BainesHOF
05-14-2006, 12:19 PM
WAY too much Cubs talk on the Score again on Sunday. The lowlight came when George "Jim Hendy's shoeshine boy" Offmann appeared stunned when a caller suggested the Cubs trade Maddux to a contender.

chaerulez
05-14-2006, 12:41 PM
A teams thats in a tailspin is more interesting news I think than a team with barely any problems. What can you talk about with the Sox? They are good, we all know it. The bullpen may need help and BA and Uribe need to step it up at the plate. That's about it. There's so much to talk about with the Cubs, all centering around how the organization from the top down is terrible. Coaching, players, the front office, all of them right now seem clueless. Negative news is what drives public interest. Just like the evening news, a top story is usually some kind of crime, rather than someone doing a good deed.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-14-2006, 01:27 PM
A teams thats in a tailspin is more interesting news I think than a team with barely any problems. What can you talk about with the Sox? They are good, we all know it. The bullpen may need help and BA and Uribe need to step it up at the plate. That's about it. There's so much to talk about with the Cubs, all centering around how the organization from the top down is terrible. Coaching, players, the front office, all of them right now seem clueless. Negative news is what drives public interest. Just like the evening news, a top story is usually some kind of crime, rather than someone doing a good deed.

If that was the case, the Chicago Blackhawks would receive non stop coverage.

Most in the media are Cubsessed and the marketing / programing directors think the Cubs will draw substantially more numbers.

The media is behind the curve as usual. People are leaving the Cubs in droves - even longtime fans are boycotting the team or not paying much attention these days while the White Sox are adding to their already strong fan base. A smart station would take advantage of this but unfortunately, Reinsdorf switched to The Score apparently for personal reasons (you're not going to take a bite out of this apple anymore).

The current station management and on air talent puts the White Sox in a worse position as far as radio coverage is concerned than they were before the World Series. The team's in game numbers will continue to rise despite the fact The Score ruined the broadcasting team and it is unfortunate the White Sox will not receive the non game coverage this team truly deserves.

There is not one positive with The Score signing - Rooney leaves, Singleton is hired (because no professional or even barely experienced announcer would take their low ball offer) and most of their staff are Cub fans with some openly antagonistic on air toward the White Sox. At least with ESPN 1000 they supported the team and outside of Levine (another Cub fan ass clown) the station provided quality in game as well as pre & post game coverage.

If Reinsdorf thought they would get more coverage due to the fact ESPN plays 1 or 2 national shows whereas The Whore doesn't he has been sadly disappointed to date. Most North fans are Cubs fans like he is. Murphy is all Cub / all the time. B & B are probably neutral (I couldn't stand listening to find out but I've heard nothing anti White Sox about their coverage).

PS - Thanks for the correction about the move to downtown. Their physical location may have changed (I guess they like being closer to Heavenly Bodies & Hooters) but their talent is the same / possibly worse (I'm not listening to find out).

Lip Man 1
05-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Phil Rogers said the same thing (i.e. trade maddux) on Chicago Tribune Live! Friday.

Lip

sullythered
05-14-2006, 01:55 PM
This town is full of jabronies.

Yoda, you always boil it down to the essence.

ChiSoxGirl
05-14-2006, 02:19 PM
i've been listening to baseball on the radio for many years but after a couple of weeks i can't take Farmer & Singleton anymore.

I have the Score on now before we're leaving for my grandma's house and some guy who's been a Sox fan since '59 just called in and said something to the effect of, "I really like the team of Farmer & Singleton; they're MUCH better than Rooney & Farmer. The Score did an excellent job of hiring in this situation." After hearing that, I now have three things to do- ask myself if the guy did a little too much :gulp:before calling in, wonder if he's indeed :nuts:, and then leave this room and :puking: .

Dick Allen
05-14-2006, 02:57 PM
While driving up to Milwaukee for the Brewers game last night, my wife wanted me to turn on the Score because she likes listening after a Cub loss. After about 15 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore. That joke of a human being, Hub Arkush, is a Mike Murphy in-training who should just stick to football. This is the Sox flagship station, for crissakes!! Every time I turn it on (which is getting less and less frequent, I might add), it's Cub talk. Meanwhile, you have the Cubs flagship station, which isn't even aware of the Sox' existence. And for those of you who think the Sox coverage would be greater than the Cubs if they were in 5th place and the Cubs were coming off a WS win, then I got plenty of swampland in FLA to sell you.

Dancin' Homer
05-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Hub Arkush is a joke and always has been. I quote Hub, " Guys, I think Dave Wannesedt is the only guy who can turn this team around." Wanny was fired 2 weeks later. What a douche bag.

Cub talk isn't that bad it just brings home the point that they suck and the White Sox don't.

