PDA

View Full Version : 22 runs given up last 2 games

Law11
05-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Need to sanp this little glitch and get back to normal..
Go get em javy...

SectionBNole
05-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah, we need a strong showing tonight. These past 2 games have been very frustrating to watch, but I guess were spoiled.

miker
05-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah, we need a strong showing tonight. These past 2 games have been very frustrating to watch, but I guess were spoiled.
Glad to see some intelligent restraint. When I saw this thread I was getting ready to post the "Sky is falling!" graphic.

Relax ladies and gentlemen, it is a long season.

(Of course if they give up another 10 tonight, I'll be :angry: !!!)

TDog
05-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Actually, it's 16 runs in the last 9 inning, so it's not that bad. Oh, wait. Maybe it's worse.

Then consider that both teams who scored in double-digits against the Sox have been having trouble scoring runs (although the Angels went on to score in double-digits Friday night as well.)

Wednesday, I was more frustrated with the failure to get 2-out hits that could have tied the score in the late innings than I was with the bullpen falling apart. Friday when I saw the Sox were down 2-0 against Santana, with Nathan in the bullpen, I knew the Sox were doomed.

I grieve over every loss, but it's a long season, and I'm guessing the Sox will lose 50 or 60 games anyway. Struggling once in a while while being in first place is better than, well, struggling.

TomParrish79
05-13-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.teddwebb.com/showcase/where_are_they_now/burt_reynolds2.jpg
"We Both Like Half My Face..."

RowanDye
05-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Glad to see some intelligent restraint. When I saw this thread I was getting ready to post the "Sky is falling!" graphic.

Relax ladies and gentlemen, it is a long season.

(Of course if they give up another 10 tonight, I'll be :angry: !!!)

How about 8?

Optipessimism
05-13-2006, 10:28 PM
How about 8?

errrrrrrr..........

Can't we just play the Royals tomorrow instead?

jongarlandlover
05-13-2006, 10:53 PM
errrrrrrr..........

Can't we just play the Royals tomorrow instead?

ugh. i wish. i just want to end this freaking series.

rpac44
05-13-2006, 11:00 PM
mark has already stopped a bad spell once this year (as hawk says "thats what our ace is supposed to do") and i have confidence he can do the same tomorrow, especially going up against carlos silva

Foulke You
05-14-2006, 04:45 PM
This is a big game for the Sox tonight. A chance to stop some of that Twins momentum and put an end to our losing streak at 3. Yesterday's loss was 50% Sox pitchers and 50% bad umpiring. Overall, a very frustrating "classic" Metrodome series for the Sox. Hopefully, we'll get some good pitching tonight from Buehrle.