PDA

View Full Version : our promotions compared to other teams...

mike squires
05-12-2006, 11:45 PM
i was checking the devil rays promotions site and saw they had some decent ones considering, well, they are the Devil Rays. They have several figurines throughout the season and had a Toby Hall batting helmet day which seemed pretty cool. How do you think our promotions rank in comparison to other teams?

I really hope my wife lets me go to that Rays/Jays tomorrow. It would be nice to go watch some batting practice, maybe run into Dicky V and enjoy a game without hanging on every pitch, maybe even get a BP ball or two. Oh yeah, and I'd get a Carl Crawfor figurine!

HotelWhiteSox
05-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Go for it, Halladay is pitching

FedEx227
05-13-2006, 12:54 AM
The D-Rays have a fun brand of baseball, it's definetly not winning baseball just yet. But with Crawford and Gathright you're bound to see a great display of speed and raw athletic ability.

Now if they could only get Delmon Young to get his head out of his ass, or BJ Upton to...well get his head out of his ass they'd be set.

I want Mags back
05-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Ilike world series rings, trophies, hats. posters, but thats just me...

ewokpelts
05-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Ilike world series rings, trophies, hats. posters, but thats just me...one great side effect of winning it all has been the return of promotional giveaways...last year was horrible for giveaways...almost nothing was given out(especially all ages or over 21 items).

Gene

Optipessimism
05-14-2006, 02:06 PM
We have the best promotion in the league and it occurs every single game: defending World Series Champions. Other teams have to rely on giveaways to bring fans in, but we don't.

I want Mags back
05-14-2006, 03:02 PM
one great side effect of winning it all has been the return of promotional giveaways...last year was horrible for giveaways...almost nothing was given out(especially all ages or over 21 items).

Gene

yep, i can't wait for the hats on June 25th

Timmy D's
05-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Our food, and fireworks, make up for any short comings in the give away department IMHO.

sbsox
05-17-2006, 07:15 AM
I used to think the Wed Jersey promotion was a joke; I don't know how many scratch off cards I have with the 20% discount on cell phone accesories.

Last week my scratch off card was a winner.... for 2 Upper Deck Tickets. One of the other guys that we went to the game with also won the tickets.

I think I will use the vouchers for another Wed game.

Chips
05-17-2006, 07:24 AM
I used to think the Wed Jersey promotion was a joke; I don't know how many scratch off cards I have with the 20% discount on cell phone accesories.

Last week my scratch off card was a winner.... for 2 Upper Deck Tickets. One of the other guys that we went to the game with also won the tickets.

I think I will use the vouchers for another Wed game.

Whitesoxwilkes won a jersey this year

MeteorsSox4367
05-17-2006, 10:35 AM
I know some other teams have done this and that's have alumni signing autographs on the concourse. As someone who's a baseball and history geek, I think it would be pretty cool to have players from the past sign pictures and shake hands with fans.

A couple of years ago when I was at PNC in Pittsburgh, I took a picture and got a ball signed by former Pirates catcher Manny Sanguillen. He was one of my favorite Pirates as a kid and it was pretty sweet to shake hands and get an autograph.

I e-mailed this suggestion to Brooks Boyer, but didn't get a response. I think it would be pretty cool to have guys like Kittle or Ventura or even guys like Pete Ward signing and greeting fans.

thegooch
05-17-2006, 10:48 AM
we have the single greatest promotion out there: seniors run the bases.