The WS championship has completely erased any Cub-hate I had. I care as much about the Cubs as I do about the Devil Rays, i.e. I don't.

Finally, about 50% of what Steve Stone says on the radio is very stupid, the other 50% is very educational about the game and business of baseball.

hawkjt
05-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Random musings of a Hub Arkush

''The white sox has not been that good of an organization- how many players on their team are from the farm system.''

This was when someone critizied the cubs farm system and compared to unfavorably to the sox. hey, Hub, since 1990 the sox have not finished worse than third which no other team in the AL can say,and have the third most wins in baseball after the braves and yanks, I believe. If that does not define an organization as good, what does?

'' The same antics that Ozzie had success with last year will get him fired if they go bad.''

wishfull thinking,Hub?

and the aforementioned
'' I hope they lose twenty in a row.''

Not a chance ,Hub.

He is not a pro, that is obvious.

thepaulbowski
05-14-2006, 09:15 PM

For the same reason why murders lead the nightly news, not people volunteering at a soup kitchen. And the Cubs are owned by the Tribune company.

rocky biddle
05-15-2006, 09:29 AM
The Sox are a segue in this town. Here's your typical Murphy show: Caller- "Hey Murph, What do you think the Sox should do about Anderson? Murph- "Anderson's struggling. Not like the cubs are struggling. I think they need to bring up Pie and then fire Dusty and yada, yada, yada...

All the doom and gloom coming from the cubbie faithful is comical. But just wait, when (if?) Wood, Prior and Lee come back and the little blue ones manage to string together three wins, these same *******s will be chirping about the cubs winning it all. Enjoy listening to the suffering. The cubs will always dominate the media. If I have to be force fed this bull****, I'd rather hear 'em crying.

SOXPHILE
05-15-2006, 10:19 AM

WRONG. 1998 & 2003, the station was pissing Cub blue all over itself and it seemed EVERY WAKING MINUTE was Cubtalk. The Sox were not even an afterthought.

PatK
05-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Wow, I must be the only one that thinks that Singleton isn't doing too bad.

Not too great, but still better than Santo.

SBSoxFan
05-15-2006, 11:35 AM

No, you're not.

And a lawn chair is better than Santo.

miker
05-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Hub Arkush is a joke and always has been. I quote Hub, " Guys, I think Dave Wannesedt is the only guy who can turn this team around." Wanny was fired 2 weeks later. What a douche bag.
Hub always bothered me during his Bears radio broadcasts for years and now I know why...he's a complete ass!

WhiteSoxFan84
05-15-2006, 04:02 PM
It's like the evening news. The lead story is barely EVER good news. It is always a negative/horrific story. Why? Because bad/negative news sells. It gets people's attention a lot easier than good news.

So guess what? More people will want to talk about "Fire this guy! They suck! They need this! They need that! They suck!" rather than, "Wow, this team is good. They kick ass. They can win it again."

Come on guys, we're complaining about "radio air time"? We're # 1 in the game. That's all that matters.

Maximo
05-15-2006, 04:18 PM

I have less of a problem with him in the booth than I do with Farmer.
The hiring of Singleton wasn't as much of a mistake as the promotion of Farmer to do the play-by-play.

SOecks
05-15-2006, 05:40 PM
It's like the evening news. The lead story is barely EVER good news. It is always a negative/horrific story. Why? Because bad/negative news sells. It gets people's attention a lot easier than good news.

So guess what? More people will want to talk about "Fire this guy! They suck! They need this! They need that! They suck!" rather than, "Wow, this team is good. They kick ass. They can win it again."

Come on guys, we're complaining about "radio air time"? We're # 1 in the game. That's all that matters.

Yeah, but the problem is, when the Cubs do well, it's "are they world series bound, is this the year, etc". When there's even a glimmer of hope the media is wetting themselves to write blue skies stories about them. When we do well, it's a "Somber Streak" or "Off the Mark (Buehrle)". Or, it's completely ignored. How about Garcia with 6 wins? We'll never hear about it in the papers I bet. If it was Maddox or Zambrano, it would be all over the front page.

white sox bill
05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
I can remember about this time last yr---the analogy given by the blab radio was this: You are looking at 2 cars, one of them is this brand spanking new, great looking sports car, fully waxed and decked out to show. And the other one is just got hit by a train and is a total loss. Which one would you talk about?

Hangar18
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
How about Garcia with 6 wins? ..............
If it was Maddox or Zambrano, it would be all over the front page.

Freddy Garcia was the quietest Chicago 6 game Winner ive ever seen.
Not one mention of this in either papers headlines. Freddy shoudve gotten the entire front-page of BOTH papers. The Trib figured the Chicago Sky were the bigger story. Remember when Maddux went 5-0?
5 and Ohhhhhhh!
complete with a Humoungous, full-color, entire back-page picture of him
winding up and pitching.

SOecks
05-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Not one mention of this in either papers headlines. Freddy shoudve gotten the entire front-page of BOTH papers. The Trib figured the Chicago Sky were the bigger story. Remember when Maddux went 5-0?
5 and Ohhhhhhh!
winding up and pitching.

But we can't expect positive Sox stories in print and radio because winning isn't a story right? Only the Cubs self destruction is a story because they're losing.

DannyCaterFan
05-16-2006, 04:35 PM
For a very long time, the Cub's flagship radio station has treated the Sox like an out of town team. Not much is ever mentioned about them other than an occasional game result. Morning host, "Spike" O'Dell hosting an all Chicago morning program, thinks the only team in town is the Cubs. The Sox never get a mention on any of the shows and are never treated like the other Chicago area sports teams.
I was hoping that by moving to the Score, that station would do the same thing for the Sox. But at least they recognize the Cubs (as they should). The problem is, is that there is currently too much talk about the Cubs and their problems. The Score should always focus on the White Sox.

Hangar18
05-16-2006, 04:42 PM
For a very long time, the Cub's flagship radio station has treated the Sox like an out of town team. Not much is ever mentioned about them other than an occasional game result. Morning host, "Spike" O'Dell hosting an all Chicago morning program, thinks the only team in town is the Cubs. The Sox never get a mention on any of the shows and are never treated like the other Chicago area sports teams.
I was hoping that by moving to the Score, that station would do the same thing for the Sox. But at least they recognize the Cubs (as they should). The problem is, is that there is currently too much talk about the Cubs and their problems. The Score should always focus on the White Sox.

WSCR should ALWAYS focus on the White Sox

If you cant get favorable treatment from your FLAGSHIP STATION, who are you going to get it from?
The SunTimes? :whistle:
The Tribune? :roflmao:
WGN? :kukoo:

I rest my case. The Score wants to fight with water balloons while everyone else is using Rocks. Idiots.

DickAllen72
05-16-2006, 04:59 PM

This is true. Remember how the White Sox dominated Chicago sportstalk radio back in 2004 when Frank & Maggs both went down for the season?

SouthSide_HitMen
05-16-2006, 06:42 PM
5 and Ohhhhhhh!
winding up and pitching.

Why do you bother reading (and financially supporting) the Tribune? The definition of insanity is to continue doing the same things and expecting a different result. The Tribune is not going to change - at least not until they sell the team. Best to ignore the coverage, stop buying their product and let them know you are cancelling your subscription due to their baseball coverage.

Maximo
05-16-2006, 07:39 PM

I'll bet all those years in New York when the Yankees were winning pennants and the Mets sucked that the airways were filled with people bitching about the Mets. If you were a Yankee fan, you probably couldn't call into a New York radio station and talk about the Yankees because it's never newsworthy to talk about success. I'll bet the media completely ignored the Yankees and Steinbrenner just let them do it.

Yeah.....right.

Orta 4-6-3
05-17-2006, 11:15 AM

I understand "if it bleeds, it leads", except if the two teams' situations were reversed, we wouldn't be hearing boo about the Sox. And that, I think, is what's getting a lot of us pissed off. Will it take another World Series championship for the Sox to get their due? The Cubs sucking is not an aberration.

SOXPHILE
05-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Today on B & B, they're ACTUALLY TALKING WHITE SOX BASEBALL ! HOORAY ! I don't know what to make of it, since I haven't really heard it discussed from 10-5 in the past week to 10 days. What a breath of fresh air. Finally. So far they have balanced it pretty evenly between Cub and Sox talk, which is really all we ask for.

SOecks
05-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Today on B & B, they're ACTUALLY TALKING WHITE SOX BASEBALL ! HOORAY ! I don't know what to make of it, since I haven't really heard it discussed from 10-5 in the past week to 10 days. What a breath of fresh air. Finally. So far they have balanced it pretty evenly between Cub and Sox talk, which is really all we ask for.

It's a very strange show today so far, but good. I do like the talk/analysis of pitches by Jenks and calls they're taking on the different pitches. Good stuff. I'm really pleasantly surprised they haven't talked about the Jones thing all day.

PaulDrake
05-18-2006, 09:23 AM
I have less of a problem with him in the booth than I do with Farmer.
The hiring of Singleton wasn't as much of a mistake as the promotion of Farmer to do the play-by-play. I couldn't disagree more with you and others here about Singleton on the air. I have nothing against the guy, he was a big favorite of mine when he played for the Sox. I thought he was going to be a star player. I have no such illusions about his broadcasting ability, which is nothing short of awful. Reinsdorf got mad at AM 1000 and now we are stuck with this abomination of a radio station.